Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Macro Talk 
Thread started 15 Mar 2014 (Saturday) 08:47
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Hy..i`m that bad?

zeussbdc
134 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Mar 2011

Mar 15, 2014 08:47 |  #1

Hy..i don`t know how to start ....but better if i start ..well My name is daniel , and i like macro photography.My gear now it is a Canon 50D Canon 100mm iS USM external flash (stil tryin to find the best diffuser for me).I don`t know why but i just think after 2 years of macro photography that i kind of suck..i will post my flickr page if any of you are interested to look and give me a straight oppinion i don`t care if u say i`m bad ..The thing is that in my perspectiv i don`t see the artistic macro picture..when i take a picture i take 20 shots to 1 subject and i still don`t get the right one.I hate to read..but recently i start doing that to get a better ideea on how to take a picture to get better results.Still nothing ..I really think to quit the photography even i`m addicted.I really need some tips tutorials..anything that can help me improve my picture.I still got problems with my light..i still don`t get that great light even if i try many times home to get some good results..Still nothing.Then i think my editing is quite bad ..i quess i exagerate with colors and other stuff.

So if any of you can help me with anything ..advice..critics on my picture..or if someone live in london and it is able to meet me some times to practice.. i will be more then greatful.

This is my flickr page https://www.flickr.com​/photos/40341496@N02/ (external link)

I`m not advertise my page.I just need your advise..should i quit or should i go and practice more and more.

Thank you,Good luck to all of you

Canon EOS 50D
Tamron 17-50 F2.8, Canon 100mm IS USM,

sponsored links
alencr
734 posts
Joined Jul 2013

Mar 15, 2014 14:35 |  #2

First of all, you're not bad at all.
Don't feel bad about yourself when you are doing good.
Go out and shoot whenever you have the time.
The only thing left is to make a diffuser for your flash because the light is a bit harsh.
Other than that you're OK. You even have real macro rig unlike me. I just reverse my cheap Zuiko. But even that is enough. Just practise practise and practise. And enjoy too. Not practise practise practise die from exhaustion. Practise and enjoy!!

Saving up for a new camera.
my Flickr (external link)

zeussbdc
THREAD ­ STARTER
134 posts
Joined Mar 2011

Mar 15, 2014 15:26 as a reply to  @ alencr's post |  #3

Thank you.Yes i really try to make a good diffuser but i really don`t get it how :) i did try many way`s.Hope i get this diffuser soon.Thank you for your kind comment.

Canon EOS 50D

alencr
734 posts
Joined Jul 2013

Mar 15, 2014 16:18 |  #4

You're welcome.

Saving up for a new camera.
my Flickr (external link)

popsandme
801 posts
Joined Jun 2011

Mar 16, 2014 04:03 |  #5

Dont beat yourself up, your pics are great, way better than mine lololol.

https://www.flickr.com​/photos/61913132@N07/ (external link)

zeussbdc
THREAD ­ STARTER
134 posts
Joined Mar 2011

Mar 17, 2014 05:55 as a reply to  @ popsandme's post |  #6

Thank you.
Mean alot to me.

Canon EOS 50D

JasonMK
Goldmember
1,377 posts
Gallery: 75 photos
Joined Jan 2011

Mar 17, 2014 06:11 |  #7

Macro is a skill, just like any other area of photography. I know what has worked for me was to find a photo that I really liked and then tried to replicate it. This might not be the most creative process, but it has helped me nail down some of the technical steps needed to be able to take better shots. Not that I am saying mine are great, but I'm enjoying what I have been able to do.

If you see a few macro photos that you do like, post a link here and maybe some of us can help walk you through some steps needed to create that shot and then go give it a try. But, as has been said, you aren't as bad as you may have thought. Keep shooting.

