I'm looking to upgrade my tripod+ballhead, with the following criteria:
- Vibration dampening is most important factor
- Fast to deploy - 2nd most important factor! (makes me want to use the tripod more frequently)
- preferably under 2.5kg/travel friendly/compact when collapsed
- under $220
- 3 or 4 section
- no preference for twist/lever lock
- must have flexible centre column (reversible + 90 degree horizontal)
- hook on column is a huge plus
- sufficient to hold 6D + 70-200 f2.8L IS [But would be used with 17-40L or 100L IS most of the time]
- should not creep after locking into position ( my current one creeps slightly when using liveview 10x)
- lightweight a plus, without compromising too much on stability (so that it can be shared with my gorillapod)
- separate knob for locking vs panning
- big plus if the combo allows me to do single/multi-row panoramas easily
- under $100
I've been flipping through a lot of guides and reviews and have narrowed down to the Manfrotto 190XPRO3, or the Vanguard Alta series. Currently leaning towards the Vanguard as it is cheaper, has a more flexible centre column and features a spring loaded hook for extra stability. I understand Manfrotto is a trusted brand but just curious - how far away is the quality of alternative manufacturers compared to them?
Would be more than happy to accept alternative brands/models that meet the criteria too.
Thanks in advance for your help!