Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment People 
Thread started 08 Mar 2014 (Saturday) 19:22
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Sisters

Deemac
293 posts
Joined Mar 2008

Mar 08, 2014 19:22 |  #1

A recent shoot with sisters Shauna & Keira in the studio while on a one-on-one tutorial session. This image stood out for me from the shoot. C&C most welcome.

#1.

PHOTOBUCKET EMBEDDING IS DISABLED BY THIS MEMBER.
Photobucket sends ads instead of embedding photos from their free galleries.
Click the link (if available) below to see the image in a gallery page.

http://i254.photobucke​t.com …pp3copySm_zpse5​d7088c.jpg (external link)

sponsored links
PhilF
Cream of the Crop
5,737 posts
Joined Jan 2010

Mar 08, 2014 19:51 |  #2

the eyes are overdone sharpening in photoshop

http://philfernandezph​otography.com (external link)
http://www.philfashion​photography.com (external link)
https://www.instagram.​com/philfernimagery/ (external link)
https://www.facebook.c​om/philfphotography (external link)

NewCreation
Goldmember
3,216 posts
Gallery: 47 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Jan 2013

Mar 08, 2014 19:57 as a reply to  @ PhilF's post |  #3

I really like it and I'm nota b&w fan, but it works well here.

My name is Brenda ~Saved by grace, walking by faith
http://brendahoffmanph​otography.com (external link)
Facebook (external link)

RMH
Goldmember
1,000 posts
Joined Jan 2011

Mar 08, 2014 20:20 |  #4

PhilF wrote in post #16744341 (external link)
the eyes are overdone sharpening in photoshop

That was what I first noticed too. mouth on the left seems over sharpened too and theres the odd lines around edges of skin in some places - either over sharpened or could just be from the resize for web.

couple of other things; i'd clone out the contact lens edge lines of the girl on the left

and theres something a bit odd looking about the DoF, but I'm not sure quite what it is though.... did you selectively blur parts? seems like it drops off too quickly given the depth needed to get all 4 eyes in focus

those comments aside, I think its a really strong image and I like it, but the post isn't quite up to your normal high standards

All the stuff I've owned at one time or another

JeremyBlake
531 posts
Joined Aug 2012

Mar 08, 2014 20:57 |  #5

Skin is way too softened for my taste. Lighting is good, though.

flickr (external link) | 500px (external link) | Gear | Facebook (external link) | Feedback

TJays
Goldmember
1,314 posts
Joined Mar 2013

Mar 09, 2014 10:24 |  #6

Great pose.

Regards
Terri Jean

5D4 Gripped-EOS 1DX Markll -600mm/4.0 II L-35-350mm/3.5 L-70-200/2.8 L-24-70mm/2.8 L-85mm/1.2 II L-50mm/1.2 L

SoCalTiger
Goldmember
1,748 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Jul 2012

Mar 09, 2014 11:40 |  #7

Way too much skin smoothing and eyes are oversharpened in comparison IMO. Could otherwise be a good picture if you just reprocessed.

Laurence (external link) :: 6D + Lens

Deemac
THREAD ­ STARTER
293 posts
Joined Mar 2008

Mar 09, 2014 15:09 |  #8

RMH wrote in post #16744389 (external link)
That was what I first noticed too. mouth on the left seems over sharpened too and theres the odd lines around edges of skin in some places - either over sharpened or could just be from the resize for web.

couple of other things; i'd clone out the contact lens edge lines of the girl on the left

and theres something a bit odd looking about the DoF, but I'm not sure quite what it is though.... did you selectively blur parts? seems like it drops off too quickly given the depth needed to get all 4 eyes in focus

those comments aside, I think its a really strong image and I like it, but the post isn't quite up to your normal high standards

Thanks, your spot on. I'll admit this image was my first stab at playing with Portrait Professional version 12 (And I got a little carried away!) This was shot at f2.2 so all the DOF is as shot. I'll re-process this image again.

RMH
Goldmember
1,000 posts
Joined Jan 2011

Mar 09, 2014 18:10 |  #9

I was wondering about that. have a look at tour original and see if she has them or not. I've seen portrait professional add them. I forget which slider it is. it might be just the skin overbluring and eye oversharpening that makes the dot look odd

you can get some great results with portrait pro, but its easy to over do it

All the stuff I've owned at one time or another

watt100
Cream of the Crop
14,021 posts
Joined Jun 2008

Mar 11, 2014 07:02 |  #10

skin seems way over smooth

Jason ­ Howell
35 posts
Joined Sep 2009

Mar 11, 2014 10:21 |  #11

nice pose and composition. I personally suggest taking down much of that blur effect.

Deemac
THREAD ­ STARTER
293 posts
Joined Mar 2008

Mar 11, 2014 16:07 |  #12

Jason Howell wrote in post #16750492 (external link)
nice pose and composition. I personally suggest taking down much of that blur effect.

Thanks, this was shot at f2.2 in a continuous lighting set up using the modelling lamps of the stobes only (ie no flash) so no blur has been applied to the shot. (just natural and intentional narrow depth of field which I love the look of). Its a high risk strategy particularly with two models as getting both sets of eyes in focus is difficult (and in this shot I failed!) I freely admin that I've gone too far with post processing with portrait professional as mentioned above.

mjcarson
265 posts
Joined Apr 2009

Mar 11, 2014 21:57 |  #13

nice idea, nice lighting, but as other have said, just a bit too processed (eyes and skin) for me.

Matt
Stellarvue 90mm Fluorite, AstroTech 111mm and 72mm, Celestron CPS 1100, Losmandy GM-8, Olympus EM1.2, Modified Olympus EM5.2 and Olympus Pen F. Obviously more gear than talent.

grayline
247 posts
Joined Dec 2013

Mar 11, 2014 22:05 |  #14

It seems the Eyes are over clear? the focus or draw is on their eyes Kinda weird

Gear List :EOS 70D ,Sigma 50mm 1.4,Tamron 18-270, Canon 18-55,Canon HFM31,Canon SX280HS,Olympus E-10 ,

tomtomadv
22 posts
Joined Mar 2014

Mar 11, 2014 23:55 |  #15

The girl on the right.
Her skin is not natural. you can see the over smooth at her chin

HD Wallpaper list (external link) make your desktop look stunning

sponsored links

4,068 views & 0 likes for this thread
Sisters
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment People 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.