Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EF and EF-S Lenses 
Thread started 23 Feb 2014 (Sunday) 13:27
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Refurbished Lens

dushea
31 posts
Joined Jan 2014

Feb 24, 2014 12:13 |  #16

jbrackjr wrote in post #16711287 (external link)
I was very happy with my refurb lens and now they even come with a one year warranty (prior it was just 90 days). So yes, its a good deal.

If you can wait, they occasionally have 10, 15 & 20% off sale which makes it an even better deal!

+1 on the warranty as well.

sponsored links
burb1972
126 posts
Joined Aug 2013

Feb 24, 2014 13:16 as a reply to  @ dushea's post |  #17

i bought about 3 cameras from loyalty program with probably draws from same stock, and they were all mint. Ive even seen as high as 40% i think once 50% off on refurb website, but its selected lenses.

mike parker
gear list 5dc, tamron 19-35, tamron 28-75, 50mm 1.8 mark 1, 28-70 3.5 canon(x2), 100 f/2 canon, 70-300 usm is, helios 44-2, vpk lens put into a m42 cap attached to a bellows, 430 ex

chopperdave
Goldmember
1,196 posts
Joined Sep 2008

Feb 24, 2014 18:15 |  #18

I have a refurb 100mm macro. Sharpest lens i own.

David
davidmoorephoto.com (external link)
More Than Pnup (external link)
I feel like I've gone back in time.

henryp
419 posts
Joined Jun 2004

Feb 28, 2014 12:00 |  #19

Waltdo wrote in post #16711131 (external link)
I have been looking at Canons website of refurbished lenses. Has anyone had a bad experience or regretted buying a refurbished lens and if so for what reason?

MY Nikon D5000 and two lenses were all bought as refurbs. Perfect condition and performance and as clean as new when i got them.

Henry Posner (external link)
B&H Photo-Video (external link)

marklori43
292 posts
Joined Apr 2008

Feb 28, 2014 12:07 as a reply to  @ henryp's post |  #20

I had a refurbished 40D, and did not have one issue. I currently am using a refurbished 7D, same, no issues. I have had refurbished 85mm USM, 100mm 2.8 Macro USM, etc and never had issues. They looked brand new, an have never seen one blemish.
It is well worth it especially when buying a refurbished camera using the loyalty program.:p

Nature Sniper
Canon 7D, Canon 5D Mark III, Canon 100-400mm 4.5-5.6 L IS USM, Canon EF 100mm 2.8 USM Macro, Canon EF-S 18-55mm, Canon EF 28mm 1.8 USM, Canon EF 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM, Kenko DG Extension Tubes, Manfrotto 055XPROB with 498RC2

cameraguy1972
101 posts
Joined Sep 2011

Mar 01, 2014 16:41 |  #21

5d mark II,7d, and 24-105 all refurbs with no problems!

kipliq
752 posts
Joined Oct 2010

Mar 01, 2014 21:14 as a reply to  @ cameraguy1972's post |  #22

I picked refurb 35L with 15%sale, found that it was made 4 months prior to me buying it. Brother friend works at Canon, lost of the refurb are new and comes with 1 year warranty now.

"Space Mountain may be the oldest ride in the park, but it has the longest line." - Ric Flair

silvex
Cream of the Crop
7,307 posts
Gallery: 19 photos
Joined Sep 2006

Mar 02, 2014 03:27 |  #23

Refurb is the way to go...is pretty much a new lens with a nice discount AND one year warranty.

-Ed
CPS Platinum Member.
Canon Gear
SilvexPhoto.comexternal link

Mike ­ -
31 posts
Joined Jan 2014

Mar 05, 2014 12:33 |  #24

I bought a refurbished 28-300L from Canon.
The lock ring would not lock the lens tubes from moving..!? I called and sent it in to be worked on. The lock ring was fixed AND...they did something to it because the pictures it produced were notably sharper than before I sent it in. I have a few shots out my back door that I use for this type of testing. Since I knew I was going to send this in for repair, I kept my test shots. Yep, sharper, more crisp pictures after.

The only thing I didn't like was their attitude both over the phone and in the paperwork that was returned with the lens.
No matter, the lens works properly now...!

Mike

sponsored links

3,110 views & 0 likes for this thread
Refurbished Lens
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EF and EF-S Lenses 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.