Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
Thread started 29 Nov 2013 (Friday) 01:15
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Need help with a very quality backpack

sawsedge
802 posts
Gallery: 7 photos
Joined Dec 2011

Dec 11, 2013 12:48 |  #31

My favorite backpack (in foliage green): https://shop.fstopgear​.com …ntain/backpacks​/loka.html (external link)

- John

sponsored links
Andrushka
"all warm and fuzzy"
3,735 posts
Joined Oct 2007

Dec 11, 2013 14:29 |  #32

I've been using the Mountainsmith Parralax (external link) for over a year.

I've taken it overseas several times and countless times to local shoots (lots at the beach) and with no effort it still looks like the day after the day I got it.

I love this bag. Its functional, comfortable with padding in all the right places, great lumbar strap, easily fits my thick 16" Sony Vaio & external HD in the front. Somehow it is not so "visually" large, as it has never caused me issues when flying, despite the fact it can easily be filled double the weight limit for carry-on.

It fits my 2x 5DII - 35L - 135L - 200 2.8L - 2x 580ex for weddings or go the other way with 2x bodies - 400 5.6 - 300 f/4 IS - 200 2.8 - and a smaller lens or 2

Definitely worth a look. I sold my Think Tank Airport Antidote after getting this bag. I definitely have been won over by the rear opening backpacks.

http://www.paradigmpho​tographyoc.com (external link)

light_pilgrim
THREAD ­ STARTER
922 posts
Gallery: 23 photos
Best ofs: 9
Joined Jan 2012

Dec 13, 2013 02:20 |  #33

LOVE everything about the Kata BUG 255 UL except for the rubber harness system which I HATE. I will probably need to return this backpack....why on Earth Kata came up with this harness system made or rubber? How unpractical...........​....can't believe. Anybody has any opinion on this?

www.lightpilgrim.com (external link) ||1x.com (external link) ||500px.com (external link)

treck_dialect
689 posts
Joined Jul 2010

Dec 13, 2013 07:44 |  #34

The Incase DSLR Pro Pack should fit your gear. It fits my 70-200 f/2.8 II mounted on a 7d, 10-22 mounted on a 70d, 24-105, 50mm f/1.8, 580exII, 13" MBA, ipad mini and other miscellaneous stuff.

well hello
http://aleccorpuz.word​press.com/ (external link)
Flickr (external link)

light_pilgrim
THREAD ­ STARTER
922 posts
Joined Jan 2012

Dec 15, 2013 12:25 |  #35

Folks, anybody of you have any experience with the rubber shoulder straps of Kata bags? Why did they go this way? So weird....anybody has any problems with this?

www.lightpilgrim.com (external link) ||1x.com (external link) ||500px.com (external link)

Savethemoment
488 posts
Gallery: 5 photos
Joined Jun 2012

Dec 15, 2013 16:09 |  #36

light_pilgrim wrote in post #16529229 (external link)
Folks, anybody of you have any experience with the rubber shoulder straps of Kata bags? Why did they go this way? So weird....anybody has any problems with this?

I think they're great, comfortable. What don't you like about them?

Always learning
Always looking for the good light

Rainyday
Goldmember
1,129 posts
Gallery: 10 photos
Joined Aug 2005

Dec 17, 2013 11:22 |  #37

ZombiesAreComing wrote in post #16516183 (external link)
I use lowerpro Aw trekker perfect for me and traveling. Doubles as a diaper bag :)

+1. You can stuff anything into this bag, it lasts forever and is very ergonomic. I have one and love it.

light_pilgrim
THREAD ­ STARTER
922 posts
Joined Jan 2012

Dec 18, 2013 04:06 |  #38

I checked the Lowepro Trekker 300 AW. I think I like the design and ergonomics a bit less that Kata BUG 255 UL. But I HATE the rubber shoulder straps that Kata has. Just cannot believe how they could do something like this...............

I will likely return Kata and get the Trekker from Lowepro. Do not feel good about it, because KATA is great in everything else except for rubber shoulder straps.

Conradebner
412 posts
Gallery: 151 photos
Joined Jun 2012

Apr 27, 2014 10:41 |  #39

http://www.kata-bags.com/multipro-120-pl-backpack (external link)

I love my bag. The straps being rubber ensure that the bag won't slide off your shoulder if you have it one one shoulder and gives a tad of cushion when you have it on both!

1DX, 70-200 2.8L IS II, 24-70 2.8L, 300 2.8L IS, 200 2.8L, 7D, 40D, 100 2.8 Macro, 580EX II
Www.IE3photo.com (external link)

lgndracer
42 posts
Joined Jun 2010

Apr 27, 2014 11:28 |  #40

Surprised the Thinktank suggestions were just blown right by in this thread. After many different backpacks, I ended up with a StreetWalker Pro (I have a gripped 7D).

To echo the others, absolutely top notch quality and great service. I would highly recommend looking at them as an option.

CincyTriGuy
567 posts
Joined Nov 2011

Apr 27, 2014 20:32 |  #41

lgndracer wrote in post #16864825 (external link)
Surprised the Thinktank suggestions were just blown right by in this thread. After many different backpacks, I ended up with a StreetWalker Pro (I have a gripped 7D).

To echo the others, absolutely top notch quality and great service. I would highly recommend looking at them as an option.

Yeah that surprises me as well. ThinkTank is pretty much the gold standard for high quality bags.

Jason
Canon 1DX Mark II | 16-35 f/2.8L | 24-105 f/4L | 50 f/1.4 | 85 f/1.8 | 70-200 f/2.8L

light_pilgrim
THREAD ­ STARTER
922 posts
Joined Jan 2012

Apr 28, 2014 05:43 |  #42

I went for F-Stop Loka and it is hard to imagine that there are better options, it is phenomenal. Not perfect, but very-very good and is perfect for adventure photographers.

kforde
220 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Mar 2009

Apr 28, 2014 06:51 |  #43

F-Stop Loka or Dakine Sequence. Both excellent, but F-stop every day of the week. Go to fstopgear.com and you will answer all your problems. Yes, pricey, yes often out of stock and difficult to get, yes the best outdoor oriented backpack out there.

Kf
"There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs" - Ansel Adams

rdwalton
153 posts
Joined Dec 2009

Apr 28, 2014 07:03 as a reply to  @ kforde's post |  #44

I use Click Elite backpacks...

http://clikelite.com …oduct-category/backpacks/ (external link)

Reginald D. Walton | GEAR | Smugmugexternal link

Lyle ­ Krannichfeld
397 posts
Gallery: 7 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Nov 2009

Apr 29, 2014 00:42 |  #45

I love Thinktank but their backpacks just don't appeal to me.

Incidentally, I asked F-Stop about availability on their small micro ICU and they said 'late summer'. How on earth does THAT happen?

Fine Art Landscape/Wildlife Photographer on Maui: INSTAGRAM (external link) FACEBOOK (external link)
Tonga tours to swim with the Humpbacks: AUMAKUA TOURS (external link)
Sony A7R III, 12-24G, 16-35GM, 50 1.4ZA, 85 1.4GM
DJI Inspire 2 with X7 and 16, 24, 35, 50

sponsored links

7,448 views & 0 likes for this thread
Need help with a very quality backpack
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.