Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
Thread started 27 Mar 2014 (Thursday) 07:44
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Neewer TT850 + FT-16s trigger/receiver - $99 shipped!

v35skyline
Goldmember
3,572 posts
Joined Apr 2007

Mar 27, 2014 07:44 |  #1

I bought this for $150 2 weeks ago from the same seller on Amazon and got everything as described (despite the 1 negative review). It's Prime eligible, so really no gamble as Amazon will care for you if you don't get everything as described.

This is a no brainer, IMO. The same package from CheetahStand is $190. I have a few CheetahStand items and Edward is great, but this is nearly %50 less. I bought 2 more last night and am returning my original order (makes sense as they won't price match and since I originally bought one at $150, I can now get a complete second set for only $50 more!).

http://www.amazon.com …255&sr=8-4&keywords=tt850 (external link)

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

X100s | X-Pro1 | X-T1 | XF 14 | XF 18 | XF 35 | XF 56 | XF 60 | XF 10-24
Gear List & Feedback

sponsored links
v35skyline
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
3,572 posts
Joined Apr 2007

Mar 27, 2014 09:16 |  #2

Only 2 left!

Gear List & Feedback

v35skyline
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
3,572 posts
Joined Apr 2007

Mar 27, 2014 10:04 |  #3

Now it just says "in stock" without defining any quantity. Nice!

Gear List & Feedback

v35skyline
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
3,572 posts
Joined Apr 2007

Mar 27, 2014 11:44 |  #4

Price is back to $150. :(

Gear List & Feedback

bumpintheroad
Self-inflicted bait
1,656 posts
Gallery: 21 photos
Joined Oct 2013

Mar 27, 2014 13:53 |  #5

Just FYI, I had a bad experience with Amazon's Standbyon vendor. In my case they advertised some light clamps as in-stock, shipped from NJ within 1-2 business days, but took over 3 weeks to actually deliver the items. Since I also live in NJ about 1 hour from Standbyon's location, I expected receipt in 3-5 days. When the clamps didn't arrive after 2 weeks I had to buy them locally and then argue with Standbyon for over week and threaten a credit card chargeback before they agreed to a return and refund. They just don't show any understanding of customer service.

Amazon was no help at all, in fact they wouldn't even accept my negative review of the seller.

I imagine that this isn't a concern with items fulfilled by Amazon and eligible for Prime. But something to keep in mind for non-Prime items.

-- Mark | Gear | Flickr (external link) | Picasa (external link) | Youtube (external link) | Facebook (external link) | Image editing is okay

v35skyline
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
3,572 posts
Joined Apr 2007

Mar 27, 2014 14:05 |  #6

bumpintheroad wrote in post #16790725 (external link)
Just FYI, I had a bad experience with Amazon's Standbyon vendor. In my case they advertised some light clamps as in-stock, shipped from NJ within 1-2 business days, but took over 3 weeks to actually deliver the items. Since I also live in NJ about 1 hour from Standbyon's location, I expected receipt in 3-5 days. When the clamps didn't arrive after 2 weeks I had to buy them locally and then argue with Standbyon for over week and threaten a credit card chargeback before they agreed to a return and refund. They just don't show any understanding of customer service.

Amazon was no help at all, in fact they wouldn't even accept my negative review of the seller.

I imagine that this isn't a concern with items fulfilled by Amazon and eligible for Prime. But something to keep in mind for non-Prime items.

Yes, my primary rule for Amazon is buying items only if they are fulfilled by Amazon.

Gear List & Feedback

scorpio_e
Cream of the Crop
7,402 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Aug 2007

Mar 27, 2014 14:15 |  #7

Back to $149

www.steelcityphotograp​hy.com (external link)

starlights
661 posts
Gallery: 16 photos
Joined Apr 2011

Mar 28, 2014 23:24 |  #8

I just saw this post, but fortunately I saw this deal on Amazon as well, when it was priced at $99.95 (they had 15 left then)
I got my speedlight today but the package DID NOT include the trigger/receiver combo or the car charger. I hope you had better luck than me.

I chatted with Amazon, since it was fulfilled by them, and they refunded me $43 (price of trigger and car charger as stand alone by this seller standbyon on amazon) so the flash kit ended up costing me a lot less :)

On ebay there is a US based seller "Emilyandlilly" they are selling the trigger/receiver combo for under $24. I had gotten one from them earlier, and now I have the flash to go with it!

dfallsfilm
123 posts
Joined Jan 2013

Mar 30, 2014 16:11 |  #9

Don't buy it from them.. buy it from those links:

http://www.amazon.com …8-1&keywords=Neewer+TT85​0 (external link)

http://www.amazon.com …8-2&keywords=Neewer+TT85​0 (external link)

comes with everything and i get my things in three days. I don't trust the bundle stuff.

Dont buy it from New Harbor. buy it from StandBy On or BestDealUSA

Fujifilm X-T1 with Large Handgrip | Canon EOS 350D (gripped) | Canon EOS 10D
| Super Takumar 50mm 1.4 v1 | Super-Macro-Takumar 50mm f/4 | Industar 50-2 | Auto Rikenon 55mm f/1.4 | Helios 44-1 | CZJ Biometar 80mm f/2.8 | Rokinon 85mm T1.5 | Pentacon 135mm 2.8 | EF 28-105 3.5-4.5 | EF 50mm 1.8 | FD 135mm 3.5 | FD 75-200 4.5 || Kenko DG 300 2x || Godox V850/Neewer TT850 (x4) | Mettle 600ws AC/DC | Yongnou YN622C | Vagabond Mini Lithium | Godox QT-600

madflea
108 posts
Joined Aug 2012

Mar 30, 2014 19:12 |  #10

The bundle deal the OP posted was sold by Amazon seller StandByOn (and fulfilled by Amazon). I received mine yesterday as well and it did not include the receiver combo or the cable. I assume they just messed up (deliberately?) on the item title. But chatting with Amazon was really easy and I am getting the refund as well. So after all not a bad deal altogether even though I have to buy the extras separately now.

sponsored links

2,013 views & 0 likes for this thread
Neewer TT850 + FT-16s trigger/receiver - $99 shipped!
FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.