Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 13 Mar 2014 (Thursday) 23:52
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

I was asked to use a 6D

TeamSpeed
01010100 01010011
36,868 posts
Gallery: 111 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined May 2002

Mar 14, 2014 19:51 |  #61

I don't know, $2000 for a 6D and a 24-105L new from B&H is a pretty snazzy deal. http://www.bhphotovide​o.com …OS_6D_Digital_C​amera.html (external link)

The 6D via Canon refurb CPL would still run around $1450 in this state anyways, and picking up a used 24-105L from the boards in like new condition would be around $640, putting this B&H deal over those options.

Past Equipment | My Personal Gallery (external link) My Business Gallery (external link)
For Sale: 2x Teleconverter
For Sale: Sigma USB Dock

sponsored links
Bakewell
Goldmember
1,385 posts
Joined Jan 2006

Mar 15, 2014 08:31 |  #62
bannedPermanent ban

TeamSpeed wrote in post #16759357 (external link)
I addressed that in my other reply. I don't understand those replies either.

Of course the "cute" posters that made those negative replies have gone into hiding. It's a shame they won't stay there.

Dave

Bakewell
Goldmember
1,385 posts
Joined Jan 2006

Mar 15, 2014 08:45 as a reply to  @ Bakewell's post |  #63
bannedPermanent ban

We should try to understand what's happening here. These "cute" comments weren't aimed at RWK. These people could care less about him (nothing unusual there). In reality, these comments were aimed at the 6D which is typical of this group.

Dave

EOS-Mike
Goldmember
1,033 posts
Gallery: 30 photos
Joined Oct 2013

Mar 15, 2014 08:49 |  #64

I don't blame you for wanting a 6D. I bought mine a couple months ago and can't imagine I will ever regret it. I had the Rebel XS, the EOS M, the T2i and the 50D. All were excellent cameras, but the 6D is heaps better. My pictures are coming out sharper than ever and with a more realistic look.

It doesn't perform better than the T2i I owned, but since I don't shoot sports or birds in flight, etc. it doesn't matter.

Get yourself one. Heck, get yourself a 5D classic first. You'll be amazed at how pleasing full frame is.

Sony A7 III and some lenses

EOS-Mike
Goldmember
1,033 posts
Joined Oct 2013

Mar 15, 2014 08:57 |  #65

Hogloff wrote in post #16757754 (external link)
Yep...drank that purple cool-aid.

Flavor-Aid. They mostly drank Flavor-Aid. Little known fact. ;)

RWK
THREAD ­ STARTER
207 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Feb 2006

Mar 15, 2014 09:55 as a reply to  @ EOS-Mike's post |  #66

While at LegoLand, I noticed a lot of people are carrying Nikons. Yesterday at DisneyLand, I noticed 1 Nikon & tons of Canons. The pinch lens caps look cool, I'm still running around with the old style.

Rebel T4i 18-55 IS Kit Lens :cool:
Rebel XT Kit Lens
EF-S 17-85
EF 50 1.8
EF 70-300
EF-S 18-135 STM

MakisM1
Cream of the Crop
5,570 posts
Gallery: 20 photos
Joined Dec 2011

Mar 15, 2014 10:20 |  #67

A week ago I got Sensei pinch style caps for all my lenses that didn't have pinch style caps. Got them the day before, they fit fine. B&H did not have Canon ones in the sizes I needed...

Gerry
Canon 5D MkIII/Canon 60D/Canon EF-S 18-200/Canon EF 24-70L USM II/Canon EF 70-200L 2.8 USM II/Canon EF 50 f1.8 II/Σ 8-16/ 430 EXII
OS: Linux Ubuntu/PostProcessing: Darktable/Image Processing: GIMP

1Tanker
Goldmember
4,470 posts
Joined Jan 2011

Mar 15, 2014 11:22 |  #68

Bakewell wrote in post #16760215 (external link)
We should try to understand what's happening here. These "cute" comments weren't aimed at RWK. These people could care less about him (nothing unusual there). In reality, these comments were aimed at the 6D which is typical of this group.

