Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS General Gear Talk Flash and Studio Lighting 
Thread started 15 Dec 2012 (Saturday) 18:41
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

People who use strobes as off camera flash at receptions

Lonnie
Goldmember
1,606 posts
Joined Feb 2006

Dec 17, 2012 09:55 |  #16

tmalone893 wrote in post #15376814 (external link)
How are you using the cybersyncs to fire the OCF if your ETTL flash is in the hotshoe?

I don't know how the poster is doing it, but you can trigger the cybersync with a sync cord if you don't want to or can't use the hot shoe.

My YouTube Vlog: https://www.youtube.co​m/c/GarageFlips (external link)

sponsored links
dmward
Cream of the Crop
9,069 posts
Gallery: 29 photos
Joined Jun 2009

Dec 17, 2012 10:31 |  #17

jcolman wrote in post #15375511 (external link)
I highlighted the most important part. bw!

For Sure!

Probably the most important thing for a photographer to learn is that experience trumps a formula every time. :-)

David | Sharing my Insights, Knowledge & Experience (external link) | dmwfotos website (external link)

The ­ Loft ­ Studios
Goldmember
1,065 posts
Joined Oct 2009

Dec 17, 2012 10:33 |  #18

tmalone893 wrote in post #15376814 (external link)
How are you using the cybersyncs to fire the OCF if your ETTL flash is in the hotshoe?

Through the PC Sync Terminal via the camera.....

MARK

dmward
Cream of the Crop
9,069 posts
Joined Jun 2009

Dec 17, 2012 10:42 |  #19

The Loft Studios wrote in post #15376980 (external link)

And velcro or band the CST to the flash. And, get a cable from Flash Zebra with the securing nut to screw into the PC sync on the camera.

David | Sharing my Insights, Knowledge & Experience (external link) | dmwfotos website (external link)

tmalone893
Goldmember
2,018 posts
Gallery: 54 photos
Joined Jan 2006

Dec 17, 2012 12:58 |  #20

The Loft Studios wrote in post #15376980 (external link)

dmward wrote in post #15377004 (external link)
And velcro or band the CST to the flash. And, get a cable from Flash Zebra with the securing nut to screw into the PC sync on the camera.

Duh!:oops: My brain went blank as I don't usually do this type of flash hook up. Thanks for the response.

Name: Theron
MaxPreps Profile (external link)
My Gear

flickr (external link)
https://www.instagram.​com/theronmalone/ (external link)

fotographia
Hatchling
1 post
Joined May 2008

Feb 11, 2014 19:00 as a reply to  @ Lonnie's post |  #21

Try the Yongnuo YN-C22 Triggers,they are the bomb. You can stack your PCB or other radio poppers ontop of this trigger and fire both at once, it also allows you to keep your ETTL function to an off camera Speedlight flash, while maintaining manual mode for strobes :)

rsieminski
733 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Feb 12, 2014 10:43 |  #22

Yep, the YN-C22 give many more options

--Rick
Website | (external link)Flickr | (external link)facebook | (external link)ModelMayhem (external link)

Please 'Like' my fan page by clicking here (external link)

nes_matt
Goldmember
1,022 posts
Joined Aug 2010

Feb 12, 2014 22:49 |  #23

Some really helpful post here with those two breakdowns with examples. Thanks folks.

Canon 6D & Rebel T1i | Tokina 11-16 F2.8 | Sigma 18-50mm F2.8 EX DC Macro | Nifty-Fifty |85mm f1.8 | Canon 24-105 F4 | Sigma 70-200mm f/2.8 EX DG OS HSM
Flickr photo stream (external link)
Portfolio (external link)
Facebook Page (external link)

jcolman
Goldmember
2,624 posts
Gallery: 17 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined Mar 2008

Feb 13, 2014 05:20 |  #24

Holy old post! I don't use mono lights anymore ever since I bought 4 Cheetah lights.

www.jimcolmanphotograp​hy.com (external link)

dmward
Cream of the Crop
9,069 posts
Joined Jun 2009

Feb 13, 2014 08:33 |  #25

jcolman wrote in post #16685958 (external link)
Holy old post! I don't use mono lights anymore ever since I bought 4 Cheetah lights.

I was a little surprised to see this resurface as well. :-)

If one wants to have ETTL on camera and manual strobes off camera the Phottix Strata II is a nice option since it has hard wire ETTL pass through to the on-camera speedlite and then delivers X sync to the off camera lights.

There are lots of other options as well. The YN-622 is one but a bit more complicated to setup than the Strata since the speedlite mounted on the YN-622 on camera is not seen by the camera. It is a Group one speedlite. That means the strobes have to be setup as another group in M mode.

sponsored links

8,639 views & 0 likes for this thread
People who use strobes as off camera flash at receptions
FORUMS General Gear Talk Flash and Studio Lighting 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.