Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos Presentation & Building Galleries 
Thread started 27 Apr 2014 (Sunday) 09:51
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Limit of 2 Pictures per Post or More

Bogino
472 posts
Gallery: 29 photos
Joined Sep 2011

Apr 27, 2014 09:51 |  #1

I thought that there is a limit of 2 images per post on the forums. I know when I go to "upload" pictures seems like the max. I can do is 2 images. And yet I also see boatloads of posts where members are posting far more than 2 images in a single thread. What am I missing here? I'd like to post 6 - 8 images of NYC from a trip I just took but is that possible? Thx.

Canon 7D Mark II; Canon 70-300mm "L"; Canon 100mm Macro; Tamron 24-70mm; Tokina 11-16mm 2.8

sponsored links
flowrider
Goldmember
3,571 posts
Gallery: 124 photos
Best ofs: 6
Joined Dec 2009

Apr 27, 2014 10:03 |  #2

You can attach only 2 images but if you host your photos somewhere else like Flickr, then you cna post 8 until some asks to see more.

~Steve~
~ My Website-stevelowephoto.com (external link) ~ Facebook (external link)
Feedback Feedback Feedback

Bogino
THREAD ­ STARTER
472 posts
Gallery: 29 photos
Joined Sep 2011

Apr 27, 2014 10:08 as a reply to  @ flowrider's post |  #3

So if I'm hosting on SmugMug I can show more than 2 images?

Canon 7D Mark II; Canon 70-300mm "L"; Canon 100mm Macro; Tamron 24-70mm; Tokina 11-16mm 2.8

sandpiper
Cream of the Crop
7,170 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Aug 2006

Apr 27, 2014 11:40 |  #4

Bogino wrote in post #16864674 (external link)
So if I'm hosting on SmugMug I can show more than 2 images?

Yes, you can show up to 8.

The full image posting rules are shown here:

https://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthre​ad.php?t=194511

PhotosGuy
75,580 posts
Gallery: 8 photos
Joined Feb 2004

May 22, 2014 23:30 |  #5

In the "Share" areas IMAGE POSTING RULES specifically state: "Do not use the forum as your image gallery, post only the best of the best and link to the rest."
This means we allow 2 attachments by the OP per thread, OR 8 embedded (linked) images, OR a combination of 2 attachments + 6 embedded (linked) images, totaling 8 per thread. (Maximum 1280 pixels on any side.) You can always just post a link to more, though, or better yet, post a link to a gallery so we don't have to click on each image link.
Some exceptions are group threads, like "Show Me...", "Post your best...", equipment reviews, Tutorials, etc.
You may add a few additional photos if requested, but only in a reply to other member's post and request.

FrankC - 20D, RAW, Manual everything...
Classic Carz, Racing, Air Show, Flowers.
Find the light... A few Car Lighting Tips, and MOVE YOUR FEET!
Have you thought about making your own book? // Need an exposure crutch?
New Image Size Limits: Image must not exceed 1600 pixels on any side.

Snafoo
Goldmember
1,431 posts
Gallery: 92 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined Feb 2011

May 25, 2014 08:10 |  #6

This is kind of a pet peeve of mine. The 8 post limit is often ignored in the Urban and Travel forum, which I'm sure is caused by the OP having been enchanted by the beauty of whatever exotic locale they've just visited. I get that, but for someone who's not invested in their personal experiences, it's annoying to have to wade through 25 or more of someone else's memories. That's what links to personal websites are for.

Off my rant now....

http://www.jonstot.com​/ (external link)

PhotosGuy
75,580 posts
Gallery: 8 photos
Joined Feb 2004

May 25, 2014 09:18 |  #7

Snafoo wrote in post #16928639 (external link)
The 8 post limit is often ignored in the Urban and Travel forum,

That will be automatically fixed when we get the new forum sortware. For now, use the "Report Post"

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'text/html'
at the left of the post, state your request or describe the problem, & the first mod to see it will take care of it.

FrankC - 20D, RAW, Manual everything...
Classic Carz, Racing, Air Show, Flowers.
Find the light... A few Car Lighting Tips, and MOVE YOUR FEET!
Have you thought about making your own book? // Need an exposure crutch?
New Image Size Limits: Image must not exceed 1600 pixels on any side.

drvnbysound
Goldmember
3,316 posts
Joined Aug 2009

May 26, 2014 07:28 |  #8

Snafoo wrote in post #16928639 (external link)
This is kind of a pet peeve of mine. The 8 post limit is often ignored in the Urban and Travel forum, which I'm sure is caused by the OP having been enchanted by the beauty of whatever exotic locale they've just visited. I get that, but for someone who's not invested in their personal experiences, it's annoying to have to wade through 25 or more of someone else's memories. That's what links to personal websites are for.

Off my rant now....

Do you really have to wade through 25 or more pictures, or are you choosing to do so?

The forum rule is clear, but I've never understood the reason for 8 per thread, when there are SOO many threads with more than 8. Eight photos per post makes more sense to me... Let's say that I want to post 12 pictures of my vacation to Hawaii; to follow the forum rules, would it make sense for me to post 8 in one thread, and create a completely separate thread for the other 4?

I use manual exposure settings on the copy machine
..::Gear Listing::.. --==Feedback==--
...A few umbrella brackets I own...

Snafoo
Goldmember
1,431 posts
Gallery: 92 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined Feb 2011

May 26, 2014 10:58 |  #9

drvnbysound wrote in post #16930762 (external link)
Do you really have to wade through 25 or more pictures, or are you choosing to do so?

The forum rule is clear, but I've never understood the reason for 8 per thread, when there are SOO many threads with more than 8. Eight photos per post makes more sense to me... Let's say that I want to post 12 pictures of my vacation to Hawaii; to follow the forum rules, would it make sense for me to post 8 in one thread, and create a completely separate thread for the other 4?

I think you know what I meant. And yes, I do have to scroll through the whole lot - sometimes several pages of them - if I want to read the posts that follow (discourse being the whole point of a forum).

Re: Hawaii vacation pictures, here's a thought: pick the eight best and leave it at that. If someone wants to see more, then the OP can direct them to their website, or post a few more on request. That's how the rules are stated. Is it that hard to select the 8 best? I have 10s of thousands of photos and I can easily pick my favorite 10, or 8 - or 1. Doesn't seem too much to ask.

And chaining multiple threads to bypass the rules would just be too confusing.

http://www.jonstot.com​/ (external link)

drvnbysound
Goldmember
3,316 posts
Joined Aug 2009

May 27, 2014 03:54 |  #10

I understand exactly what you are suggesting, but it's obvious that the masses don't...

I use manual exposure settings on the copy machine
..::Gear Listing::.. --==Feedback==--
...A few umbrella brackets I own...

sponsored links

1,185 views & 0 likes for this thread
Limit of 2 Pictures per Post or More
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos Presentation & Building Galleries 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.