Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Glamour & Nude Talk 
Thread started 04 Aug 2011 (Thursday) 23:51
Search threadPrev/next

Married and shooting models

hawk911
Cream of the Crop
11,267 posts
Joined Jul 2006

Feb 17, 2014 07:14 |  #136

plain and simple she doesn't trust You completely .

HAWK Photography Gallery (external link) FB Fan page (external link)|_My gear: 5d3, 70D & 40D (all gripped), 580exII, 550ex, Canon 24-70 L & 85 f1.8, 50mm f1.4; Tamron 70-200 SP Di VC, Canon 18-55, Sigma 1.4xtc; Elinchrom Whore, Skyport triggers, Speedotron BD and Kacey Grid, Vagabond minis

Scoody
32 posts
Joined Apr 2011

Feb 17, 2014 09:17 |  #137

My ex-wife was a ****. Not just any ****, she won the Texas State **** Championship. She moved on to become the Southwestern United States Champion ****. She fell short at the Nationals. There was bo way I could shoot models married to that harpy. My current wife is a sweetheart and enjoys being my assistant.

Northwoods ­ Bill
Goldmember
1,145 posts
Gallery: 9 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Jun 2012

Feb 21, 2014 20:08 |  #138

Scoody wrote in post #16695963 (external link)
My ex-wife was a ****. Not just any ****, she won the Texas State **** Championship. She moved on to become the Southwestern United States Champion ****. She fell short at the Nationals. There was bo way I could shoot models married to that harpy. My current wife is a sweetheart and enjoys being my assistant.

Yeah that was something the day my wife edged your Ex out at nationals :evil: Boy is she proud of that title.

I gave up shooting G&N earlier this year when she told me I could choose between this type of shooting and her. If it was just her I wouldn't have had to think twice. The reason I actually gave it up is we have a 12 year old son and there is no way in hell I would risk her getting custody. Oh well, 6 more years to go.

Bill R
Web:https://www.flickr.com​/photos/whitebirch/ (external link)

the ­ flying ­ moose
Goldmember
1,639 posts
Joined Dec 2006

Mar 03, 2014 23:39 |  #139

I feel for some of you guys. I've had friends where their wives/girlfriends have been jealous like that and made them choose between them or their job/hobby.

My fiancee is fine with the shoots I assist on that have nude or half nude women. She knows I am not a creeper. I told her straight up that just because there might be hot models doesn't mean I am going to jeopardize a lifetime with her over a couple hours of banging some model. Besides, 99.9% of the time I am not thinking "nice rack or butt", its more like "damn, this light is heavy" or "I hope I don't fall" as I am balancing with one foot on a chair and the other on a shelf trying to get the perfect angle.

Northwoods ­ Bill
Goldmember
1,145 posts
Joined Jun 2012

Mar 04, 2014 05:31 |  #140

I have tried to explain many times that while in a shoot like that (or any kind for that matter) I am constantly checking and rechecking lighting, camera settings, focus, etc. Even in post it is all about how Is the exposure, the background, the skin etc.

What makes this even a bit funnier is I am in my 40's, half bald, and in shape (but only because round is a shape)!!! I can't tell you the number of times I have needed to lean on something to get back off the floor during a shoot, sweaty, shirt half untucked, huffing and puffing. If the girls I used to shoot felt anything for me it was sorry for me! I am pretty sure my wife had nothing to worry about :) :)

Bill R

nathancarter
Cream of the Crop
5,474 posts
Gallery: 32 photos
Joined Dec 2010

Mar 04, 2014 09:09 |  #141

I'm only staring at her boobs because I'm evaluating the pose and composition.

... this is pretty true most of the time. I often give models an advance warning, that I'm going to look at them funny or give them the old "look 'em up-and-down" .. but it's only because I'm looking at the light and thinking of pose adjustments.

http://www.avidchick.c​om (external link) for business stuff
http://www.facebook.co​m/VictorVoyeur (external link) for fun stuff

OhLook
Spiderwoman
18,851 posts
Gallery: 74 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined Dec 2012

Mar 04, 2014 11:54 |  #142

If you guys invited your resistant wives to attend a shoot as observers and chaperones, might it help them understand?

PRONOUN ADVISORY: OhLook is a she. | A FEW CORRECT SPELLINGS: lens, aperture, amateur, hobbyist, per se, raccoon, whoa, more so (2 wds.), shoo-in | IMAGE EDITING OK

Northwoods ­ Bill
Goldmember
1,145 posts
Joined Jun 2012

Mar 04, 2014 14:09 |  #143

OhLook wrote in post #16733912 (external link)
If you guys invited your resistant wives to attend a shoot as observers and chaperones, might it help them understand?

I have offered, so far she is not taking me up on it. I am trying to expose her more and more to the industry. I got her to watch a little bit of a video on shooting the other day to give her an idea of what goes on. So far no change.

Bill R

OhLook
Spiderwoman
18,851 posts
Gallery: 74 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined Dec 2012

Mar 04, 2014 23:25 |  #144

Northwoods Bill wrote in post #16734234 (external link)
I have offered, so far she is not taking me up on it. I am trying to expose her more and more to the industry. I got her to watch a little bit of a video on shooting the other day to give her an idea of what goes on. So far no change.