-JasonMK on Flickr (external link)
1Ds Mark III | 650D | EF 17~40mm 4L | EF-S 18~135 STM | EF 50mm 1.4 | EF 100mm 2.8 USM Macro | Tamron 70~300mm 4.0-5.6 Di VC USD XLD | 430 EX III | 430 EX II | Lowepro SlingShot 100 AW | EF 25 II | PS CC | LR CC

zeussbdc
THREAD ­ STARTER
134 posts
Joined Mar 2011

Mar 17, 2014 06:24 as a reply to  @ JasonMK's post |  #8

Jason i really appreciate what your say`n ..i quess it was just a bad day for me .. taking shoots for 2-3 h and the result was ..let`s say BAD ..so i was disappointed and i might over react..anyway ..when ppl tell you..that your not that bad you stay and think maybe is just your oppinion ..so now i try to do what ppl told me to do ..and i will come back with a new attitude :) hope my new photos will be more creative and inspired.

i see lot`s of pictures on 500px that are stuning , and i keep asking my self how the hell they did that ..even i know they got expensive equipments ..and studious..and they kind of make manipulation .. and maybe that why i think i`m bad.But now thx to you guyz i realize that it`s just my brain that is playin with me.So like i say`d i will come back with better result`s i hope :)

Thank you guyz again.Good luck to all of you

Canon EOS 50D

shanehawley
89 posts
Joined Nov 2013

Mar 17, 2014 07:39 |  #9

these are great, almost makes me wonder if you are just starving for attention because a lot of your pictures are fantastic, macro isnt an easy thing to do

zeussbdc
THREAD ­ STARTER
134 posts
Joined Mar 2011

Mar 17, 2014 08:35 as a reply to  @ shanehawley's post |  #10

I can assure you that i was verry serious about what i say`d ..i`m not looking for advertise.If u will look on my flickr page i didn` post for a long long time.It is a great feeling when your picture are appreciated but not when you force ppl to like it.I`m not like that.
First of all i must like my own shots and i`m happy .. the thing is i don`t like my last couple of shots and that why i posted here.If i did a bad thing i`m sorry and i promise i wont sk for help again.

Thank you, daniel

Canon EOS 50D

Arutemu
Goldmember
2,791 posts
Gallery: 141 photos
Best ofs: 5
Joined Feb 2011

Mar 17, 2014 11:02 |  #11

If my Macro shots were half as "bad" as yours, I would consider myself lucky.

住めば/external linkFlickrexternal link
GEAR / FEEDBACK

zeussbdc
THREAD ­ STARTER
134 posts
Joined Mar 2011

Mar 17, 2014 11:49 as a reply to  @ Arutemu's post |  #12

Well like i say`d maybe it`s just me ..Anyway when i look at your pictures they look stuning :) so maybe it`s just our brain playin with us :).

Thank you alot for your kind comment.8-)

Canon EOS 50D

DQE
168 posts
Joined Sep 2006

Mar 17, 2014 12:37 |  #13

I enjoyed your flickr page very much - your photos also made me really long for spring and the return of the bug season to my location in northern New England (USA) - it's "only" about 2 months away!

From comments others have made, and based on my own experiences, field macro bug photography has a yield rate of something like 5%. That is, about 1/20 of the photos I take are good enough to keep for my own enjoyment and reference. An even smaller fraction is technically or aesthetically good enough to show others. Apparently, some very talented people are able to create spectacular or almost spectacular macro bug photos daily - I don't have a clue how they do that, other than to accept that great talent in macro photography, as with most other skills, is a rare gift.

Please post your photos - I personally found most of your to be quite enjoyable.

--Phil
Canon gear: 5D MkII, 5D, MPE-65, 100 mm 2.8 macro, 85 mm f1.2 L, 16-35 mm f2.8, 24-105 mm L, MT-24, MR-14; 550EX flash (2 units); Gitzo 2548 tripod; Gitzo monopod; Acratech Ultimate Ballhead; Manfrotto 410 geared tripod head; Cognisys StackShot rail & controller

zeussbdc
THREAD ­ STARTER
134 posts
Joined Mar 2011

Mar 17, 2014 13:09 as a reply to  @ DQE's post |  #14

Hy Phil.

Thank you for your kind comment, it`s really nice to see your not bad as you think ;)..

and regardin the post of my pictures ..i post them at the moment only on my facebook page (i was really mad on my last shot`s).Anyway thank you, and if you will like to see my pictures i tell me and i will send you my facebook page.

Thank you, Daniel

Canon EOS 50D

JJD.Photography
Goldmember
1,423 posts
Joined Apr 2005

Mar 17, 2014 13:19 |  #15

Very nice looking photostream!

His And Her Photographs (external link)
flickr (external link)

sponsored links

4,397 views & 0 likes for this thread
Hy..i`m that bad?
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Macro Talk 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.