I just noticed on Win 8.1, the latest EOS utility is spawning an EOS UPnP utlility for the 70D. I guess it is to find the camera remotely if wi-fi is enable. I notice that I was having severe internet browsing issue after I connect my 70D. Turns out that little bugger was bombing my network and rendering my wireless router almost unusable. It took me a while to figure this out. I noticed that one I disconnected the ethernet cable from my pc that my internet was restored to a workable state. Once I knew it was my pc, I look at the process in memory and I found the culprit.
I am wondering if anyone has experience this issue before, if so, at least you know how to resolve it now.