Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Glamour & Nude Talk 
Thread started 24 Feb 2014 (Monday) 12:56
Search threadPrev/next

what do you get when booking a MM and CL "'models"

Littlejon ­ Dsgn
Goldmember
3,266 posts
Joined Feb 2012

Feb 24, 2014 12:56 |  #1

Yup you guessed it .... no showes. Had my first set of no shows in over a year. Booked a MM model 2 weeks ago and a CL model last week for a on location snow shoot. The MM model was 38 and figured I was dealing with someone mature. The cl gal was early 20 and I had low hopes of her actually showing up, so scheduled them both at the same time. Well 10min after we were supposed to meet the the MM model texted said she had car trouble the night before and would not make it. Never got any response from CL model after several attempts to contact.

Upside the wife and I got a few runs in on the great snow before our afternoon model showd up. What I learned is even booking 2 new models in the same time slot is enough to make sure you have someone to shoot ..... think next time we will try to book a dozen or so and cross our fingers that at least one shows up lol

professorman
Goldmember
1,661 posts
Joined May 2009

Feb 24, 2014 14:57 |  #2

That's the nature of the business.... no-shows...

MyGear | Feedback | facebook (external link)|My Site (external link)|Flickr (external link)

sgtbueno
807 posts
Joined May 2012

Feb 25, 2014 16:21 |  #3

I never experienced any issues with mm or cl models, lucky so far.

Wedding Photography by Felix Bueno Photography (external link) -- Facebook (external link)
1x Canon 5DIII - 2X Canon 5D Mark II - Sigma 35 1.4 - Sigma 50 1.4 - Sigma 85 1.4 - Canon 85 1.2 - Canon 100L IS - Canon 135L F2 - Canon 16-35L II - Canon 70-200 2.8 II IS - 6X YN600EX-RT -Canon 580EX II X 2- Canon 430EX II X3- Yongnuo YN-565EX - and tons of Radio Poppers :)

Littlejon ­ Dsgn
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
3,266 posts
Joined Feb 2012

Feb 25, 2014 16:43 |  #4

sgtbueno wrote in post #16717179 (external link)
I never experienced any issues with mm or cl models, lucky so far.

Yup till this weekend I had only had one no show from CL and it was on a large all day shoot, we had like 8 models that day, and one brought along her sister who decided she would like to give modeling a try, so it all worked out. I have shot several CL "models" but this was the first MM "model" we tried. Now we have another MM model booked in 2 weeks and her comunication if amazing and we cant wait to have her on site.

mdvaden
Goldmember
3,150 posts
Gallery: 68 photos
Joined Mar 2009

Feb 26, 2014 09:43 |  #5

Littlejon Dsgn wrote in post #16713763 (external link)
Yup you guessed it .... no showes. Had my first set of no shows in over a year. Booked a MM model 2 weeks ago and a CL model last week for a on location snow shoot. The MM model was 38 and figured I was dealing with someone mature.

So far, I've had about 90% success from MM.

Craigslist I would not touch, nor need to.

How much vetting did you do in advance before scheduling, since MM has the option for you to message other photographers who may be listed in the model's photo credits.

And if they have no credits, look for others who do. Or ask who the photographers were.

There's some poor models on MM, but the site has some first-class models and photographers too.

vadenphotography.com (external link) . . . and . . . Coast Redwoods Main Page (external link)

Littlejon ­ Dsgn
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
3,266 posts
Joined Feb 2012

Feb 26, 2014 09:53 |  #6

mdvaden wrote in post #16719002 (external link)
So far, I've had about 90% success from MM.

Craigslist I would not touch, nor need to.

How much vetting did you do in advance before scheduling, since MM has the option for you to message other photographers who may be listed in the model's photo credits.

And if they have no credits, look for others who do. Or ask who the photographers were.

There's some poor models on MM, but the site has some first-class models and photographers too.

I did no vetting for the gal from CL as she was a week of addition and if she did not show it was no big deal, my wife did text with her Wednesday and Thursday before the Sunday shoot. The MM model I emailed with a few times, switched to texting then my wife talked several times on the phone with her, but I did not contact any other photographers. My thought was she is 38, which in my book is an adult and figured she had acted like one up to Friday, I had no reason to suspect she would all of a sudden become a flake.

We are in contact with another MM model for a shoot in two weeks and wow what a difference, this one has said she would come to the studio during the week prior to the shoot to try on clothing and prep for the shoot .... cant wait to meet her in person.

DisrupTer911
Goldmember
2,452 posts
Gallery: 4 photos
Joined Jul 2008

Mar 02, 2014 20:00 |  #7

I always book at least double from MM, usually if I need one I book 4 lol

www.vividemotionphotograph​y.comexternal link

mjklunk
Mostly Lurking
13 posts
Joined Dec 2006

Mar 19, 2014 14:52 |  #8

I used to have pretty good luck with MM years ago but so much the past few years. It has gotten to the point that if a model is a last second cancel or a no show then the first thing I do is go to my MM page and add those models' names and their MM ID's to my front page under my FLAKES list. I also go to their pages and post a tag stating I did not appreciate their nonprofessional behavior of not showing or even calling. I don't care how many times I may have worked with someone, one no-show-no-call will get you on the list. It probably doesn't phase them but it momentarily makes me feel a little better. Models need us more than we need them.

Littlejon ­ Dsgn
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
3,266 posts
Joined Feb 2012

Mar 19, 2014 14:58 |  #9

mjklunk wrote in post #16770834 (external link)
I used to have pretty good luck with MM years ago but so much the past few years. It has gotten to the point that if a model is a last second cancel or a no show then the first thing I do is go to my MM page and add those models' names and their MM ID's to my front page under my FLAKES list. I also go to their pages and post a tag stating I did not appreciate their nonprofessional behavior of not showing or even calling. I don't care how many times I may have worked with someone, one no-show-no-call will get you on the list. It probably doesn't phase them but it momentarily makes me feel a little better. Models need us more than we need them.

Thought about doing something like that but my wife said it would be unprofessional on my part :( I like the idea of a flake list on my front page.

jstsasha
308 posts
Joined Sep 2011

Apr 01, 2014 03:10 |  #10

I did not try to get anyone from MM, but did find couple on CL. but most success I get from "hitting" on waitresses and what not. just meet pretty girls and talk them into shooting:)

Professional Russian.
Canon 5d Mark III, Canon Rebel T3i, Canon 24-70 , Canon 70-200, Sigma 15-30, Canon 50mm
http://www.flickr.com/​photos/jstsasha/ (external link)

jscott5150
50 posts
Joined Jul 2011

Apr 14, 2014 14:09 |  #11

JUST curious as I am just starting out and tired of taking just pics of family and would like to try some model pics. I have no studio so not going to shot them at my place . What do you normally pay the models and if you do what type of release do you get, is there a generic release on the site

Littlejon ­ Dsgn
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
3,266 posts
Joined Feb 2012

Apr 14, 2014 14:13 |  #12

jscott5150 wrote in post #16833143 (external link)
JUST curious as I am just starting out and tired of taking just pics of family and would like to try some model pics. I have no studio so not going to shot them at my place . What do you normally pay the models and if you do what type of release do you get, is there a generic release on the site

I have yet to pay any model and dont plan to. I am trying to make money :) I will do TF shoots which the model gives their time and they in tern get photographs from me.

If I were to ever pay a model, the only thing they would get from me is the money, I would keep all photos and work the release to my advantage as much as I could.

3,261 views & 0 likes for this thread
what do you get when booking a MM and CL "'models"
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Glamour & Nude Talk 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.