Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Weddings & Other Family Events Talk 
Thread started 17 Feb 2014 (Monday) 12:27
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Updated website

funkybuddha
976 posts
Joined May 2007

Feb 17, 2014 12:27 |  #1

Hi all! Haven't been here in a long time. I just finished doing updates on the website. Let me know what you all think. Any comments/critique.

http://glencophotograp​hy.ca/ (external link)

http://www.glencophoto​graphy.ca (external link)

sponsored links
scorpio_e
Cream of the Crop
7,402 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Aug 2007

Feb 17, 2014 15:51 |  #2

Not a fan of the front page. You are not really sure if the web page is loaded or not. You have to mouse over to see your options.

www.steelcityphotograp​hy.com (external link)

Myboostedgst
Goldmember
1,902 posts
Gallery: 28 photos
Joined Feb 2011

Feb 17, 2014 16:39 as a reply to  @ scorpio_e's post |  #3

Agree ^. Also if you move your mouse off that area, you have to go back again and restart selecting the part of the website that you want to view.

Many people don't like having a personal gallery in there. If it is not part of your customer interests, don't put it on there.

No about me page? Where are you located? If I was a impatient potential client, I would have moved on.

Andrew | Flickr (external link) | Instagram (external link)

PhotoMatte
Goldmember
1,707 posts
Gallery: 29 photos
Joined Jun 2008

Feb 17, 2014 17:13 |  #4

funkybuddha wrote in post #16696360 (external link)
Hi all! Haven't been here in a long time. I just finished doing updates on the website. Let me know what you all think. Any comments/critique.

http://glencophotograp​hy.ca/ (external link)

I wasn't able to view any of your wedding galleries on my iPad Mini.

EDIT: I tried again. The first three wedding galleries didn't load; the fourth gallery did.

the site (external link)
the blog (external link)
Smugmug (external link)
My gear: Canon, Macintosh, Adobe

memoriesoftomorrow
Goldmember
3,846 posts
Joined Nov 2010

Feb 17, 2014 17:31 |  #5

Really not obvious where you menu is. Rule 1 of web design don't make things hard for users. You just did. I personally found it really annoying having to go back and get the menu open again to change page. First page image isn't that great.

Use of curly brackets works on a pastel coloured mum friendly newborn website... Not on a page where a dirty bridge is the background. Not very easy to read that Blog page either. You're really making this an uncomfortable experience for the users.

Who cares about you personal work?

Where are you based? I can't see... If I'm a user I just left.

In summary. The navigation sucks... the site is hard on the eye and hard to read. It certainly isn't appealing to anyone looking for the three genres you offer in your portfolio. Personally I'd start over again.

Peter

picturecrazy
soft-hearted weenie-boy
8,565 posts
Joined Jan 2006

Feb 18, 2014 02:57 |  #6

Not even possible to navigate on my phone. Relies on too many mouse events that are not entirely friendly to touch interfaces. I have noticed on my web stats that half my visitors are on a mobile device. That is huge. Your site has to be operational on both mobile and desktop.

-Lloyd
The BOUDOIR - Edmonton Intimate Boudoir Photography (external link)
Night and Day Photography - Edmonton Studio Family Baby Child Maternity Wedding Photographers (external link)
Night and Day Photography - Edmonton Headshot Photographers (external link)
Facebook (external link) | Twitter (external link) |Instagram (external link) | Gear

mckay ­ photography
676 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Nov 2005

Feb 21, 2014 03:02 |  #7

It's nice being full screen but maybe a slideshow of images vs one shot?

Yeh and navigation I guess could be confusing.

Gear: 5D mkiii x 2, 35 1.4 L, 16-35 L, 24-70 mkiiL, 70-200 L, Sigma Art 50 1.4
Wedding Photography Sydney (external link)
| Wedding Photography blog (external link) | Wedding photography Bowral (external link)

funkybuddha
THREAD ­ STARTER
976 posts
Joined May 2007

Feb 21, 2014 15:29 |  #8

Thanks guys. I've fixed the navigation and menus so it's easier now for mobile devices. I moved the "buried" menus to the main page now. As for the sliding side pane, it's a part of the template. The limitation is if I left it static (open all the time), the galleries, blog and pages don't automatically adjust themselves and conform to the new size. I'll look into getting a new template in the next few months.

Anyone recommend a good wordpress template to replace this one?

http://www.glencophoto​graphy.ca (external link)

scorpio_e
Cream of the Crop
7,402 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Aug 2007

Feb 22, 2014 06:46 |  #9

Zenfoilo really stepped up their templates. PHOTOCRATI and prophoto.

www.steelcityphotograp​hy.com (external link)

sponsored links

1,414 views & 0 likes for this thread
Updated website
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Weddings & Other Family Events Talk 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.