What if you shot her (no, not that way!) so she can see what really happens?

Another idea--maybe some of these wives would agree to shooting models if they were dressed to at least swimsuit level.

PRONOUN ADVISORY: OhLook is a she. | A FEW CORRECT SPELLINGS: lens, aperture, amateur, hobbyist, per se, raccoon, whoa, more so (2 wds.), shoo-in | IMAGE EDITING OK

hawk911
Cream of the Crop
11,267 posts
Joined Jul 2006

Mar 08, 2014 14:50 |  #145

OhLook, been there, done that all day long and then some. And up until 2 yrs ago, I never even shot bikini... she better be clothed. I think there are too many delusions about what a photo shoot is like. The other thing I'd be really with a client if I had my wife there, as if she were making sure I behaved. If she truly had an interest in assisting, then I would think none of this discussion would be relevant.

HAWK Photography Gallery (external link) FB Fan page (external link)|_My gear: 5d3, 70D & 40D (all gripped), 580exII, 550ex, Canon 24-70 L & 85 f1.8, 50mm f1.4; Tamron 70-200 SP Di VC, Canon 18-55, Sigma 1.4xtc; Elinchrom Whore, Skyport triggers, Speedotron BD and Kacey Grid, Vagabond minis

Littlejon ­ Dsgn
Goldmember
3,266 posts
Joined Feb 2012

Mar 08, 2014 21:21 |  #146

hawk911 wrote in post #16743801 (external link)
OhLook, been there, done that all day long and then some. And up until 2 yrs ago, I never even shot bikini... she better be clothed. I think there are too many delusions about what a photo shoot is like. The other thing I'd be really with a client if I had my wife there, as if she were making sure I behaved. If she truly had an interest in assisting, then I would think none of this discussion would be relevant.

You make a great point, my wife is an amazing assistant, and makes the majority of the wardrobe, hair and make up decisions. There is a good number of times that when the model shows up to the shoot, its the first time they hear MY voice. My wife handles 98% of the pre and during shoot "stuff", I do lighting, shooting and editing which is the easy part.

Northwoods ­ Bill
Goldmember
1,145 posts
Joined Jun 2012

Mar 15, 2014 10:51 |  #147

OhLook wrote in post #16735347 (external link)
What if you shot her (no, not that way!) so she can see what really happens?

Another idea--maybe some of these wives would agree to shooting models if they were dressed to at least swimsuit level.

I offered to take her to the studio where I shoot and have a HMUA come in (thanks for the suggestion). She started warming to the idea then cold again. I think she is being influenced by one or two of her friends.

Between them I suspect they have managed to paint the whole thing as some "den of sin".

I even mentioned a shoot that is taking place in June on a nearby horse farm. It is organized by the people who own the studio I used to shoot at. A dozen or so models, twenty or so photographers. The studio takes control of all the lighting setups, etc. Just need to show up and shoot. From what I have heard in the past they run a very organized shoot that is a ton of fun. Obviously in a setting such as this the attire is largely dresses and jeans with tops. Seemed like a perfect answer. Right now she is resisting.

So I get to choose between my family and this part of my hobby. What makes it worse is that inside I know what she is doing is wrong and controlling (at least in the case of the farm shoot). Bottom line, my family (read my son) wins every time, as it should.

The other night she tried to tell me that she wasn't comfortable with me watching videos on Kelby about glamour shooting and retouching. I couldn't believe it. Anyway she was told "too bad".

Sorry for the long rant. Thanks for reading.

Bill R

Nick_Reading.UK
836 posts
Joined Nov 2011

Mar 19, 2014 02:40 |  #148

Drk Orange wrote in post #12943769 (external link)
My current partner has some relationship baggage that causes problems. I took her along to a couple of shoots and she started coming around, once she realised how professional the whole deal was.

However, it only needs one model to make a pass at a photographer in front of his partner to ruin it for everybody. :(

Does that actually happen?? :confused:

EOS 5Dmk3 X2, 60D, EF24-70mm f2.8L mk2, EF70-200mm f2.8L IS mk2, EF85mm f1.8, EF50mm f1.4, EF50mm f1.8 mk1(350D with 18-55mm Sh"kit" lens).
Speedlite 600EX-RT, 430EX II Flash. manfrotto 190XDB tripod, Giottos GTMML 3290B Monopod, B+W 77mm 110 Single Coated filter, Hama 77mm Variable Neutral Density Filter.

nathancarter
Cream of the Crop
5,474 posts
Gallery: 32 photos
Joined Dec 2010

Mar 19, 2014 09:46 |  #149

I've never seen it.
Some get pretty flirty, but that's often just part of the process - if they're not "real" the pictures may show it.

http://www.avidchick.c​om (external link) for business stuff
http://www.facebook.co​m/VictorVoyeur (external link) for fun stuff

Littlejon ­ Dsgn
Goldmember
3,266 posts
Joined Feb 2012

Mar 19, 2014 10:35 as a reply to  @ nathancarter's post |  #150

I know I have yet to have one make a pass at me lol, now one did make a pass at my wife :D Most all of the models already have boyfriends who I am sure are much better looking then myself. Yes some have gotten flirty but thats also because we try and have a fun time while shooting.

92,473 views & 62 likes for this thread
Married and shooting models
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Glamour & Nude Talk 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.