Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos The Business of Photography 
Thread started 23 Mar 2014 (Sunday) 06:23
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Arrgg..how to handle this...

porky101
THREAD ­ STARTER
609 posts
Joined Jan 2011

Apr 02, 2014 14:44 |  #151

I absolutely did not take a shot at her. I have gotten used to calling her that and now you are pointing it out that its offensive to people. so from now on ill do my best to call her birthday girl, if I call her by another offensive adjective it is purely out of habbit at this point.

But no...I wont come on....i never took a "shot" at her if thats what your saying.

sponsored links
gonzogolf
dumb remark memorialized
29,255 posts
Gallery: 40 photos
Joined Dec 2006

Apr 02, 2014 14:49 |  #152

porky101 wrote in post #16804577 (external link)
And were the photo's not awsome? please tell me? was the client initially not happy??? the reason it went into such a mess was the "chubby" girl seems to have a personal vandetta against me. I must be honest here, the client has been a pleasure all this time, the worst thing she has said to me is "you are making it very difficult for me". No insulting, no swearing.......I believe she is actually happy...but this other girl is causing issue's for everyone.

Read you own words. There was no reason to use that phrase. You have no idea whether she will find out about this thread.

tnguyen600
Goldmember
1,478 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Feb 2009

Apr 02, 2014 14:50 |  #153

I saw this earlier and wanted to note that if she googled or somehow came across this thread...there could be problems lol Although this is a forum, it's a public forum and she doesn't have to be a "member" to see these threads/posts.

porky101 wrote in post #16804632 (external link)
errr..moose..can you quote me so I can see where you are at?

Gonzo, I would never let her know that I refer to her like that...this is a forum where I am talking to you....if she was sitting here with us I definitly would not refer to her as "chubby".
But good point...Customer service.....more important than the photo's in the end it seems.

Gear List
www.tvnphotography.com

porky101
THREAD ­ STARTER
609 posts
Joined Jan 2011

Apr 02, 2014 14:51 |  #154

Ok dude, lets agree to disagree, you dont know how I see things from my perspective. I wont do it again. Got it. no offensive adjectives on future photo's or threads.

Lol....if she see's it? will that make matters worse?? how much worse could stuff possibly get!

the ­ flying ­ moose
Goldmember
1,640 posts
Joined Dec 2006

Apr 02, 2014 14:51 |  #155

porky101 wrote in post #16804651 (external link)
Ok, birthday girl from now on.....When I look at a photo I try and think of the easiest way for someone to beable to recognise someone.

Very easy to do that without pointing to something someone may have issues with. Tall brunette with white shirt, short redhead with blue sundress, blonde with checkered button-up shirt, short haired girl with black high heels.

tnguyen600
Goldmember
1,478 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Feb 2009

Apr 02, 2014 14:53 |  #156

porky101 wrote in post #16804675 (external link)
Ok dude, lets agree to disagree, you dont know how I see things from my perspective. I wont do it again. Got it. no offensive adjectives on future photo's or threads.

Lol....if she see's it? will that make matters worse?? how much worse could stuff possibly get!

*knock on wood* lol

Gear List
www.tvnphotography.com

porky101
THREAD ­ STARTER
609 posts
Joined Jan 2011

Apr 02, 2014 14:54 |  #157

Very easy to do that without pointing to something someone may have issues with. Tall brunette with white shirt, short redhead with blue sundress, blonde with checkered button-up shirt, short haired girl with black high heels.

You guys have no idea, that that is NOT what I see in my photo's.
I guess I see things differently...I look at height, weight, color of skin, face, age and hair. Those are the first things I notice when I see these pictures , then if I study further ill see clothes, accessories etc.

(That sounds incredibly racist of me....Color of skin and weight...maybe I should add in riligion? im kidding.....im not racist but that is what I notice the fastest and easiest to identify

gonzogolf
dumb remark memorialized
29,255 posts
Gallery: 40 photos
Joined Dec 2006

Apr 02, 2014 14:57 |  #158

porky101 wrote in post #16804675 (external link)

You are under the impression that your perspective matters. Your perspective is internal, its yours and yours alone. Its your actions that matter here. I've got a friend who has a heart of gold, but is unpolished and uses some pretty offensive terms for various categories of people. When he offends someone doing that, do you think they worry about his perspective?

