Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Pets 
Thread started 25 Jun 2012 (Monday) 18:23
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Post your CAT pictures here! (2)

meh_meli
Goldmember
1,373 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Oct 2008

Jan 31, 2014 17:58 |  #3646

Bill,
I'll buy 6+ weeks. Bottle feeding is tough but look what you got as a cat.

Hyogen,
Yes, my cats would kill me if I tried. At least yours look good

Kevin Goto
I prefer Pachelbels lesser known work, Canon in L and the 99 cent menu club.

sponsored links
Bill ­ Boehme
Enjoy being spanked
7,358 posts
Gallery: 38 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Jan 2007

Jan 31, 2014 20:43 |  #3647

meh_meli wrote in post #16653697 (external link)
Bill,
I'll buy 6+ weeks. Bottle feeding is tough but look what you got as a cat.

Yes bottle feeding is demanding and I hardly knew what I was doing, but it was all worth it and we did wind up with a wonderful kitty. I was glad that I only had to bottle feed them for two days. It is very rare, but the kittens had to be delivered by c section. The vet said that the mama cat might not nurse them if she doesn't recognize them as being hers. When we finally got the mom home, she hissed and ran from the kittens. Fortunately, the kittens persisted and it wasn't very long before all was well. I was very relieved. I wasn't cut out to be a mama cat.

Atmospheric haze in images? Click for Tutorial to Reduce Atmospheric Haze with Photoshop.
Gear List .... Gallery: Woodturner Bill (external link)
Donate to Support POTN Operating Costs

bugadrienne
290 posts
Joined Dec 2013

Jan 31, 2014 23:57 |  #3648

Bill Boehme wrote in post #16654055 (external link)
Yes bottle feeding is demanding and I hardly knew what I was doing, but it was all worth it and we did wind up with a wonderful kitty. I was glad that I only had to bottle feed them for two days. It is very rare, but the kittens had to be delivered by c section. The vet said that the mama cat might not nurse them if she doesn't recognize them as being hers. When we finally got the mom home, she hissed and ran from the kittens. Fortunately, the kittens persisted and it wasn't very long before all was well. I was very relieved. I wasn't cut out to be a mama cat.

Im glad you had mom, as mom and littermates are best for the psychological as well as physical development of kittens.

Bottlefeeding is harder when you have more than one orphan, but kittens and other cats teach eachother good manners to be great pets. It can turn out bad in the long run if it is a single orphan. I had one loving single orphan that I raised 20 years ago who was properly socialized by me.
I also had one orphan that I wasn't able to teach how to play gently as she didn't learn from other littermates. Husband helped make it worse with hand play. She went for blood when playing and turned out defensive/aggressive.
Hubby was banned from any " hand playing" with my current former orphans, they are ours now and very loving.

Smokey was a huge help, He is my neutered male and helped clean and teach the babies manners. I love when he throws himself to the ground like they got him good, even if it is his tail that is being attacked. lol

IMAGE: http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3681/12108346004_e1436977f5_c.jpg
IMAGE LINK: http://www.flickr.com …12742168@N08/12​108346004/  (external link)
Smokey (external link) by bugadrienne (external link), on Flickr

meh_meli
Goldmember
1,373 posts
Joined Oct 2008

Feb 01, 2014 00:50 |  #3649

Bill,
I've been doing this for just over five years and haven't had any of our cats needing C-sections. I like the reaction of Mom, nothing scarier than kittens.

Adrienne,
We've have some cats who loved kittens and did the same as your Smokey.

Kevin Goto

bugadrienne
290 posts
Joined Dec 2013

Feb 01, 2014 01:14 |  #3650

meh_meli wrote in post #16654448 (external link)
Bill,
I've been doing this for just over five years and haven't had any of our cats needing C-sections. I like the reaction of Mom, nothing scarier than kittens.

Adrienne,
We've have some cats who loved kittens and did the same as your Smokey.

Meh, That is so much help to be grateful for, but I was frightened of him hurting his nephews and niece at first. he gave them the tough love and they loved that.

My Gremlin who is a few weeks older than our orphaned litter, wanted nothing to do with the kittens. She had an involuntary reaction to the smell of them when she would come to me for affection. She would do the rubbing, purring, sniff a bit and suddenly her own hisses and growls would just happen to her. She would look at me in such cofusion and fear. I think it is because when a mother cat has a new litter she usually drives away the older kittens to make them learn independence. Gremlin just wasn't ready. lol
Everyone gets along fine now, thank goodness. Can't wait for the appointment to fix Gremlin and Fireball a. Gremlin is in estrus now and driving everyone crazy.

Skrim17
The only TPBMer without a title. Enjoying my anonymity.
40,070 posts
Joined Jul 2006

Feb 01, 2014 07:16 |  #3651

I remember worrying a lot about how my Tailspin would take to the new kitten. We kept them apart and let them meet under the door for about 5 days, as soon as we did a little space swapping Tspin was very pushy about wanting to see the kitty. He never hissed, played with the kitty (a little rough) and then sat down and groomed him head to toe.