Since you seem to be talking about my comments, i'll address you.

This has nothing to do with the 6D.
I have no problems with the 6D. In fact, i've been watching the 6D/24-105 deals these past 2 weeks, and would love to get one... but can't afford the needed change from my EF-s to EF lenses.
And no.. i'm not jealous of the OP.

What kind of bothered me about the post, actually, was that the OP said he loves this camera... after taking but 1 shot. Sounds very melodramatic to me, like something a 13 year old girl would post on FB.

Maybe if they OP had worded it differently, i would have reacted differently, in fact i'm sure i would have.

Now, i know i'm a sh*t-disturber on here a lot, but as i see it.. you are more so.

So, loosen the wad in your panties, and move on.

Kel
Gear

mickeyb105
Goldmember
2,537 posts
Gallery: 397 photos
Joined Dec 2011

Mar 15, 2014 11:29 |  #69

RWK wrote in post #16760319 (external link)
While at LegoLand, I noticed a lot of people are carrying Nikons. Yesterday at DisneyLand, I noticed 1 Nikon & tons of Canons..

Across the country here at Disney World, I saw a lot of Nikons--but that didn't shock me. (Unrelated, but all the WDW photographers used Nikon gear)

What did shock me were all the Sony a3x and a5x series cameras I saw, which maybe made up roughly 15% of the dslr bodies I saw over three days on property. Nikon represented about 25% with the odd Pentax thrown in. The rest were Canon, mostly Rebel series with a XXD or XD series thrown in (with no 1D series),

Sony A99ii, RX-100ii, Sonnar T* 135mm f1.8 ZA, Planar T* 50mm F1.4 ZA, 24mm f/2 SSM Distagon T*, Minolta HS 200 2.8 APO, Minolta 2xTC APO, HVL-F43M
Flickr (external link)

RWK
THREAD ­ STARTER
207 posts
Joined Feb 2006

Mar 15, 2014 11:52 as a reply to  @ mickeyb105's post |  #70

I'm already around $5,000 for this trip. When the time comes to switch to FF, I know new lens are needed. Probably need at least 2 lens to start, for what I like to do. Driven by Samy's Camera twice so far, tempted to go in & look. I can even rent, if I wanted to.

Rebel XT Kit Lens
EF-S 17-85
EF 50 1.8
EF 70-300
EF-S 18-135 STM

EOS-Mike
Goldmember
1,033 posts
Joined Oct 2013

Mar 15, 2014 12:11 |  #71

1Tanker wrote in post #16760466 (external link)
What kind of bothered me about the post, actually, was that the OP said he loves this camera... after taking but 1 shot. Sounds very melodramatic to me, like something a 13 year old girl would post on Facebook.

Except that she would post it on Instagram instead, because now her mom and all her friends' moms are on Facebook.

Facebook: it IS your father's Oldsmobile. ;)

RWK
THREAD ­ STARTER
207 posts
Joined Feb 2006

Mar 15, 2014 12:23 |  #72

LOL. I'll have to check out Instagram. Never been there. My kids talk about it all the time. Cameras are just like everything else. Always changing & updating. There will be tons of advancements in cameras, before I'm ready to replace my T4i.

I've had my iPhone almost 2 years now. So just started texting 2 years ago. I'll check out Instagram next.

I tend to keep things & use them for awhile. I'm not out to upgrade & replace everytime something comes out.

Used my XT for years.

My car is 22 years old & 317,000 miles.

I'll use my T4i for a few more years. I'm sure the 6D will be replaced & updated many times over by then.

EOS-Mike wrote in post #16760538 (external link)
Except that she would post it on Instagram instead, because now her mom and all her friends' moms are on Facebook.