D ­ Thompson
Goldmember
3,860 posts
Joined Feb 2008

Apr 02, 2014 14:57 |  #159

You say you've booked your first wedding, but they don't know the charge?

Dennis
Canon 5D 20D
I have not yet begun to procrastinate!

D ­ Thompson
Goldmember
3,860 posts
Joined Feb 2008

Apr 02, 2014 14:59 |  #160

porky101 wrote in post #16804482 (external link)
I have a 7D and a 1,000D and a point and shoot plus my cell phone.

I dont have a second flash....do I need one? if so I will get one(Hire)...but is it neccesarry? (although the camera's all have onboard flashes incase...but those suck as you know)

I have a single battery for each body...do I need more than one battery? probably...ill organise more.

Do I need anything else?

Yes, backups for everything. How about lenses?

Dennis
Canon 5D 20D
I have not yet begun to procrastinate!

porky101
THREAD ­ STARTER
609 posts
Joined Jan 2011

Apr 02, 2014 14:59 |  #161

Engagement booked.

Wedding not booked, but pretty much looks like I will get it. Once they happy with engagement then they will probably make a formal booking.

porky101
THREAD ­ STARTER
609 posts
Joined Jan 2011

Apr 02, 2014 15:00 |  #162

You are under the impression that your perspective matters. Your perspective is internal, its yours and yours alone. Its your actions that matter here. I've got a friend who has a heart of gold, but is unpolished and uses some pretty offensive terms for various categories of people. When he offends someone doing that, do you think they worry about his perspective?

Good point here....ye they gonna hate you and not care about anything you say.

Would I really need double lenses?

I got about 6 lenses....Wide angle, Zoom, Fixed focals.

banquetbear
Goldmember
1,600 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Apr 2010

Apr 02, 2014 15:00 |  #163

porky101 wrote in post #16804577 (external link)
the reason it went into such a mess was the "chubby" girl seems to have a personal vandetta against me.

...this has become tiresome. Grow up already. I thought after your last post here you were ready to put on the big boy pants and learnt some lesson: but it is obvious you haven't. While others are willing to give you some slack I am not.

Give the money back. Being a professional photographer is not just about taking correctly exposed photos. You can either spend the next month being a scaredy cat and not answering your phone and keeping your head down or you can swallow what's left of your pride and end this right now. You told them you were giving the money back. Don't go back on your word.

I absolutely did not take a shot at her. I have gotten used to calling her that and now you are pointing it out that its offensive to people. so from now on ill do my best to call her birthday girl, if I call her by another offensive adjective it is purely out of habbit at this point.

But no...I wont come on....i never took a "shot" at her if thats what your saying.

Its this kind of passive aggressive bull-crap that show why you shouldn't be in business. Of course you took a shot. No one in the real world gets "used to calling people names".

Are you ready to shoot a wedding? Absolutely not. You have the emotional maturity of a twelve year old. You have no business experience. You pose your clients based on internet articles and not from practice. You treat your clients like garbage. You have an over inflated opinion on the quality of your work. (And it isn't "awesome.")

Stop fouling things up for the rest of us. I can probably speak for all the other photographers here but we don't participate in these threads for any other reason but to help other photographers build successful businesses. I spent a considerable amount of trying to help you out and so have other photographers: and yet with your response you are doing the equivalent of "spitting in our faces." Before any of us waste any more time trying to help you out can you give us any reason why we should?

www.bigmark.co.nzexternal link

porky101
THREAD ­ STARTER
609 posts
Joined Jan 2011

Apr 02, 2014 15:04 |  #164

I can probably speak for all the other photographers here but we don't participate in these threads for any other reason but to help

banquetbear, Im not going to reply to most of that rhetoric you wrote, ...then please let them speak.

CanonVsNikon
255 posts
Joined Jan 2013

Apr 02, 2014 15:06 |  #165
bannedPermanent ban

Can I get link to images?

sponsored links

55,840 views & 0 likes for this thread
Arrgg..how to handle this...
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos The Business of Photography 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.