Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
Thread started 21 Feb 2014 (Friday) 08:30
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Paypal Dispute

this thread is locked
HogansHeroes
Goldmember
2,001 posts
Gallery: 125 photos
Joined Oct 2010

Feb 21, 2014 08:30 |  #1

Has anyone gone through one for a item not as described complaint buying here?

"Twelve significant photographs in any one year is a good crop."
-Ansel Adams

sponsored links
thinkharder
442 posts
Joined Nov 2008

Feb 21, 2014 15:19 |  #2
bannedPermanent ban

The best thing to do is work with the buyer , save the ad pic and take a pic of the item you received from the buyer. keep all emailed from the buyer . If not resolved then contact paypal and send them all the info.

HogansHeroes
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
2,001 posts
Joined Oct 2010

Feb 21, 2014 16:06 |  #3

thinkharder wrote in post #16707158 (external link)
The best thing to do is work with the buyer , save the ad pic and take a pic of the item you received from the buyer. keep all emailed from the buyer . If not resolved then contact paypal and send them all the info.

Thanks I have everything documented,I was just wondering what the chances are of winning a dispute.

Never had a problem before here or in Ebay so its new to me.

-Ansel Adams

mine1
Goldmember
1,289 posts
Joined Jun 2012

Feb 21, 2014 16:34 |  #4

Pretty sure that paypal usually sides with the buyer. so as long as u can prove that it is not at all what was advertised I am sure u will get your money back.

http://www.flickr.com/​photos/81190407@N08/ (external link)
Canon 60d.Canon 18-135, 55-250 II, and 10-18 stm. and Benro C-1681t Travel Angel, with Sirui K20x head.

CAPhotog
334 posts
Joined May 2012

Feb 21, 2014 17:40 |  #5

Not related to this board, but I've had a couple and won both times. Whether eBay, merchant purchase, or direct sale, you have to go through their process including waiting during filing and response periods. It is not quick but I recall things get resolved within 30 days even if the other side drags it out. Follow up on everything ASAP to push the case through, don't wait to be notified or let your time run out. It is best if you have supporting ads, photos and e-mails showing misrepresentation that they can view directly or you can forward. They don't accept he-said or she-said claims you can't show. Also don't make it personal or mention giving bad feedback or a bad review against the other party, since they consider that coercive. Good luck.

Sirrith
Cream of the Crop
10,545 posts
Gallery: 50 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Nov 2010

Feb 21, 2014 19:02 |  #6

I've never had one go through all the way. I usually email the seller first if there is a problem, then if they ignore me or drag their feet I mention paypal dispute or start one depending on my mood and their attitude, and it gets resolved quickly from there.

-Tom
Flickr (external link)
F-Stop Guru review | RRS BH-40 review

maverick75
Cream of the Crop
5,707 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined May 2012

Feb 21, 2014 19:13 |  #7

I've won all my disputes both as a buyer and seller.

- Alex Corona Sony A7, Canon 7DM2/EOS M, Mamiya 645/67
Flickr (external link) - 500px (external link) - Website (external link)- Feedback -Feedback

HogansHeroes
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
2,001 posts
Joined Oct 2010

Feb 21, 2014 19:26 |  #8

OK,thanks folks.

-Ansel Adams

sponsored links

897 views & 0 likes for this thread
Paypal Dispute
FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.