Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
Thread started 18 Jul 2007 (Wednesday) 17:37
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Red Ring Tupperware Party, Autumnal Equinoctal Edition (24)

gjl711
"spouting off stupid things"
55,959 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Feb 10, 2014 22:36 |  #3196

thomascanty wrote in post #16679919 (external link)
The first band I saw in concert was the Dead Kennedys.
Second was AC/DC.

One of the oddest concerts i went to was to see Alice Cooper. It was held at the Elmhurst YMCA (external link). They totally didn't know what this band was about. :) The concert series ended shortly thereafter.

Not sure why, but call me JJ.
I used to hate math but then I realised decimals have a point.
::Flickr:: (external link)
::Gear::

sponsored links
Jill-of-all-Trades
far from having everything figured out!
16,302 posts
Gallery: 120 photos
Joined Jun 2006

Feb 11, 2014 11:43 |  #3197

Last concert I went to was Great Big Sea at the Molson Amphitheatre in Toronto.

Not really a big concert person, but I'll go occasionally. Saw Brad Paisley and Tim McGraw when they were here in town. My favourite concert was the one we went to at the Kentucky State Fair. We were driving through Louisville, listening to the radio, and heard the advertisement for it. Free concert the next day with two of our favourite bands. Heck yeah, we'll drive halfway across the state again to attend!

Melody

LV ­ Moose
Moose gets blamed for everything.
23,407 posts
Gallery: 222 photos
Best ofs: 4
Joined Dec 2008

Feb 11, 2014 12:22 as a reply to  @ Jill-of-all-Trades's post |  #3198

I haven't been to a ton of concerts, but my favorites were Fleetwood Mac, Sarah McLachlan, followed by Toby Keith.

Lindsey Buckingham was great; I think the FM concert lasted almost two hours, and even when the other band members took breaks, he'd stay on stage and play. His talent is something else.

Moose

Gear... Flickr (external link)...Flickr 2 (external link)...
Macro (external link)...Hummingbirds (external link)
Aircraft (external link)

Harm
I don't always post, but when I do, I drink Dos Equis....
48,634 posts
Gallery: 13 photos
Joined Jan 2008

Feb 11, 2014 13:03 |  #3199

best concert I went to was Live 8. I had won a pair of tickets to see everyone live. Even the reformed Pink Floyd. Naturally everyone and their pet goldfish wanted to go with me. But of course I took Betsy :D

Super fun!

http://www.live8live.c​om/theconcerts/ (external link)

SmugMug (external link)

gjl711
55,959 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Feb 11, 2014 13:14 |  #3200

I've been to a lot of concerts especially when I was younger. Pretty much saw them all except i never saw the Beatles as they were done before my time. Saw the Stones though, Floyd, Zep, Black Sabbath several times, Zappa, and a ton of others. THe one that stands out was Weird Al. Of all the performers, he was outstanding. His band was flawless and capable of playing any style imaginable. THey would move from old school hard rock to disco to rap to whatever and play as if they had been doing so their whole lived. Very entertaining.

Harm
I don't always post, but when I do, I drink Dos Equis....
48,634 posts
Gallery: 13 photos
Joined Jan 2008

Feb 11, 2014 13:16 |  #3201

One of the more bizarre concerts I have been to?

Steven Seagal. He has a blues band... they came to england, so we had to go and see him for a laugh.

He may be more of a tub of lard these days, but he still had that look of "i am going to rip your ****ing head off" with his bare hands look :D

SmugMug (external link)

thomascanty
Bold. Pink.
Gone, but not forgotten.
38,071 posts
Joined Mar 2003

Feb 11, 2014 13:20 |  #3202

gjl711 wrote in post #16681471 (external link)
I've been to a lot of concerts especially when I was younger. Pretty much saw them all except i never saw the Beatles as they were done before my time. Saw the Stones though, Floyd, Zep, Black Sabbath several times, Zappa, and a ton of others. THe one that stands out was Weird Al. Of all the performers, he was outstanding. His band was flawless and capable of playing any style imaginable. THey would move from old school hard rock to disco to rap to whatever and play as if they had been doing so their whole lived. Very entertaining.

I saw Weird Al play at the LA County Fair one year. I liked the show, but the one thing that was a bit annoying was how he (and most of the band) would disappear for 5 or 10 minutes between each song to change costumes. It really interrupted the flow of the show.

