Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EF and EF-S Lenses 
Thread started 12 Jan 2006 (Thursday) 10:26
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Still Amazed at 70-200 2.8 IS

Brain ­ Mechanic
Goldmember
3,526 posts
Joined Apr 2010

Apr 04, 2014 14:38 |  #16
bannedPermanent ban

They stop replying since its useless. You didnt shut them up...that is just another unrealistic conclusion completely created in your head to continue supporting your inflated ego. I deal with persons like you all the time. You have a serious problem.

You are acting like God given gift to photography so what we earthlings have to say to you?? Its almost narcistic. You want to behave like that? Could care less, but its annoying and its not a good way to start in this or any forum. Is it a cry for attention?? Also could be but either way I will just ignore you and of course this will be the last thing I say, have TONS of better things to do.

But i say this....attracting all that negative attention will catch up with you, sooner or later.

Gear: a toothed wheel :p
"To be of good quality, you have to excuse yourself from the presence of shallow and callow minded individuals" Michael Bassey Johnson
--Oscar--
flickr (external link)

sponsored links
Adharr
324 posts
Joined Mar 2014

Apr 04, 2014 14:57 |  #17
bannedPermanent ban

Brain Mechanic wrote in post #16810009 (external link)
They stop replying since its useless. You didnt shut them up...that is just another unrealistic conclusion completely created in your head to continue supporting your inflated ego. I deal with persons like you all the time. You have a serious problem.

You are acting like God given gift to photography so what we earthlings have to say to you?? Its almost narcistic. You want to behave like that? Could care less, but its annoying and its not a good way to start in this or any forum. Is it a cry for attention?? Also could be but either way I will just ignore you and of course this will be the last thing I say, have TONS of better things to do.

But i say this....attracting all that negative attention will catch up with you, sooner or later.

Making psychological evaluations about a person, based on 2 days worth of forum postings, over the internet.

If you were a psych professional you would know you can't do that accurately, and if you were a layman, you aren't trained enough to reach those conclusions holistically in the first place.

My Homepage (external link)

nellyle
Goldmember
1,228 posts
Gallery: 5 photos
Joined Jan 2012

Apr 04, 2014 14:58 |  #18

Brain Mechanic wrote in post #16810009 (external link)

Too true.
I expect a lot of people like me don't bother complaining because we can see it for what it is and just ignore it (is there a minimum amount of posts before you can sell things here?)

5D3, 7D2, 1D3, 40D, 14 f2.8 Samyang, 17-40 L, 28-80 L, 70-200 2.8ii L, 200 2.8ii L, 200-400 L, 1.4 ii,
http://chris-stamp.smugmug.com/ (external link)

nellyle
Goldmember
1,228 posts
Gallery: 5 photos
Joined Jan 2012

Apr 04, 2014 15:10 |  #19

I guess what we could all do is go back 10 years and answer a load of posts with no responses, I guess we'd soon find out if it's approved policy or not! :D

5D3, 7D2, 1D3, 40D, 14 f2.8 Samyang, 17-40 L, 28-80 L, 70-200 2.8ii L, 200 2.8ii L, 200-400 L, 1.4 ii,
http://chris-stamp.smugmug.com/ (external link)

Brain ­ Mechanic
Goldmember
3,526 posts
Joined Apr 2010

Apr 04, 2014 15:52 |  #20
bannedPermanent ban

Adharr wrote in post #16810065 (external link)
Making psychological evaluations about a person, based on 2 days worth of forum postings, over the internet.

If you were a psych professional you would know you can't do that accurately, and if you were a layman, you aren't trained enough to reach those conclusions holistically in the first place.

You would be in for a little surprise. I didnt make an evaluation....its just a theory based on your actions, call it an educated guess. Your attitude is arrogant, pretentious and self indulgent. Almost a Messiah complex. Google it.

"To be of good quality, you have to excuse yourself from the presence of shallow and callow minded individuals" Michael Bassey Johnson
--Oscar--
flickr (external link)

Brain ­ Mechanic
Goldmember
3,526 posts
Joined Apr 2010

Apr 04, 2014 15:54 |  #21
bannedPermanent ban

nellyle wrote in post #16810068 (external link)
Too true.
I expect a lot of people like me don't bother complaining because we can see it for what it is and just ignore it (is there a minimum amount of posts before you can sell things here?)

My thoughts exactly....but who knows! POTN is a wonderful place to satiate your photography thirst. Talking about this guy is a WASTE of time.

