Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS General Gear Talk Flash and Studio Lighting 
Thread started 19 Feb 2014 (Wednesday) 15:58
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

flash trigger Cyber commander on top of YN622C

chitro
61 posts
Joined Aug 2013

Feb 19, 2014 15:58 |  #1

Currently own a pair of Yongnuo YN622C triggers (transceivers). Want to get einstein e640 with the cyber commander and transceiver. The YN622C has passthrough hot shoe to mount a flash on top. is it possible to mount the cyber commander on top of the YN622C so that I can fire both a speedlight and the einstein together?

sponsored links
gonzogolf
dumb remark memorialized
30,269 posts
Gallery: 296 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined Dec 2006

Feb 19, 2014 16:05 |  #2

It should work. The CC doesnt need ETTL so it should be fine up there. That said, a lot of users prefer to get a second Cybersync transmitter to use in the shoe and use the CC in your pocket. The remote function of the CC to control the power is all done prior to pushing the button so it can be used apart from the sync process.

frugivore
Goldmember
3,089 posts
Gallery: 11 photos
Joined Aug 2010

Feb 19, 2014 16:19 |  #3

I just did a quick test and yes, it works! I shot at 1/125s (with a 5D) and you'll notice the band at the bottom, so this really isn't an ideal setup if you need a faster sync speed. And the CC sits very loosely on the YN622C. I wouldn't leave it on there.

If you want to trigger your Einsteins, but a CST in addition to the CC. Use the CST as the trigger and keep the CC on hand to make adjustments. (Oops, just noticed that gonzogolf mentioned that already!)

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

CliveyBoy
R.I.P.      He will be missed
3,272 posts
Joined Nov 2005

Feb 19, 2014 16:23 |  #4

It's in TOYUG P.10 - David Ward's technique with Cybersync.

Clive, and Great G/D Abbie
50D; 580EXII, 430EXII, 550EX, YN685EX; YN-622C II, YN622C-TX and YN560-TX controllers TOYUG II v5.10 YN622 System Guide (external link)
I tried retiring, but gave it up - it's a dead end

chitro
THREAD ­ STARTER
61 posts
Joined Aug 2013

Feb 19, 2014 17:06 |  #5

thanks. I've done some thinking and I suppose one can also fire the einstein using optical slave triggered by the speedlight

BTNorris
212 posts
Joined May 2005

Feb 19, 2014 17:24 as a reply to  @ chitro's post |  #6

My CC fits loose too, so I sometimes fire the Einstein with a YN622 and keep the CC in my pocket. (Which I'll do even when not using any speedlights.) Yeah... I know. I'll get a CST someday.

7D, 17-55, 50 1.4, 70-200, 10-22, Kenko Tubes, OPTIX xr, Einstein

sponsored links

1,655 views & 0 likes for this thread
flash trigger Cyber commander on top of YN622C
FORUMS General Gear Talk Flash and Studio Lighting 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.