Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos The Business of Photography 
Thread started 02 Feb 2014 (Sunday) 22:27
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

What calendar do you use to mark your photoshoot schedules?

professorman
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,661 posts
Joined May 2009

Feb 04, 2014 15:34 |  #16

casp3r wrote in post #16662542 (external link)
I also use Google calendar. I share a studio with 4 others and it's great for seeing when the studio is free.

Arrg. I have setup a second calendar in Google Calendar for the studio, but now, it refuses to sync to my iPhone calendar. It is not syncing with my Tempo app either.

I have my email setup as "Microsoft Exchange" on my iphone, instead of using "gmail". I know a lot of people recommend using Exchange instead. Somehow, i should be able to sync. I also went to the browser on my phone to sync multiple calendars, and even though the calendar is checked, it still will not sync. I have also restarted, and nothing..... Arrg

MyGear | Feedback | facebook (external link)|My Site (external link)|Flickr (external link)

sponsored links
whiteflyer
Goldmember
1,695 posts
Gallery: 209 photos
Joined Jun 2006

Feb 04, 2014 16:34 |  #17

The calender that's on your iPhone should do what you want, sync via iCloud and it'll always be upto date for you and your partner, and you can have and view as many individual calendars as you wish.

I have mine setup with half a dozen or so, home, photography, sports events, concerts and so on.

But as said earlier in the thread everyone has to be using an apple device.

Whiteflyer Photography (external link) | Gear List

jecottrell
324 posts
Joined Nov 2012

Feb 05, 2014 09:21 |  #18

professorman wrote in post #16663490 (external link)
Arrg.

Just delete it and try again using the gmail settings instead of the exchange.

I set up my wife's iPhone, iPad and my iPad and they all work fine using the Google settings.

airfrogusmc
I'm a chimper. There I said it...
36,085 posts
Gallery: 146 photos
Best ofs: 6
Joined May 2007

Feb 05, 2014 10:30 |  #19

I use Week At a Glance. Have for several decades.

professorman
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,661 posts
Joined May 2009

Feb 05, 2014 10:41 |  #20

jecottrell wrote in post #16665246 (external link)
Just delete it and try again using the gmail settings instead of the exchange.

Thanks! I ended up doing that and it works nicely after that. I kept my email as exchange, but used the gmail settings for the calendars.

nathancarter wrote in post #16660006 (external link)
My wife and I use the "Tempo" calendar app for iOS. We previously used FantastiCal but she decided Tempo was better, I dunno the specific differences.

I am IN LOVE with Tempo now. Awesome! Thanks guys! This was exactly what I was looking for!

MyGear | Feedback | facebook (external link)|My Site (external link)|Flickr (external link)

drvnbysound
Goldmember
3,316 posts
Joined Aug 2009

Feb 06, 2014 07:33 |  #21

I've had an iPhone for just over a year now... I use the Google calendar, which is sync'd with my Apple calendar. My wife and I have both iPhones and iPads, but no Apple computers. Using the Google calendar allows me to check the calendar from practically anywhere, on any device/computer.

I also use the dedicated Gmail app rather than the iPhone email client.

I use manual exposure settings on the copy machine
..::Gear Listing::.. --==Feedback==--
...A few umbrella brackets I own...

professorman
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,661 posts
Joined May 2009

Feb 06, 2014 11:50 |  #22

drvnbysound wrote in post #16667676 (external link)
I've had an iPhone for just over a year now... I use the Google calendar, which is sync'd with my Apple calendar. My wife and I have both iPhones and iPads, but no Apple computers. Using the Google calendar allows me to check the calendar from practically anywhere, on any device/computer.

I also use the dedicated Gmail app rather than the iPhone email client.

After checking out Tempo, it is sooo much easier to see my schedule, rather than using the apple calendar. I also use the Gmail app rather than the iPhone email client.

drvnbysound
Goldmember
3,316 posts
Joined Aug 2009

Feb 06, 2014 12:01 |  #23

I just browsed the Tempo app. The only difference I really see WRT the calendar is the summary of events on a given day... rather than having to scroll through the times on the calendar.

professorman
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,661 posts
Joined May 2009

Feb 06, 2014 12:12 |  #24

drvnbysound wrote in post #16668349 (external link)
I just browsed the Tempo app. The only difference I really see WRT the calendar is the summary of events on a given day... rather than having to scroll through the times on the calendar.

It has week at a glance. I can just look at the week and see everything in compact mode, then you touch a day, and it just widens that day to let you see the details of the events for that day. The iPhone calendar app does not have week at a glance.

drvnbysound
Goldmember
3,316 posts
Joined Aug 2009

Feb 06, 2014 18:58 |  #25

professorman wrote in post #16668386 (external link)
It has week at a glance. I can just look at the week and see everything in compact mode, then you touch a day, and it just widens that day to let you see the details of the events for that day. The iPhone calendar app does not have week at a glance.

Gotcha. I don't really use, or have a use for something like that. I generally just view monthly, and see what days have icons detailing that I have something scheduled. 90% of the time it's something that my wife has added to her calendar, which is shared onto mine.

sponsored links

2,952 views & 0 likes for this thread
What calendar do you use to mark your photoshoot schedules?
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos The Business of Photography 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.