--Oscar--
flickr (external link)

hollis_f
Cream of the Crop
10,649 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Jul 2007

Apr 04, 2014 15:56 |  #22

Adharr wrote in post #16810065 (external link)

If it quacks like a duck.......

Frank Hollis - Retired mass spectroscopist
Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he'll complain about the withdrawal of his free fish entitlement.
Gear Website (external link)

Brain ­ Mechanic
Goldmember
3,526 posts
Joined Apr 2010

Apr 04, 2014 15:59 |  #23
bannedPermanent ban

Or if the shoe fits....

--Oscar--
flickr (external link)

andrikos
Goldmember
1,905 posts
Joined Sep 2008

Apr 04, 2014 16:04 |  #24

Brain Mechanic wrote in post #16810195 (external link)
Or if the shoe fits....

you must acquit.

Think new Canon lenses are overpriced? Lots (and lots) of data will set you free!

Nick_Reading.UK
836 posts
Joined Nov 2011

Apr 04, 2014 17:44 |  #25

Adharr wrote in post #16810354 (external link)
Yeah I'll call it a guess.

You are clearly a troll trying to wind everyone up..
Problem is you are succeeding ...

Edit.. And then deleting posts....

EOS 5Dmk3 X2, 60D, EF24-70mm f2.8L mk2, EF70-200mm f2.8L IS mk2, EF85mm f1.8, EF50mm f1.4, EF50mm f1.8 mk1(350D with 18-55mm Sh"kit" lens).
Speedlite 600EX-RT, 430EX II Flash. manfrotto 190XDB tripod, Giottos GTMML 3290B Monopod, B+W 77mm 110 Single Coated filter, Hama 77mm Variable Neutral Density Filter.

WhyFi
Goldmember
2,766 posts
Gallery: 237 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Apr 2008

Apr 04, 2014 17:51 |  #26

Adharr wrote in post #16809960 (external link)
I'm still doing it, just in different sections of the forum now. You'll notice these people all shut up after my last comment here:

https://photography-on-the.net …read.php?t=1349​812&page=3

There's the delusion again. "These people all shut up" because you went away and stopped bumping old, dried up threads. That you have now accumulated a 2-47 record has not changed anyone's opinion on your antics.

Bill is my name - I'm the most wanted man on my island, except I'm not on my island, of course. More's the pity.

Mornnb
Goldmember
1,646 posts
Gallery: 6 photos
Joined Aug 2012

Apr 04, 2014 18:37 |  #27

hollis_f wrote in post #16810182 (external link)
If it quacks like a duck.......

It could be a platypus.

Canon 5D Mark III - Leica M240
EF 16-35mm F/4 IS L - EF 14mm f/2.8 L II - - EF 17mm TS-E L - EF 24-70mm f/2.8 L II - EF 70-200mm IS II f/2.8 L - Sigma 35mm f/1.4 Art - Sigma 85mm f/1.4 EX
Voigtlander 15mm III - 28mm Elmarit-M ASPH - 35mm f/1.4 Summilux-M FLE - 50mm f/1.4 Summilux-M ASPH
500px (external link)

Adharr
324 posts
Joined Mar 2014

Apr 04, 2014 21:15 |  #28
bannedPermanent ban

Do I need to get more popcorn people? I thought the show was over with bokeh. And then we had the encore of a 600mm tripod mount foot.

My Homepage (external link)

WhyFi
Goldmember
2,766 posts
Gallery: 237 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Apr 2008

Apr 04, 2014 22:14 |  #29

I'd ask for popcorn myself, but I don't know that I'd be able to indulge from all the laughing. But between your mouthfulls of popcorn, maybe you could tell us why in the hell such a fab photog would prominently display a misfocused portrait on both their personal site and MM portfolio.

Bill is my name - I'm the most wanted man on my island, except I'm not on my island, of course. More's the pity.

Brain ­ Mechanic
Goldmember
3,526 posts
Joined Apr 2010

Apr 04, 2014 22:31 |  #30
bannedPermanent ban

WhyFi wrote in post #16810883 (external link)
I'd ask for popcorn myself, but I don't know that I'd be able to indulge from all the laughing. But between your mouthfulls of popcorn, maybe you could tell us why in the hell such a fab photog would prominently display a misfocused portrait on both their personal site and MM portfolio.

I think you know the answer to that:D

Here is a little quote:

I think we live in an age of increasing mediocrity.

Dick Cavett

;):):lol:

--Oscar--
flickr (external link)

sponsored links

4,029 views & 0 likes for this thread
Still Amazed at 70-200 2.8 IS
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EF and EF-S Lenses 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.