Happy New Year!
Well, it sounds i am returning back to my bad old habit, wasting or spending money on gear again, but this time i am thinking to see opinions/suggestions/advises that may help me on my decision, any help is welcome and i am not in rush.
First, the budget i am thinking to put is in the range of $2500-4000, i may add if i work harder, but sounds i don't want to work harder to ave more, so i keep this range.
so for above range budget, i was looking at those options to buy and ask you to guide/help me what do you think:
1. I bought TS-E 24mm II and i love it and still new, but even from first time i used it i was looking for much wider lens, and only 17mm TS is wider TS lens there, i love interior and outdoor architectures.
2. Buying Hasselblad HC 100mm f2.2 lens for my H4D, long time didn't invest on Hasselblad products, this is very expensive lens so i buy it and i save more then i will not buy something else for a while. The lens will be for portraits and some outdoor shots, but not a must lens
3. Hasselblad HTS 1.5 adapter, to use it more for architecture and some still life or products shots, but this adapter also very expensive and i can afford it alone without another items i am looking for.
4. Sigma 180mm f/2.8 OS, for macro or even products, this lens sounds a great for macro due to its working distance and OS and also f2.8, so myabe this lens could be a better choice over Canon 100mm 2.8L IS regardless of the IQ, sometimes i don't care much for highest IQ, this Sigma lens maybe not much far with IQ behind Canon ones if not in same class of quality.
5. I still thinking about a higher mp camera, with that range budget i have 3 cameras in my mind:
a. Canon 5D3
b. Nikon D800/D800E
c. Sony A7R
I am more into Sony or Nikon because they are above 30mp, while 5D3 is 22mp, i have 1Ds3 so for shooting landscapes i feel that 1Ds3 will not be any less than 5D3, i always use low ISO for landscapes in all times, if i will shoot landscapes at high ISO then i don't are about higher mp, so then i can go with 1DX.
6. Replacing my old gear if i sell them, such as: 5D classic, 1D bodies [1.3x only], 16-35mk1, 24-70mk1, 100 macro non L/IS, 580EX mk1, 1.4x mkII
7. Some lenses to increase my collection, such as Samyang/Rokinon 14mm, TSE 45 or 90mm, 24mm or 35mm primes,...etc, i can buy 2 lenses if cheap [2x $1000 each], or 1 lens [Up to $1500] with some other items above if also cheap within budget range
So with above, i can't decide which gear i will use more, i am looking for to focus on interior and architecture and products more, i keep shooting sports and i am done in that even i still dream about longer tele such as 400 2.8IS II.
I can use Hasselblad for landscape, but i don't have tilt shift option, and because i just bought TS lens for Canon so i was thinking to have a camera body with high mp to use this lens with it, unless i can buy HTS adapter for Hasselblad, but it will add 1.5x factor with any lens i use with it.
I will delay Astronomy gear for later, also long primes such as 400/500/600 for some sports or birding or wildlife, also 200-400 is in my wishlist and can't afford it yet, so i will just focus on landscapes/products/macro/still life things for now beside sports, maybe in the middle of this year or nearly end of this year i may have another budget for bigger spending, i will worry later about that, but for now, what do you think it is better to go with? The best way is that you put yourself in my place and having same my gear i currently have so with that budget what you will go with from the options i posted above.
Note: I can't travel because of my bad job and situations with family, so that i decided to waste money on gear to keep my mind going in life and photography.