Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
Thread started 03 Oct 2012 (Wednesday) 09:43
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

The Lady Photographer Thread

Maureen ­ Souza
Ms. MODERATOR     Something Spectacular!
33,149 posts
Gallery: 7 photos
Joined Feb 2005

Mar 21, 2014 20:25 |  #3931

Oh Penel, that Setter Selfie gave us all a big appreciative laugh here at my mom's. 2 of my sisters are here as well so thanks for that. Hope you are finally on the mend & feel stronger every day.

Welcome to Jill, we are always happy to have more Ladies join us. :) love the seashell photo!

I brought my camera to hopefully catch some hummers but we shall see. I will be home on Monday!

Life is hard...but I just take it one photograph at a time.

5DMK4
7DMK2
Canon Lenses: 50/1.4, 135/2.0, 100-400mm II, 24-70/2.8 II

sponsored links
Maureen ­ Souza
33,149 posts
Joined Feb 2005

Mar 21, 2014 20:26 |  #3932

NewCreation wrote in post #16776297 (external link)
Hi all!

Haven't been in here in a while. Great pics by everyone! Maureen is busy as always. Great whale and zoo shots! Feel better Penel...love the "selfie". :) Welcome Jill. LOVE the bird shots, Levina. We are still hoping for spring here.

Yay, Brenda is alive. Come see us more often.

5DMK4
7DMK2

NewCreation
Goldmember
3,214 posts
Gallery: 47 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Jan 2013

Mar 21, 2014 20:52 |  #3933

Maureen Souza wrote in post #16776377 (external link)
Yay, Brenda is alive. Come see us more often.

LOL. Yep alive and well. Guess I've been kinda hibernating ...it's been a looong winter. But warmer weather is coming and I have two weddings this summer. My daughter is getting married in August and one for a client in September. :)

My name is Brenda ~Saved by grace, walking by faith
http://brendahoffmanph​otography.com (external link)
Facebook (external link)

Maureen ­ Souza
33,149 posts
Joined Feb 2005

Mar 21, 2014 22:12 |  #3934

Very exciting!! ^^^^ I have a wedding April 14 but I am slowing down a bit by choice...... Babies are due April 4 & 26th & I have a couple of HS Seniors next week but my grands are too busy for much work right now :)

5DMK4
7DMK2

Jvandagriff
Hatchling
7 posts
Joined Nov 2013

Mar 21, 2014 22:18 |  #3935

How dear your responses are and I apologize for the confusion. No, I am not homeless nor are my circumstances dire. My last job located me here in Florida, but I anticipate that my next job will require a move away from this glorious place. For this reason -- and a general love of all forms of water -- I tend to shoot mostly acquatic themes. And if I may add my voice to the throngs, the Setter Selfie is outstanding!

Maureen ­ Souza
33,149 posts
Joined Feb 2005

Mar 22, 2014 11:39 |  #3936

I love the beach/ocean/ aquatics as well, Jill. I grew up in Hintington Beach, California & I miss being oceanside but luckily it isn't too far away from me now. This weekend I am down visiting my mom with 3 of my 5 sisters joining me. Mom isn't in good shape but the sisters are having a good time!

5DMK4
7DMK2

Gundogs
UK SE Photographer of the Year 2012
3,137 posts
Joined Jan 2011

Mar 22, 2014 13:21 as a reply to  @ Maureen Souza's post |  #3937

Levina de Ruijter wrote in post #16775237 (external link)
Hi Penel!! I was wondering where you had gone to! Great to see you back and with great shots too, but then, your dog shots are always the very best. Lola is adorable. But the show is stolen by that Setter Selfie. What a fun shot. I wouldn't be surprised if that's to go viral! :)

Sorry to hear you weren't well. Hopefully you'll be back to your old self soon. Being unwell is no fun.

EastBayGirl wrote in post #16775489 (external link)
Good to hear from you, Penel!! I admired many of your pictures on flickr but that selfie of Lola (is it Lola?) is priceless. Hope you get up to full speed again soon.

joayne wrote in post #16775625 (external link)
Well it's nearly unanimous .. the selfie is The Shot Penel ;)
Feel better soon.. Nothing worse than poor health!
.. and we forget so easily how our health is a very precious thing..

Levina de Ruijter wrote in post #16776118 (external link)
Last Thursday we had temperatures of 21ÂșC. Our first real day of Spring. It lasted only one day but it was simply wonderful. The birds felt it too; very active all. And the Chiffchaffs have arrived, which makes it official: spring is here! :)

But first my favourite of that day, an Eurasian Wren (or Winter Wren as we call them). They were everywhere! Very active, singing their little hearts out, chasing one another (be in a mating ritual or simply chasing rivals away, no idea). But they were not afraid to show themselves and some even posed nicely. I shot different birds at different locations in different light. This is a shot of my favourite series of them because of the lake that makes for such a nice blue background.
IMAGE NOT FOUND
HTTP response: 404 | MIME changed to 'text/html' | Byte size: ZERO

And here's my first Chiffchaff of the year. Hopefully I'll get better shots in the coming weeks. I'm always delighted to see them back. :)
IMAGE NOT FOUND
HTTP response: 404 | MIME changed to 'text/html' | Byte size: ZERO

NewCreation wrote in post #16776297 (external link)
Hi all!

