Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos Presentation & Building Galleries 
Thread started 02 Mar 2014 (Sunday) 17:47
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Zenfolio HELP!

YankeeMom
Goldmember
3,115 posts
Gallery: 305 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined Oct 2008

Mar 02, 2014 17:47 |  #1

I am having a problem that SHOULD have a simple answer, but I can't fix it for my life. Hoping there are some Zenfolio experts on here because I am new to the site and find the "help" section to be woefully wanting.

The problem is, when people view my "Galleries" and, then, click on a photo to see a larger size, they are getting them in large LANDSCAPE sizes that only show PART of my photo. Here is an example.

IMAGE: http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2817/12891774843_9c400f3a31_c.jpg
IMAGE LINK: http://www.flickr.com/​photos/yankeemom/12891​774843/  (external link)

Of course, from MY (edit) view, they look normal. UGH!! Any tips? I have been all over the site to no avail. I've put a TON of work into this site, so hoping I'm just missing something obvious.

Thanks for any feedback!

Kristin
Mom to 11 ~ Still sane and rocking my Canon 5DMkII.
Calibrated with Spyder 4
Website (external link)
| Blog (external link) | Flickr (external link) | Facebook (external link) | 500px (external link) | Pinterest (external link) | Instagram (external link)

sponsored links
boufa
494 posts
Joined Dec 2005

Mar 02, 2014 23:47 |  #2

I looked at your page. I believe that since you are using a full screen layout, that it will stretch the image to fill the screen, if it is even close to horizontal. I changed a few of my pages to try it, and it did occur. Using that full screen layout is the cause and the only solution is to change to a different layout.

Canon EOS 7D & 40D | Σ 10-20mm Wigma | Σ 150-600mm | Σ 18-250mm Macro | Canon 18-135 STM | Canon 55-250 STM
Gallery/Website/Blog - TowPathPhoto (external link)
Social Media - - - on Flickr (external link) . . . on Twitter (external link)
Creator of @OhioBirdAlert (external link) on Twitter

YankeeMom
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
3,115 posts
Joined Oct 2008

Mar 03, 2014 11:14 |  #3

I guess I'm confused. I chose a grid layout for the web cover, but don't know how to change the actual gallaries that they are clicking on to view these pics. They are an external link to the (Zenfolio) site. I did, however, find out that if you click on the photo TWICE, you will get full-screen (correct) view instead of that Landscape, so that might be just a (poor) Zenfolio design for viewing. Bummer that it's like that, but at least it works. Thanks so much for looking and your feedback! Quite the learning experience! :)

Kristin
Calibrated with Spyder 4
Website (external link)
| Blog (external link) | Flickr (external link) | Facebook (external link) | 500px (external link) | Pinterest (external link) | Instagram (external link)

Lowner
"I'm the original idiot"
12,924 posts
Joined Jul 2007

Mar 03, 2014 11:19 |  #4

Kristin,

Zenfolio are in my experience very helpful. Why not ask them what you should do?

Richard

http://rcb4344.zenfoli​o.com (external link)

YankeeMom
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
3,115 posts
Joined Oct 2008

Mar 03, 2014 14:51 |  #5

I am still learning to navigate their site (not the most intuitive thing I've been on.) The only help I've seen (besides FAQ,) has been a paid site. I'm sure there is more -- but figured it wouldn't hurt to ask lay people who have experience with it.

Kristin
Calibrated with Spyder 4
Website (external link)

undcover
162 posts
Joined Aug 2008

Mar 03, 2014 15:58 |  #6

boufa is correct. Your photo pages are configured to show full screen. With Zenfolio, you can customize the homepage, galleries page and photo page to have separate looks from one another.

While logged in, navigate to any photo page and choose Customize Visitor View from the MyZenfolio menu on upper right hand corner. Then you can change the layout of the photo page. You may want to save it as a default so all the other photo pages can be viewed the same way.

SOS Photography
http://www.sos-photography.net (external link)

boufa
494 posts
Joined Dec 2005

Mar 03, 2014 17:10 as a reply to  @ undcover's post |  #7

I think where the issue is that if you click on "customize visitor view" and then you can see the Layout section on the top menu bar. There you can pick a different layout that will give you more of what you want.

I have never seen anything about PAY support on zenfolio. DON'T DO IT! There is a community forum that will be very willing to help, as well as email support.

Feel free to check out my site, and see what I have done, maybe if it is what you want, I could share the settings with you.

Canon EOS 7D & 40D | Σ 10-20mm Wigma | Σ 150-600mm | Σ 18-250mm Macro | Canon 18-135 STM | Canon 55-250 STM
Gallery/Website/Blog - TowPathPhoto (external link)
Social Media - - - on Flickr (external link) . . . on Twitter (external link)
Creator of @OhioBirdAlert (external link) on Twitter

YankeeMom
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
3,115 posts
Joined Oct 2008

Mar 03, 2014 17:43 |  #8

YES! That is exactly what I needed to do, undcover. Thank you so much. I was going in and trying to change it right within the photographs -- and then in the main layout option. I see exactly what I was doing wrong now. Thank you all so much -- and thanks, boufa, I'll look at your site and keep you in mind. You all are great. :)

Kristin
Calibrated with Spyder 4
Website (external link)

sponsored links

1,209 views & 0 likes for this thread
Zenfolio HELP!
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos Presentation & Building Galleries 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.