Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS General Gear Talk Flash and Studio Lighting 
Thread started 09 Mar 2014 (Sunday) 16:52
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Which Yongnuo flash with ETTL for 5d mark iii?

weeatmice
763 posts
Joined Oct 2009

Mar 09, 2014 16:52 |  #1

Hello

As the title asks. I used the 468 on the 5D2 with an ETTL cable for Macro (like this (external link) though the image shows a 1D).

Anyone know which Yongnuo flash with TTL is suitable for this on a 5D Mark 3? Corded or mounted to the Mark 3, the 468 doesnt fire in M mode, and in TTL it seems to meter a set low amount and is useless.

I'm guessing the 565EX would work, but it is bigger than I need, is there another?

Regards
Matt

FS: UK: 1D Mark IV.
Twopixel.co.uk (external link) | 500px (external link) | flickr (external link) | Twitter (external link) | Pinterest (external link) |

sponsored links
BrickR
Cream of the Crop
5,935 posts
Joined Mar 2011

Mar 09, 2014 18:27 |  #2

YN500ex is about the size of a 460ii (a tad wider but the same length) and is smaller than a 565 and even a 560.

My junk
The grass isn't greener on the other side, it's green where you water it.

Evan ­ Idler
Goldmember
1,600 posts
Joined May 2005

Mar 09, 2014 22:20 |  #3

If you're not in a big hurry, you could wait for the new YN-600-ex-rt (external link) to come out, and see how it works.

--Evan

Canon5DIII + Some L + Some non L + Some Sigma + Some Tamron + other stuff....
Patiently awaiting a winning Lottery Ticket to afford all the toys I would really like :-P

shankarhokie
Goldmember
1,894 posts
Joined Apr 2010

Mar 10, 2014 08:46 as a reply to  @ Evan Idler's post |  #4

I use the YN568EXII with HSS & ETTL with my 5DMKIII, but it is big

http://www.amazon.com …ohs_product?ie=​UTF8&psc=1 (external link)

Shankar
Perpetual learner.
FLICKR (external link) -- Gear-- Facebook (external link)

weeatmice
THREAD ­ STARTER
763 posts
Joined Oct 2009

Mar 10, 2014 19:20 |  #5

Thanks for the info folks.

I've ordered a YN500ex as the size looks ideal. I will post thoughts after testing it out.

FS: UK: 1D Mark IV.
Twopixel.co.uk (external link) | 500px (external link) | flickr (external link) | Twitter (external link) | Pinterest (external link) |

drvnbysound
Goldmember
3,316 posts
Joined Aug 2009

Mar 10, 2014 19:21 |  #6

I see that the OP has already ordered, but +1 for this...

Evan Idler wrote in post #16746917 (external link)
If you're not in a big hurry, you could wait for the new YN-600-ex-rt (external link) to come out, and see how it works.

--Evan

I use manual exposure settings on the copy machine
..::Gear Listing::.. --==Feedback==--
...A few umbrella brackets I own...

sponsored links

1,131 views & 0 likes for this thread
Which Yongnuo flash with ETTL for 5d mark iii?
FORUMS General Gear Talk Flash and Studio Lighting 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.