Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Glamour & Nude Talk 
Thread started 01 Nov 2008 (Saturday) 20:57
Search threadPrev/next

Model Mayhem

fk6065
69 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Mar 29, 2014 13:01 |  #796

Model contacts me about a particular theme that I have been shooting a lot lately, military pinups.

I tell her my rates, which are more than reasonable and that I will provide all the props, wardrobe, makeup & hair.

She counters by telling me her rates ............... I just say "Hey, you contacted me, good luck with your career, not interested."

She contacts me again a few days later and asks if I would please work with her. I look at her portfolio again and tell her I will shoot with her one hour TFP anything over the hour it is my usual rate.

She then tells me that she only does one TFP shoot per month and has already shot TFP in Mach and has booked her one TFP shoot per month in April, May, and June. I just say, "OK, good luck in your endeavors I have plenty of models interested in this theme"

The next day I get another message from this model, and this is the best part, who tells me that she is working with another photographer who is paying her to shoot and that she showed him some examples of my work and he liked them but doesn't have access to the wardrobe or props that I shoot with. So her idea is that she, the model and the photographer that is paying her to shoot both come to my studio and that I shoot with her TFP and let the other photographer shoot her in my studio with my wardrobe and props at the same time. This way she says I get; 1) To work with her TFP 2) She works with me TFP and 3) She gets paid to shoot by the other photographer.

Hawk's ­ Feather
308 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Dec 2008

Mar 30, 2014 15:55 |  #797

fk6065,

I sure am glad that you have the 'pleasure' of communicating with that model and not me. She thinks you are going to be a lucky man to work with her. :rolleyes:

Jerry

Jerry
Jerry Latta Photography (external link)

patrick023
542 posts
Joined Apr 2006

Mar 30, 2014 19:02 |  #798

fk6065, I think it's about time that your rates went up as the first rates you quoted here were your low rates and someone has already shot at those rates for the month. :)

Colorblinded
Goldmember
2,713 posts
Gallery: 18 photos
Best ofs: 3
Joined Jul 2007

Mar 30, 2014 19:12 |  #799

fk6065 wrote in post #16795095 (external link)
Model contacts me about a particular theme that I have been shooting a lot lately, military pinups.

I tell her my rates, which are more than reasonable and that I will provide all the props, wardrobe, makeup & hair.

She counters by telling me her rates ............... I just say "Hey, you contacted me, good luck with your career, not interested."

She contacts me again a few days later and asks if I would please work with her. I look at her portfolio again and tell her I will shoot with her one hour TFP anything over the hour it is my usual rate.

She then tells me that she only does one TFP shoot per month and has already shot TFP in Mach and has booked her one TFP shoot per month in April, May, and June. I just say, "OK, good luck in your endeavors I have plenty of models interested in this theme"

The next day I get another message from this model, and this is the best part, who tells me that she is working with another photographer who is paying her to shoot and that she showed him some examples of my work and he liked them but doesn't have access to the wardrobe or props that I shoot with. So her idea is that she, the model and the photographer that is paying her to shoot both come to my studio and that I shoot with her TFP and let the other photographer shoot her in my studio with my wardrobe and props at the same time. This way she says I get; 1) To work with her TFP 2) She works with me TFP and 3) She gets paid to shoot by the other photographer.

bw!

http://www.colorblinde​dphoto.com (external link)
http://www.thecolorbli​ndphotographer.com (external link)

paintedlotus
377 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined May 2008

Mar 30, 2014 19:14 |  #800

What. Just... what.

:confused:

I'm on there: 3092168 (external link)

Website (external link)

beauty, fashion, model tests, portraits

fk6065
69 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Apr 01, 2014 21:14 |  #801

Crazy I know.

joebob23
83 posts
Joined Jul 2007

Apr 02, 2014 13:08 |  #802

Go for it, but charge your normal rate for the hr. That way you can think of it as shooting TFP, while renting the space to the other photog. :-P Win/Win for you, as you get the shots you were willing to do (TFP), and not put out by the other guy since he'd be paying for the time (or she would..).

patrick023
542 posts
Joined Apr 2006

Apr 09, 2014 18:06 |  #803

I don't think I've posted mine yet, so here it is:

www.modelmayhem.com/30​78966 (external link)

PhilF
Cream of the Crop
5,737 posts
Joined Jan 2010

Apr 14, 2014 20:24 |  #804

you get a lot of psycho wannabee models in that site. LOL

http://philfernandezph​otography.com (external link)
http://www.philfashion​photography.com (external link)
https://www.instagram.​com/philfernimagery/ (external link)
https://www.facebook.c​om/philfphotography (external link)

Toby_tools
300 posts
Gallery: 25 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined Feb 2014

Apr 14, 2014 21:49 |  #805

www.modelmayhem.com/33​55515 (external link)

243,620 views & 1 like for this thread
Model Mayhem
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Glamour & Nude Talk 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.