My name is Lonnie, but I answer to Thomas too.
LDPhotography.net (external link) | Weekly Pioneer (external link) | Facebook (external link)
"Young at heart. Slightly older in other parts."

gjl711
55,959 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Feb 11, 2014 13:22 |  #3203

thomascanty wrote in post #16681487 (external link)
I saw Weird Al play at the LA County Fair one year. I liked the show, but the one thing that was a bit annoying was how he (and most of the band) would disappear for 5 or 10 minutes between each song to change costumes. It really interrupted the flow of the show.

THe two times we saw him he had a multi-media show in those spots. Some of his interviews, he played "Weasel stomping day" during one break but it flowed well.

gjl711
55,959 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Feb 11, 2014 13:24 |  #3204

How about the worst ever. Mine was Foghat. I loved their albums but when we saw them in concert they were a total train wreck. I'm not sure they even knew how to play. They were just very loud.

thomascanty
Bold. Pink.
Gone, but not forgotten.
38,071 posts
Joined Mar 2003

Feb 11, 2014 13:25 |  #3205

gjl711 wrote in post #16681495 (external link)
THe two times we saw him he had a multi-media show in those spots. Some of his interviews, he played "Weasel stomping day" during one break but it flowed well.

I wonder why he didn't do that at the show I saw. It was just quiet, dead time while we waited for them to return.

LDPhotography.net (external link) | Weekly Pioneer (external link) | Facebook (external link)

thomascanty
Bold. Pink.
Gone, but not forgotten.
38,071 posts
Joined Mar 2003

Feb 11, 2014 13:27 |  #3206

I've seen TONS of local bands at area night clubs, so I have too many of those to include on my "worst" list. But, when it comes to established "known" bands, I can't think of any I've seen that I'd include on that list. I did see a video online of a Boston show that was beyond horrible, though.

LV ­ Moose
Moose gets blamed for everything.
23,407 posts
Gallery: 222 photos
Best ofs: 4
Joined Dec 2008

Feb 11, 2014 13:29 as a reply to  @ thomascanty's post |  #3207

Saw ZZ Top in '76. Could barely see the band through the fog of pot smoke. I don't remember too much of it myself.

Moose

Gear... Flickr (external link)...Flickr 2 (external link)...
Macro (external link)...Hummingbirds (external link)
Aircraft (external link)

thomascanty
Bold. Pink.
Gone, but not forgotten.
38,071 posts
Joined Mar 2003

Feb 11, 2014 13:30 |  #3208

LV Moose wrote in post #16681513 (external link)
Saw ZZ Top in '76. Could barely see the band through the fog of pot smoke. I don't remember too much of it myself.

Sounds like a Grateful Dead show, except the smoke there isn't all from pot...

JWright
Planes, trains and ham radio...
18,399 posts
Joined Dec 2004

Feb 11, 2014 15:34 as a reply to  @ thomascanty's post |  #3209

The first Jimmy Buffett concert Heather and I went to was at an open-air amphitheater with an open grass seating area. We were close to the front of the grass area which was fine until he came on stage. Then the crowd mobbed the fence with no regard for the people already sitting there. Coupled with all the pot smoke (which makes Heather nauseous,) it was pretty unpleasant. I swore that I would never attend another concert in that venue again.

We went to another JB concert recently at the basketball arena for San Diego State University and it was much better, except that because of everyone standing up, it was difficult to see the stage. We've seen the Dixie Chicks in the same venue and there wasn't a bad seat in the house because they put the stage in the middle of the floor, rather than at one end.

John

Woolburr
THREAD ­ STARTER
Mr. PMS Himself
66,487 posts
Gallery: 115 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined Sep 2005
Location: The Tupperware capitol of eastern Oregon...Leicester, NC!

Feb 11, 2014 18:04 |  #3210

I've seen some great shows over the years, but what sticks out is the only concert I ever walked out of. The Dave Matthews Band. A sack of screaming cats would have been more entertaining. Every song they play sounds exactly the same. I don't see how you could get drunk or stoned enough to enjoy that crap. :lol:

People that know me call me Dan
You'll never be a legitimate photographer until you have an award winning duck in your portfolio!
Crayons,Coloring Book, (external link) Refrigerator Art (external link) and What I Really Think About (external link)

sponsored links

3,895,115 views & 3,266 likes for this thread
Red Ring Tupperware Party, Autumnal Equinoctal Edition (24)
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.