Haven't been in here in a while. Great pics by everyone! Maureen is busy as always. Great whale and zoo shots! Feel better Penel...love the "selfie". :) Welcome Jill. LOVE the bird shots, Levina. We are still hoping for spring here.

Maureen Souza wrote in post #16776374 (external link)
Oh Penel, that Setter Selfie gave us all a big appreciative laugh here at my mom's. 2 of my sisters are here as well so thanks for that. Hope you are finally on the mend & feel stronger every day.

Welcome to Jill, we are always happy to have more Ladies join us. :) love the seashell photo!

I brought my camera to hopefully catch some hummers but we shall see. I will be home on Monday!

Jvandagriff wrote in post #16776590 (external link)
How dear your responses are and I apologize for the confusion. No, I am not homeless nor are my circumstances dire. My last job located me here in Florida, but I anticipate that my next job will require a move away from this glorious place. For this reason -- and a general love of all forms of water -- I tend to shoot mostly acquatic themes. And if I may add my voice to the throngs, the Setter Selfie is outstanding!

Hi ladies - thank you so much for the lovely comments, it is indeed Lola, she's a very humorous dog to live with! Levina the wren shot is adorable for sure! welcome Jill!

Penelope Malby Photography (external link)
my Facebook page (external link) my Flickr (external link) my 500px (external link)

joayne
Cream of the Crop
12,883 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Feb 2005

Mar 22, 2014 14:10 |  #3938

Glad to hear you and some of your sisters are together at your Mom's Mo.. I'm sure it lifts her spirits to be with some of you girls.. and I'm sure you are having great fun!

Penel.. I sometime watch some interesting live webcasts through Creative Live.. I noticed that this coming week, Thurs through Saturday, they are showing a course on animal photography..
If you are interested Here  (external link)is the web address (it's free for the viewing)

....LOL, not that you need any instructions  :p

joayne Contribute to POTN | Worldwide Photo Week

Please Quote the post you are responding to.

Gundogs
UK SE Photographer of the Year 2012
3,137 posts
Joined Jan 2011

Mar 23, 2014 11:45 |  #3939

joayne wrote in post #16777689 (external link)
Glad to hear you and some of your sisters are together at your Mom's Mo.. I'm sure it lifts her spirits to be with some of you girls.. and I'm sure you are having great fun!

Penel.. I sometime watch some interesting live webcasts through Creative Live.. I noticed that this coming week, Thurs through Saturday, they are showing a course on animal photography..
If you are interested Here  (external link)is the web address (it's free for the viewing)

....LOL, not that you need any instructions  :p

Hi Joayne, I have already signed up for this - it will be interesting to see how it goes. As I worked as an animal trainer on shoots/tv/movies for 10 yrs - I am really good at that side of things - but of course when you are taking the photos you can't be handling the animal at the same time! I wish there was two of me sometimes. (although I suspect my husband is pleased there isn't!!!).

Penelope Malby Photography (external link)
my Facebook page (external link) my Flickr (external link) my 500px (external link)

joayne
Cream of the Crop
12,883 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Feb 2005

Mar 23, 2014 13:59 |  #3940

Gundogs wrote in post #16779670 (external link)
Hi Joayne, I have already signed up for this - it will be interesting to see how it goes. As I worked as an animal trainer on shoots/tv/movies for 10 yrs - I am really good at that side of things - but of course when you are taking the photos you can't be handling the animal at the same time! I wish there was two of me sometimes. (although I suspect my husband is pleased there isn't!!!).

As I said Penel..Not that you need instruction!
I always find tips that are helpful, and the CL people certainly do have fun..
..and seem to be coming up in the world of web instruction.

joayne Contribute to POTN | Worldwide Photo Week

Please Quote the post you are responding to.

EastBayGirl
Cream of the Crop
5,774 posts
Gallery: 98 photos
Joined Sep 2011

Mar 23, 2014 15:33 |  #3941

Beautiful pictures, Levina!!! The blue in that wren picture is quite a lovely color.

Glad to hear you're not actually homeless, Jill. ;)

Good to hear you're alive and well, Brenda. :D

I was inspired by Penels pictures and took this one of my best old boy. He's 15 1/2 years old now and I'm getting nervous about loosing him. :( He has been quite the handful for the last 13 years, but after that he became quite mellow. Heck...he hasn't pulled any raccoons out of trees in two years now. :D

IMAGE: http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2816/13345869304_a93a79610a_c.jpg
IMAGE LINK: http://www.flickr.com …17780993@N08/13​345869304/  (external link)
Tired Boy (external link) by Eastbaygirl925 (external link), on Flickr

Stina
flickr (external link)
Constructive criticism is always appreciated.

