Challenge #25 - Local History
Lately, I have been on a local history kick. I like to see and photograph things that were from a different historic era. Things like mills, lighthouses, old houses, etc. Other ideas could be things that represent the past, like monuments or statues. But the real challenge is that I would like to see photos from your neck of the woods. A photo that shows me a little about the history of where you live or work. In addition to the standard title and camera name, please include a bit of info about the shot and how it connects to the history of your town.
Please don't be turned off by the "local" aspect of the challenge. If you cannot come up with a good shot in your area, anything historical will do.
In addition to the standard elements of photography, I will be judging the extent to which your photo captures or represents a bygone era.
To submit, click "Post Reply" and put your Photo Name in the Subject Line. Don't forget your Camera Model.
Post until Monday noon GMT, July 3, 2006.
1. Camera -- Any Canon Powershot Series Camera (SD, A-series, S1/2, & S-series only...No Pro 1's!!!)
2. Time -- any on-topic photo taken at any time is eligible, although photos that have won other competitions should NOT be entered.
3. Size -- Photo must be EXACTLY 800 pixels on the longest side and no more than 200K in size with NO BORDERS. Here is some help for resizing your photos in Photoshop - https://photography-on-the.net/forum/...9&postcount=26
4. Post-Processing -- do whatever you like and the host will decide if it works.
5. Posting --
* ONE PHOTO per photographer in each challenge.
* Photo Name in the message subject line.
* Camera model.
6. Notes -- Name and camera you used and any other information pertaining to the photo...location, photo tips, brief EXIF data ect.
7. Commenting -- No commenting during challenge. When the posting is closed, comments can be made in this thread.Time
One challenge every week, on the following schedule:
- New Topic ... After winner is declared.
- Posting Starts ... Right after topic is announced.
- Posting Stops ... Monday noon GMT
- Winners Announcement ... As soon as possible after the contest has been closed.
Please consider turning on Private Messaging in your profile.
This will allow the host to contact you about winning or ineligible photos. You turn this feature on by clicking "User CP, Edit Options, Enable Private Messaging" (about a third of the way down the page). Thank you.
POTN Powershot Challenge Info & Winners List and Rankings: https://photography-on-the.net/forum/...d.php?t=133933