Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment People 
Thread started 31 Mar 2014 (Monday) 12:31
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

My GF portrait

brucemalti
38 posts
Joined Oct 2010

Mar 31, 2014 12:31 |  #1

IMAGE: http://img4017.photobox.co.uk/65868617e632403bbcb091d6014ea7916bf8d58d0287bce1e61203b413c45c4cc143a860.jpg

Appreciate your comments!

Canon EOS 7D gripped | Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM | Canon 70-200 F2.8L IS mark II | Canon 50mm F1.8 mark II

sponsored links
Seamus69
788 posts
Gallery: 4 photos
Joined Nov 2010

Mar 31, 2014 12:39 |  #2

Lucky guy. Here is my suggestion: Go with a tighter crop and get rid of the edge on camera left and get rid of some head space at the same time. After being drawn to her face, the light corner pulls my eyes away from her. If there is room on at the bottom, you might play with dropping the frame to just above her elbow. Nice shot of a pretty girl.

Canon 60D, 5Diii, 24-105, 24-70ii, 70-200 f2.8 ii is, 580ex, (2)430ex

windpig
Chopped liver
14,770 posts
Gallery: 5 photos
Joined Dec 2008

Mar 31, 2014 16:12 |  #3

^^
what he says. the light on the left side of the frame and the in focus masonry on the right are distractions for me.

Would you like to buy a vowel?
Go ahead, spin the wheel.
flickr (external link)
I'm accross the canal just south of Ballard, the town Seattle usurped in 1907.

Pixil ­ Studio
Goldmember
1,270 posts
Joined Feb 2012

Mar 31, 2014 16:28 |  #4

tighter crop

Denver wedding and event photographer (external link)
My photography Blog (external link)

Apshiso
458 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Mar 31, 2014 16:46 |  #5

Agree with both above. Pretty girl.

Think about NOT using the word "retarded" in a derogatory manner - it insults those who cannot defend themselves - and hurts the ones who love them. Please see: http://www.r-word.org/ (external link)

mjcarson
252 posts
Joined Apr 2009

Mar 31, 2014 18:39 |  #6

Great girlfriend, nice shot, but as stated, cut that bright spot on the left, don't want anything to compete with those eyes. Cut about 1/3 of the space above her head, wait all this has been said before, maybe I should have stopped at Great Girlfriend! Great exposure, the black jacket is nicely lite without losing detail.

Matt
Stellarvue 90mm Fluorite, AstroTech 111mm and 72mm, Celestron CPS 1100, Losmandy GM-8, Olympus EM1.2, Modified Olympus EM5.2 and Olympus Pen F. Obviously more gear than talent.

AZ ­ Pix
563 posts
Joined Jan 2010

Apr 01, 2014 11:35 as a reply to  @ mjcarson's post |  #7

All the comments above cover things pretty well. Have you tried a portrait crop orientation instead of landscape? Her head is tilted forward quite a bit, so a portrait crop would have to be pretty tight - not sure how much of the wall and jacket you're willing to lose. Lovely gf.

sponsored links

1,791 views & 0 likes for this thread
My GF portrait
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment People 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.