IMAGE: http://skarimbas.smugmug.com/photos/i-sd675KL/0/L/i-sd675KL-L.jpg

Crissa
PLEASE HELP ME FIND MY PHOTOS!! (external link)

<Eve>
233 posts
Joined May 2013

Feb 01, 2014 08:05 |  #3652

Adorable Crissa!

IMAGE: http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5473/12251254524_c0ba7d1f5e_b.jpg
IMAGE LINK: http://www.flickr.com …/eva_niencke/12​251254524/  (external link)
I surrender (external link) by eva_niencke (external link), on Flickr

Eva - my flickr (external link), facebook (external link) and gear list

SierraHighPhoto
447 posts
Joined Mar 2008

Feb 01, 2014 10:26 |  #3653

Just picked this guy up last night. Three-months old.

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'image/gif' | Redirected to error image by FLICKR

meh_meli
Goldmember
1,373 posts
Joined Oct 2008

Feb 01, 2014 10:34 |  #3654

Looks like you have a new friend and seems pretty confident for one day.

Kevin Goto

SierraHighPhoto
447 posts
Joined Mar 2008

Feb 01, 2014 10:49 |  #3655

Yeah he's been pretty good so far. Still a little scared, but overall I think he's warming up. Just letting him do his own thing right now to get comfortable.

Bill ­ Boehme
Enjoy being spanked
7,358 posts
Gallery: 38 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Jan 2007

Feb 01, 2014 11:40 as a reply to  @ SierraHighPhoto's post |  #3656

bugadrienne wrote in post #16654396 (external link)
... Smokey was a huge help, He is my neutered male and helped clean and teach the babies manners. I love when he throws himself to the ground like they got him good, even if it is his tail that is being attacked. lol

Skrim17 wrote in post #16654826 (external link)
I remember worrying a lot about how my Tailspin would take to the new kitten.

Mr. Squeak, my big male tuxedo became best buddies with the kittens. I read later that male cats and kittens bond easily. Dot and Mr. Squeak are still best buds.

We had three adult cats and when the kittens were old enough to romp through the house, the adults joined in the romping and for all practical purposes we had seven kittens. Sometimes all seven would run like a stampeding herd of wild horses up and down the hallway.

meh_meli wrote in post #16654448 (external link)
... I like the reaction of Mom, nothing scarier than kittens....

:)

Atmospheric haze in images? Click for Tutorial to Reduce Atmospheric Haze with Photoshop.
Gear List .... Gallery: Woodturner Bill (external link)
Donate to Support POTN Operating Costs

DaveKosiba
597 posts
Gallery: 4 photos
Joined Jan 2011

Feb 01, 2014 13:37 |  #3657

ShutterAttack wrote in post #16655258 (external link)
Just picked this guy up last night. Three-months old.

IMAGE NOT FOUND
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'image/gif' | Redirected to error image by FLICKR

He looks like he will be a great friend and part of the family.

EOS 6D MkII, Tamron 24-70 2.8 VC, 85 1.8, 70-200L f/4 IS, 16-35 f/4L IS, 430 EXII, Luma Cinch Strap

SierraHighPhoto
447 posts
Joined Mar 2008

Feb 01, 2014 19:12 |  #3658

Yup he finally warmed up today. The one cat isn't too thrilled, but he's the "prince" as we like to say. Been moaning all damn morning. The other one wants to just play with him.

Funny part is he's been sleeping in the end table/box thingy next to my bed, which ironically is the side of the bed the "prince" sleeps under during the day.

Might as well be bunk mates lol.

SarahJanePhotography
Mostly Lurking
16 posts
Joined Feb 2014

Feb 01, 2014 23:31 |  #3659

My little buddy Max

IMAGE: http://i.imgur.com/RuEfOl8.png

Instagram (external link) | Flickr (external link)

Whippeticious
Goldmember
2,302 posts
Joined Nov 2008

Feb 02, 2014 02:31 |  #3660

I dont have a cat of my own anymore but a friend breeds ragdolls and snowshoes and has some litters now. I went around and took some photos of them.

IMAGE: http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5541/12260938065_53aa105264_z.jpg
IMAGE LINK: http://flic.kr/p/jFsvH​T  (external link)
IMAGE: http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2840/12261377674_32f63467cf_z.jpg
IMAGE LINK: http://flic.kr/p/jFuLp​m  (external link)
IMAGE: http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7402/12260946595_bfd9043d75_z.jpg
IMAGE LINK: http://flic.kr/p/jFsyf​X  (external link)

sponsored links

2,102,640 views & 35,007 likes for this thread
Post your CAT pictures here! (2)
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Pets 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.