Facebook: it IS your father's Oldsmobile. ;)

Rebel XT Kit Lens
EF-S 17-85
EF 50 1.8
EF 70-300
EF-S 18-135 STM

RayinAlaska
425 posts
Gallery: 11 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined Sep 2013

Mar 15, 2014 13:19 |  #73

1Tanker wrote in post #16760466 (external link)
Since you seem to be talking about my comments, i'll address you.

This has nothing to do with the 6D.
I have no problems with the 6D. In fact, i've been watching the 6D/24-105 deals these past 2 weeks, and would love to get one... but can't afford the needed change from my EF-s to EF lenses.
And no.. i'm not jealous of the OP.

What kind of bothered me about the post, actually, was that the OP said he loves this camera... after taking but 1 shot. Sounds very melodramatic to me, like something a 13 year old girl would post on FB.

Maybe if they OP had worded it differently, i would have reacted differently, in fact i'm sure i would have.

Now, i know i'm a sh*t-disturber on here a lot, but as i see it.. you are more so.

So, loosen the wad in your panties, and move on.

Love at the first click? Why not?:D

MalVeauX
"Looks rough and well used"
13,263 posts
Gallery: 1678 photos
Best ofs: 4
Joined Feb 2013

Mar 15, 2014 13:32 |  #74

Heya,

Speaking of all the sightings, when I go out, I almost always see Nikon shooters. I was at La Chua trail the other day and finally saw an obvious Canon shooter as they had a big whine lens, but clearly had no clue what to do with it as they were not taking photos of all the birds/gators, but rather just carrying it. Other than that, when I'm in my tyipcal spot (Cedar Key) the tourists and locals always seem to have Nikon or Sony. I can't really even remember last time I saw any Canon folk. Not that it actually matters at all, just thought about it when everyone brought it up.

RWK wrote in post #16760559 (external link)
LOL. I'll have to check out Instagram. Never been there. My kids talk about it all the time. Cameras are just like everything else. Always changing & updating. There will be tons of advancements in cameras, before I'm ready to replace my T4i.

I've had my iPhone almost 2 years now. So just started texting 2 years ago. I'll check out Instagram next.

I tend to keep things & use them for awhile. I'm not out to upgrade & replace everytime something comes out.

Used my XT for years.

My car is 22 years old & 317,000 miles.

I'll use my T4i for a few more years. I'm sure the 6D will be replaced & updated many times over by then.

Huge respect for keeping a vehicle that long. My jeep is 20 years old this year and about 211k miles. Still going. It's amazing not having a car payment. Goes towards so many other things.

This kind of goes hand in hand with cameras/lenses. You're right that the 6D will be replaced and updated. The next few years are actually going to be significant for dSLR, since not much has truly changed in the past 10 years (sure things have changed, but not a massive leap actually). Now there's a whole new market to fight against, sales going down, they have to do something to really keep it up. So I imagine they will finally release something they have sitting for a rainy day.

That said, there are reasons to upgrade from the T4i, even if quality isn't a big difference. I for one am ready to get a second camera strictly to have MFA built in. It's actually quite important to me these days. Also, some limited weather resistance. Those two features are really starting to get my attention after playing with different cameras and options. As much as I want better ISO performance, those three things together really are making me move towards a camera purchase soon. The beauty is, it's always great to have a backup camera!

Very best,

My Flickr (external link) :: My Astrobin (external link)

Scrumhalf
Cream of the Crop
6,427 posts
Gallery: 61 photos
Joined Jul 2012

Mar 15, 2014 13:38 |  #75

Exact opposite experience for me. Where I am, Canon shooters outnumber Nikonians 5 to 1.

Sam
5D4 | 6D | 7D2 (2 bodies) | Reasonably good glass
Gear List

If I don't get the shots I want with the gear I have, the only optics I need to examine is the mirror on the bathroom wall. The root cause will be there.

sponsored links

8,207 views & 0 likes for this thread
I was asked to use a 6D
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.