Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos The Business of Photography 
Thread started 23 Mar 2014 (Sunday) 06:23
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Arrgg..how to handle this...

D ­ Thompson
Goldmember
3,859 posts
Joined Feb 2008

Apr 02, 2014 15:06 |  #166

porky101 wrote in post #16804699 (external link)
Would I really need double lenses?

I got about 6 lenses....Wide angle, Zoom, Fixed focals.

Not necessarily lenses, but focal lengths for sure. Fast lenses?

Dennis
Canon 5D 20D
I have not yet begun to procrastinate!

sponsored links
porky101
THREAD ­ STARTER
609 posts
Joined Jan 2011

Apr 02, 2014 15:09 |  #167

F1.8 50mm , 18-55kit lenseF5.6, 24-105 cannon zoom LF4 , 100mm macro fixed focal F2.8, Sigma 8-18 Super wide angle F3.2

Im doing this by memory so sorry if the F stops are out on the description of the lenses.

banquetbear
Goldmember
1,600 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Apr 2010

Apr 02, 2014 15:10 |  #168

porky101 wrote in post #16804717 (external link)
banquetbear, Im not going to reply to most of that rhetoric you wrote, ...then please let them speak.

...they are speaking.

Why should we continue to help you when you have decided to disregard any of the advice we give you?

www.bigmark.co.nzexternal link

texkam
"Just let me be a stupid photographer."
1,391 posts
Joined Mar 2012

Apr 02, 2014 15:12 |  #169

+1 banquetbear ^ ^

Stop fouling things up for the rest of us!!!

porky101
THREAD ­ STARTER
609 posts
Joined Jan 2011

Apr 02, 2014 15:13 |  #170

You continue to make assumpions up.

You have no clue what I regard and disregard. I read and take all the info in. then I come to a conclusion. I dont tell you what I disregard so how would you even know??

banquetbear
Goldmember
1,600 posts
Joined Apr 2010

Apr 02, 2014 15:17 |  #171

porky101 wrote in post #16804754 (external link)
You continue to make assumpions up.

You have no clue what I regard and disregard. I read and take all the info in. then I come to a conclusion. I dont tell you what I disregard so how would you even know??

...when you return to this thread and start calling the birthday girl "chubby" it is pretty obvious you have decided to disregard advice given to you earlier in the thread.

joeseph
"smells like turd"
10,182 posts
Gallery: 147 photos
Joined Jan 2004

Apr 02, 2014 15:19 |  #172

CanonVsNikon wrote in post #16804726 (external link)
Can I get link to images?

link to images was in the first post. Use Google
cache to see the unedited version.

some fairly old canon camera stuff, canon lenses, Manfrotto "thingy", 1D MK II converted for IR, and now an M5
TF posting: here :-)

porky101
THREAD ­ STARTER
609 posts
Joined Jan 2011

Apr 02, 2014 15:20 |  #173

banquetbear, I assumed you read my earlier posts.

I said :

Ok, birthday girl from now on.....When I look at a photo I try and think of the easiest way for someone to beable to recognise someone. Im not going to say an extreemily unique feature like the girl with the watch that is too small and would take too long.
Birthday Girl you would need to be following the conversation to understand who that is, the point of my saying "chubby" is not at all meant to be offensive or disrespectful , its so people here can visually identify the person I am speaking about as quickly as possible.

If one of them was g-d forbid dying, and a paramedic came....how would you refer to her? As the birthday Girl? as the girl with the blond hair? or would you say the big one? If anything I take a lot of **** from people and I respect people a lot more than I should.

Ok, birthday girl from now on

So, I definitly agreed and "regarded" that advice. No? No?

CanonVsNikon
255 posts
Joined Jan 2013

Apr 02, 2014 15:43 |  #174
bannedPermanent ban

joeseph wrote in post #16804770 (external link)
link to images was in the first post. Use Google
cache to see the unedited version.

Thanks. For $60 not bad. I was expecting trash images but very nice.

I don't see how she could complain about those.

banquetbear
Goldmember
1,600 posts
Joined Apr 2010

Apr 02, 2014 15:43 |  #175

porky101 wrote in post #16804773 (external link)
banquetbear, I assumed you read my earlier posts.

I said :

So, I definitly agreed and "regarded" that advice. No? No?

...we are talking about the advice given to you earlier in this thread: not the advice that had to be repeated in this thread when you stepped over the line again. Stop pretending you don't know that calling anyone "chubby" would be offensive. You've told us that you've had weight issues. You've told us that this affects how you perceive the world. You know exactly what that name means: you know it almost better than anyone else in the thread.

When I said "grow up" it is precisely because of stuff like this. Stop trying to defend the indefensible. I could understand if you had simply said "sorry I shouldn't have said that." But you have gone to lengths to try and make your use of the word "chubby" as a normal descriptive word and it is clear that even though you will stop using the word here you will continue to use it elsewhere.

As to the problem you are having in this thread the answer is pretty simple. Stop running away. Start answering your phone. Call them. Honour your promises. Deal with it. This can all go away in a one minute phone call. Or you can keep dragging this out and prove to us all that you are unworthy of being in business.

porky101
THREAD ­ STARTER
609 posts
Joined Jan 2011

Apr 02, 2014 15:48 |  #176

clear that even though you will stop using the word here you will continue to use it elsewhere.

On the contrary, what I say here is what I mean, why would i say just for here otherwise???

As to the problem you are having in this thread the answer is pretty simple. Stop running away. Start answering your phone. Call them. Honour your promises. Deal with it. This can all go away in a one minute phone call. Or you can keep dragging this out and prove to us all that you are unworthy of being in business.

Well thank you for your advice. That is the question I am asking myself right now.

banquetbear
Goldmember
1,600 posts
Joined Apr 2010

Apr 02, 2014 15:55 |  #177

porky101 wrote in post #16804836 (external link)
On the contrary, what I say here is what I mean, why would i say just for here otherwise???

...because previously in this thread you have admitted to lying. When you blatantly and openly lie to your clients to make yourself look better, it is entirely possible you would blatantly and openly lie to us to make yourself look better. This is why you should avoid dishonest communication. We, as readers, don't know when you are being truthful or when you are spinning something to your advantage.

Well thank you for your advice. That is the question I am asking myself right now.

What question?

porky101
THREAD ­ STARTER
609 posts
Joined Jan 2011

Apr 02, 2014 16:06 |  #178

Ye well if someone distrusts me, nothing I can do about that.

no more questions for now.

NetJohn
82 posts
Joined Nov 2006

Apr 02, 2014 22:43 |  #179

I have one question: Why is this thread not locked already?

John

Canon Shooter

texkam
"Just let me be a stupid photographer."
1,391 posts
Joined Mar 2012

Apr 02, 2014 23:06 |  #180

I have one question: Why is this thread not locked already?

Because many can learn from other's mistakes. Seriously, there has been some very good advice and guidance offered here.

sponsored links

55,780 views & 0 likes for this thread
Arrgg..how to handle this...
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos The Business of Photography 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.