Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS General Gear Talk Flash and Studio Lighting 
Thread started 26 Jan 2013 (Saturday) 10:20
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

A New Bare Bulb Flash Arrives

abbadon31
Goldmember
4,937 posts
Gallery: 264 photos
Best ofs: 10
Joined Jul 2009

Apr 13, 2014 09:43 |  #4066

Here are some more prototype images

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'image/gif' | Redirected to error image by FLICKR

IMAGE NOT FOUND
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'image/gif'

IMAGE NOT FOUND

IMAGE NOT FOUND

I AM SHOM

sponsored links
windpig
Chopped liver
14,944 posts
Gallery: 6 photos
Joined Dec 2008

Apr 13, 2014 18:25 |  #4067

I wanna see the hot chick holding the gear in the promo stuff.

Would you like to buy a vowel?
Go ahead, spin the wheel.
flickr (external link)
I'm accross the canal just south of Ballard, the town Seattle usurped in 1907.

mmmfotografie
hanging up-side-down in a cave
2,114 posts
Joined Jul 2013

Apr 14, 2014 05:34 |  #4068

windpig wrote in post #16831017 (external link)
I wanna see the hot chick holding the gear in the promo stuff.

Noway there could be a chance that the underboobs would be covered and the attention will be on the products!

abbadon31
Goldmember
4,937 posts
Joined Jul 2009

Apr 14, 2014 09:50 |  #4069

Heres a behind the scene shoot

Stand is 12 feet way from the model and the second shooter was using a speedlite and mavenadapter on a pole

IMAGE: https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7048/13848223185_faa5c71f80_c.jpg

I AM SHOM

windpig
Chopped liver
14,944 posts
Joined Dec 2008

Apr 14, 2014 13:09 |  #4070

Nice BTS Scott.

flickr (external link)

mmmfotografie
2,114 posts
Joined Jul 2013

Apr 14, 2014 13:32 |  #4071

What is next..drones to hold the camera and flash on drones, all four controlled remotely.

windpig
Chopped liver
14,944 posts
Joined Dec 2008

Apr 14, 2014 13:35 |  #4072

mmmfotografie wrote in post #16833035 (external link)
What is next..drones to hold the camera and flash on drones, all four controlled remotely.

Great idea, combination rim light and wind machine.

flickr (external link)

mmmfotografie
2,114 posts
Joined Jul 2013

Apr 14, 2014 15:35 |  #4073

When using a wind machine you could also use a Sunbouncer as a kite to create a rim light.

Meddin ­ Studios
32 posts
Joined Aug 2013

Apr 14, 2014 18:21 |  #4074

So the CL-600 is the US Version of the Safari 2? Any ideas on the price? I can't believe I just threw down for 2 more ES-600P's and now these drop. I would have loved a revamped ES head with LED model light and all metal construction. Though, the ES head is great for handheld and honestly more compact and easier to use than even the 360's because you don't have to worry about plugging in the cable AND USB CL-Rx AND the bowens mount. Just toss on stand, click on modifier. Done.

How do these new 600 heads do with high speed? Any other notable features like faster refresh? Quicker stroboscopic mode? These are the same packs so I assume still 400+ full
Power pops on a charge?

dmward
Cream of the Crop
9,081 posts
Gallery: 29 photos
Joined Jun 2009

Apr 14, 2014 19:09 |  #4075

Looking at the spec sheet with the t.5 and t.1 durations it appears that these are voltage controlled power rather than IGBT. The means probably no H mode. Reasonably fast at full power put these probably won't be too useful for sports photographers.
My guess is, not having looked and compared, that the durations are similar to Quadra.

David | Sharing my Insights, Knowledge & Experience (external link) | dmwfotos website (external link)

abbadon31
Goldmember
4,937 posts
Joined Jul 2009

Apr 14, 2014 22:26 |  #4076

Meddin Studios wrote in post #16833742 (external link)
So the CL-600 is the US Version of the Safari 2? Any ideas on the price? I can't believe I just threw down for 2 more ES-600P's and now these drop. I would have loved a revamped ES head with LED model light and all metal construction. Though, the ES head is great for handheld and honestly more compact and easier to use than even the 360's because you don't have to worry about plugging in the cable AND USB CL-Rx AND the bowens mount. Just toss on stand, click on modifier. Done.

How do these new 600 heads do with high speed? Any other notable features like faster refresh? Quicker stroboscopic mode? These are the same packs so I assume still 400+ full
Power pops on a charge?

Its 1/32 to 1/1 the trigger will go to 1/128 but pack will not. Its will do 500 plus pops on a single charge. The recycle time is less then a 360 at full power using a 2 to one cable. No HSS No stroboscopic Its a portable strobe kit with max output 600ws. I rated it to be a little more around 500ws +. The price will be less then the 360 with more power, travel case, battery bag and trigger set which is a great value for a run and gun shooter that need to tame the sun.

I call it the quadra killer; do to more power, no special adapter, customer service, and a more reliable trigger system.

I AM SHOM

dmward
Cream of the Crop
9,081 posts
Gallery: 29 photos
Joined Jun 2009

Apr 15, 2014 00:16 |  #4077

abbadon31 wrote in post #16834270 (external link)
I call it the quadra killer; do to more power, no special adapter, customer service, and a more reliable trigger system.

Based on the specs and without seeing or using the light that sounds like a reasonable description. At the inferred price its a no brainer if you want to be outside shooting in the sun.

David | Sharing my Insights, Knowledge & Experience (external link) | dmwfotos website (external link)

Whortleberry
Goldmember
1,719 posts
Joined Dec 2011

Apr 15, 2014 17:19 |  #4078

mmmfotografie wrote in post #16835742 (external link)
Over here we are only allowed to carry flashguns.

Over here, we only need to carry flashguns ;)

Phil ǁ Kershaw Soho Reflex: 4¼" Ross Xpres, 6½" Aldis, Super XX/ABC Pyro in 24 DDS, HP3/Meritol Metol in RFH, Johnson 'Scales' brand flash powder. Kodak Duo Six-20/Verichrome Pan. Other odd bits over the decades, simply to get the job done - not merely to polish and brag about cos I'm too mean to buy the polish!
FlickR (external link) ◄► "The Other Yongnuo User Guide v4.12" by Clive Bolton (external link) ◄► UK Railway Photographs 1906-79 (external link)

abbadon31
Goldmember
4,937 posts
Joined Jul 2009

Apr 15, 2014 22:59 |  #4079

birrelln wrote in post #16829351 (external link)
Is the CL-600 plastic like the Xenergizer or is it metal like the Safari 2 Godox makes for Lencarta?

Thanks,
Nate

One thing I forgot to mention is Edward had them build a ringflash for the unit with a modeling lamp that will be an optional accessory for the CL-600.

I AM SHOM

Robsphoto
277 posts
Joined May 2011

Apr 15, 2014 23:57 |  #4080

Scott, will the existing remote triggers for the cl-180 and 360 work with the new Cl-600?

Happy Shooting:lol:

sponsored links

1,308,641 views & 272 likes for this thread
A New Bare Bulb Flash Arrives
FORUMS General Gear Talk Flash and Studio Lighting 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.