Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Astronomy & Celestial 
Thread started 10 Apr 2014 (Thursday) 20:58
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Grand Canyon at night.

FAST_Marine
387 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Jul 2009

Apr 10, 2014 20:58 |  #1

Maybe the wrong spot I'm not sure but it has stars in it. LOL

IMG NOTICE: [NOT AN IMAGE URL, NOT RENDERED INLINE]

Facebook (external link)
Flickr (external link)
My Web Site (external link)
A bunch of L Glass, Bunch of Canon SLR's, Canon Cinema Cameras, and a ton of stuff to use with them and carry it all.

sponsored links
NovaTJ
552 posts
Joined Jan 2009

Apr 10, 2014 21:28 |  #2

Very nice neighbor!

Astro-Tech 8" f/4 imaging Newtonian,Baader MPCC,Orion ED 80 APO F7.5,Skywatcher EQ-6 Pro,ASGT, Modified Canon 50D, Meade DSI Guide Camera, 8" SCT dovetail mounted relic, Criterion Dynascope RV-6, modified 300D, custom astro shed,and still just getting started!

FAST_Marine
THREAD ­ STARTER
387 posts
Joined Jul 2009

Apr 10, 2014 21:54 |  #3

Thanks neighbor.

Facebook (external link)
Flickr (external link)
A bunch of L Glass, Bunch of Canon SLR's, Canon Cinema Cameras, and a ton of stuff to use with them and carry it all.

catclaw
344 posts
Joined Apr 2014

Apr 11, 2014 00:08 |  #4
bannedPermanent ban

What was all that purple mess?

TriExposure (external link)

FAST_Marine
THREAD ­ STARTER
387 posts
Joined Jul 2009

Apr 11, 2014 00:25 |  #5

That purple mess is a Kick light I used to focus the camera so I could then shoot the stars. I added it intentionally and like how it turned out.

Facebook (external link)
Flickr (external link)

Jeff
Goldmember
1,457 posts
Joined Nov 2007

Apr 12, 2014 20:36 |  #6

1st one is really nice.

Jeff
70D | Tokina 12-24 | Tamron 17-50 f/2.8 | Canon 28-135 IS| 430EX
Astrophotograpy: QHY9M, Optolong LRGB filters, Meade 10" SCT, Orion EON 110mm APO, iOptron CEM60 to keep it all off the ground.
MY AIRPLANE PICS (external link) | MY ASTRO PICS (external link)

Reservoir ­ Dog
A Band Apart
3,375 posts
Gallery: 485 photos
Best ofs: 9
Joined Jan 2013

Apr 14, 2014 02:48 |  #7

FAST_Marine wrote in post #16825042 (external link)
Maybe the wrong spot ...//...

Not only the spot ...

150 Free online photos editing application (external link) / 100 Free Desktop Photo Editor Software (external link) / Free Photography eBooks (external link) / My photography blog (external link)

FAST_Marine
THREAD ­ STARTER
387 posts
Joined Jul 2009

Apr 14, 2014 14:08 |  #8

Reservoir Dog wrote in post #16831840 (external link)
Not only the spot ...

Not sure exactly what this means? Care to clarify?

Facebook (external link)
Flickr (external link)

Reservoir ­ Dog
A Band Apart
3,375 posts
Joined Jan 2013

Apr 17, 2014 21:50 |  #9

bamatt wrote in post #16835425 (external link)
He also might be saying "Not only the right spot, but I like them", but who knows.

Exactly, not only the right spot (only).

For people thinking that i'm a troll > If telling the true instead of always saying "yes it's nice, it's a wonderful pics" specially when the pics are bad, you call it "trolling", So, yes i am a troll who try to open some people's eyes, and why not make better photography if they listen.

First at all, the composition is totally out, 50/50 here make no sens, and most of all, there is nothing in these picture to keep my eyes in (no subject, etc ...).
You speak about stars and more than half of the picture are land.
The only one witch can be a bit interesting is the last one, but the trees are "glowing" due to the town's lights or to the post processing, the exposure was too long too, the stars have already some trails.
The second pic should go to the trash for me, frankly speaking, this purple mess is just ugly and make no sens giving a kind of "burned colors"

150 Free online photos editing application (external link) / 100 Free Desktop Photo Editor Software (external link) / Free Photography eBooks (external link) / My photography blog (external link)

bamatt
440 posts
Joined Jul 2007

Apr 18, 2014 12:37 as a reply to  @ Reservoir Dog's post |  #10

Not only are you a troll, you are also a first class jerk. The OP didn't ask to have his photos ripped apart. He said that HE liked the way the purple turned out and that is why he shared it. It is obvious that you only peruse these forums so you can tell other people how crappy you think their photos are.

:rolleyes:

60D / 10-22 / 24L II / 70-200 2.8L II

bamatt
440 posts
Joined Jul 2007

Apr 18, 2014 12:38 as a reply to  @ Reservoir Dog's post |  #11

Oh, and since we're on the subject of "trash"; your grammar is trash.

Have some medicine...

60D / 10-22 / 24L II / 70-200 2.8L II

Reservoir ­ Dog
A Band Apart
3,375 posts
Joined Jan 2013

Apr 18, 2014 19:01 |  #12

bamatt wrote in post #16843956 (external link)
Oh, and since we're on the subject of "trash"; your grammar is trash.

Have some medicine...

Having said that you should feel better now :D
Sure my grammar is trash, i'm still learning english witch is not my mother language (and not in a school) ...
BTW > The spelling/grammar is "the science of fools" it is essential to master to avoid appearing ignorant ( it's so true ) .
Have a nice day ;)

karobinson
Goldmember
1,236 posts
Gallery: 4 photos
Joined Feb 2008

Apr 18, 2014 19:08 |  #13

Except for the bugs....this is got to be one of the most beautiful places on earth.... great photos....

Ann Robinson:)
My Gear: bunch of stuff;....some I love ... some I hate ... some I can't live without..loving my 5d3...

FAST_Marine
THREAD ­ STARTER
387 posts
Joined Jul 2009

Apr 20, 2014 12:42 |  #14

TY for the feedback to all who responded, even to you Reservoir Dog.

Even though I believe you to be a product of the connected world, and someone who enjoys the anonymity of the internet to spew forth sarcasm and malice sense had this been twenty years ago, you would have sat quietly in a corner saying things in your head, because then there was no capability to be a rash pompous ass without repercussions. I will take your comments and feedback as a learning experience. I am not a Landscape Photographer, nor am I an Astro Photographer, however i do enjoy taking pictures of things beyond my comfort area of photography. Im sure if you walked into a war zone and picked up a camera and tried to shoot great pictures of combat you would fall well short of telling a story with your images, since thats not your field of photography. I would still appreciate and admire a level of professionalism and humility at taking a chance on something you don't know how to shoot well and put it out there for the world to see and critique. Being someone who works in both video and photography and being color tone blind, I have learned to take all criticism in all forms and learn and better myself from it.

Good luck luck with mastering English. I am an American by birth, however growing up in England and Japan, and having learned the Queens Engrish after having first learned Japanese, I can understand how hard it can be to master. I still struggle to write it well 38 years later.

I will be posting more crappy landscape photos on my website this evening for those who wish to look, and while your there feel free to look at the things I'm posting that are not so crappy.

Facebook (external link)
Flickr (external link)

jkim3381
142 posts
Joined Oct 2011

Apr 22, 2014 15:45 |  #15

What time of year did you shoot this? When I went this past summer, I couldn't see that many stars.

sponsored links

3,365 views & 0 likes for this thread
Grand Canyon at night.
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Astronomy & Celestial 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.