Levina ­ de ­ Ruijter
I'm a bloody goody two-shoes!
18,088 posts
Gallery: 291 photos
Best ofs: 10
Joined Sep 2008

Mar 23, 2014 16:18 |  #3942

A sweet pic, Stina. And there's affection in the title you gave your photo.

Levina
Please quote when responding to a post!!!
There is no such thing as ect. It's etc. (with period) from latin et cetera.
Colours are not complimentary but complementary.
My flickr (external link)

EastBayGirl
Cream of the Crop
5,774 posts
Gallery: 98 photos
Joined Sep 2011

Mar 23, 2014 16:28 |  #3943

Levina de Ruijter wrote in post #16780341 (external link)
A sweet pic, Stina. And there's affection in the title you gave your photo.

Thanks, Levina. There's a lot of affection for our old boy!! It's hard to see him slow down and age. :(

Edit: I think I'm going to frame this one, it captures him quite well, as he is today.

Stina
flickr (external link)
Constructive criticism is always appreciated.

digsmum
263 posts
Joined Jan 2012

Mar 23, 2014 17:06 as a reply to  @ EastBayGirl's post |  #3944

Love all the whales and zoo pics Maureen.

joayne wrote in post #16770747 (external link)
Emma, Love the parakeets, but I'm assuming they are not native, which means they cause problems for native species.. but they are so beautiful and cute! And of course, baby GBH's are always fun to see..

Not native Joayne but very well established now, there are thousands round here. I guess it's hard to pin down the exact impact as there are so many other factors like climate change and increased building etc, but there has to be a negative impact with all of these things increasing competition for living space and food.

EastBayGirl wrote in post #16771172 (external link)
Same here, Levina.
The pigs are fun, right now I'm teaching them that I am not a chew toy!

The pigs look like great fun - although I have to confess to being a little intimidated by them when they grow huge.

Gundogs wrote in post #16774688 (external link)
Hi ladies,
Sorry I haven't been around much lately - I was really poorly for a couple of weeks and still trying to get my energy back to normal. I"ve done lots of photography despite being unwell and it's all gone well.

and this morning I took this on my phone - Setter Selfie!
QUOTED IMAGE
IMAGE LINK: http://www.flickr.com/​photos/penel/133071630​65/  (external link)
Setter selfie (external link) by Penelope Malby Photography (external link), on Flickr

and one of super cute Alfie poodle who came for a shoot
QUOTED IMAGE
IMAGE LINK: http://www.flickr.com/​photos/penel/132208079​33/  (external link)
5D3_9203 (external link) by Penelope Malby Photography (external link), on Flickr

Hi Penel, hope you are feeling better. Also love the selfie shot - and I have a secret hankering for a poodle so loved your shots of Alfie.

EastBayGirl wrote in post #16780248 (external link)
I was inspired by Penels pictures and took this one of my best old boy. He's 15 1/2 years old now and I'm getting nervous about loosing him. :( He has been quite the handful for the last 13 years, but after that he became quite mellow. Heck...he hasn't pulled any raccoons out of trees in two years now. :D

QUOTED IMAGE
IMAGE LINK: http://www.flickr.com …17780993@N08/13​345869304/  (external link)
Tired Boy (external link) by Eastbaygirl925 (external link), on Flickr

Lovely Stina, the oldies just get more precious as they age. My oldest boy will be 14 this year - is deaf and has cataracts but still enjoys a good walk. Here he is using a wobbly bit of wood as a bridge earlier today.

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'image/gif' | Redirected to error image by FLICKR

3X8A9081 (external link) by lugbyone (external link), on Flickr

and a couple more heron pics - this one was hanging around in a tree today and seemed to be a particularly daft specimen. I waited ages hoping he would fly off but think he was waiting for me to leave. Got to love wildlife!

IMAGE NOT FOUND
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'image/gif' | Redirected to error image by FLICKR

3X8A9165 (external link) by lugbyone (external link), on Flickr

IMAGE NOT FOUND

3X8A9171 (external link) by lugbyone (external link), on Flickr

*edit* looking at second pic here should I clone out the bare branch up from his / her beak / bill?

Emma

Levina ­ de ­ Ruijter
I'm a bloody goody two-shoes!
18,088 posts
Gallery: 291 photos
Best ofs: 10
Joined Sep 2008

Mar 23, 2014 17:28 |  #3945

EastBayGirl wrote in post #16780365 (external link)
Thanks, Levina. There's a lot of affection for our old boy!! It's hard to see him slow down and age. :(

Edit: I think I'm going to frame this one, it captures him quite well, as he is today.

It's always sad when our pets get old. Hopefully the old boy will be around for quite a while and in good health. Good idea to frame the image, Stina. It's lovely.

Levina
Please quote when responding to a post!!!
There is no such thing as ect. It's etc. (with period) from latin et cetera.
Colours are not complimentary but complementary.
My flickr (external link)

sponsored links

705,499 views & 1,356 likes for this thread
The Lady Photographer Thread
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.