Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS General Gear Talk Camera Bags, Backpacks & Cases 
Thread started 16 Aug 2012 (Thursday) 18:10
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Luma Cinch fanboys...show me what you got!

Moonshiner
678 posts
Joined Jul 2013

Apr 27, 2014 08:30 |  #1441

Hrm......... Could it be all this time and I never knew? Wouldn't be the first time that I was completely oblivious...

Thanks for the heads up...

sponsored links
v35skyline
Goldmember
3,572 posts
Joined Apr 2007

Apr 27, 2014 08:34 |  #1442

Yes. Works with my Markins lever clamp and all my screw clamps.

Our plate is made of the same carbon-ceramic Lumidium that our Cinch sliders are made of and its dovetail is sized to the unofficial standard for Acra-compatible plates. Its overall dimensions are 2.39in (6.07cm) by 1.54in (3.91cm) and it is 0.39in (1cm) thick. We validated our design by testing with clamps from a variety of makers, including Really Right Stuff, Acratech, and Kirk. In addition, our plate can be fitted with two small stop screws (supplied) for clamps that support them.

X100s | X-Pro1 | X-T1 | XF 14 | XF 18 | XF 35 | XF 56 | XF 60 | XF 10-24
Gear List & Feedback

Moonshiner
678 posts
Joined Jul 2013

Apr 27, 2014 08:37 |  #1443

I just looked... It's not compatible with my crappy tripod heads... Looks like I have one more thing to add to my shopping list!!

v35skyline
Goldmember
3,572 posts
Joined Apr 2007

Apr 27, 2014 08:47 |  #1444

An Arca Swiss clamp? :)

Gear List & Feedback

Moonshiner
678 posts
Joined Jul 2013

Apr 27, 2014 08:52 |  #1445

Yessir... That's what I need...

gnome ­ chompski
Goldmember
1,252 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Jun 2013

Apr 30, 2014 12:22 |  #1446

So Greg,
would this new Luma-Sling be way overkill for a lightweight Fuji x100s? I have decided I want a sling for fast up/down action. I refuse to buy a Black Rapid, although i am currently using my old BR...

What I am having trouble visualizing with the pics you posted of the hardware is its size because Im not familiar with the body you have it mounted to in the pics above.

Tumblr (external link)
Flickr (external link)
Instagram (external link)

xeodragon
287 posts
Joined Aug 2011

Apr 30, 2014 19:21 |  #1447

Haven't been on this board in quite awhile but came in to check in with the Luma thread to see any product updates. I was not disappointed! Also curious about the new Loop's use in m4/3 cameras.

gakoenig
427 posts
Joined Feb 2010

May 01, 2014 15:56 |  #1448

would this new Luma-Sling be way overkill for a lightweight Fuji x100s? I have decided I want a sling for fast up/down action. I refuse to buy a Black Rapid, although i am currently using my old BR...

The marketing side of me wants to say "Yes, the Loop 3 is the perfect strap for smaller cameras!"

The honest answer is that *I* feel it's a bit overkill on my Fuji X100s. Most of our beta testers disagree and are running Loop 3s on their Sony FF compacts and Fuji X cameras and loving it.

My view is that the small cameras are really intimate and a lot of strappage subtracts from this. In fact, I just ordered a couple of hides from Horween this morning with the intention of making the Loop out of very simple half inch leather strips, cut to the user's size and with relatively limited adjustment to keep things as stripped down and minimalist as possible for my X100s. If it works, we'll make it the Mini Loop or some other such permutation.

And an FYI: The Loop 3 is mostly ready to go and is in production. We had a fascinating (when not maddening) issue where the bar-stock we made the thumb screws out of had some funky material defect inside of it. We machined a few hundred of them and they looked perfect - until these bizarre swirl marks showed up in anodizing. Nobody in our supply chain - machine shop, anodizer or the material supplier (ThissenKrup) has seen 6061-T6 do this funky thing before, so we're figuring it out now.

http://lu.ma (external link), greg@luma-labs.com (external link)

jlt23
443 posts
Joined May 2010

May 05, 2014 01:12 |  #1449

Anyone use a RRS B2-FABN clamp with a cinch for quick release? It looks like it would work.

James

Phoenixkh
a mere speck
6,840 posts
Gallery: 67 photos
Joined May 2011

May 05, 2014 08:19 |  #1450

jlt23 wrote in post #16882706 (external link)
Anyone use a RRS B2-FABN clamp with a cinch for quick release? It looks like it would work.

That's what I use and I love it. I also put one on my wife's SL1. With the 15-85 lens, her camera is heavy enough to make good use of the Cinch 2.

The clamp holds well, doesn't loosen up but come off easily for use on my tripod or monopod. For me, it's the perfect solution. I've tried a variety of other options using the Optech utility straps but I prefer the RRS B2-FABN because there are no little things hanging off the camera. Is it expensive? Yeah, but you only spend the money once and use it for a lifetime.

Kim (the male variety) Canon 1DX2 | 1D IV | 16-35 f/4 IS | 24-105 f/4 IS | 100L IS macro | 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II | 100-400Lii | 50 f/1.8 STM | Canon 1.4X III
RRS tripod and monopod | 580EXII | Cinch 1 & Loop 3 Special Edition | Editing Encouraged

jlt23
443 posts
Joined May 2010

May 05, 2014 10:39 |  #1451

Phoenixkh wrote in post #16883111 (external link)
That's what I use and I love it. I also put one on my wife's SL1. With the 15-85 lens, her camera is heavy enough to make good use of the Cinch 2.

The clamp holds well, doesn't loosen up but come off easily for use on my tripod or monopod. For me, it's the perfect solution. I've tried a variety of other options using the Optech utility straps but I prefer the RRS B2-FABN because there are no little things hanging off the camera. Is it expensive? Yeah, but you only spend the money once and use it for a lifetime.

Good to hear. I actually have two of those clamps being delivered.;) Thanks for your feedback.

James

side1021
Hatchling
5 posts
Joined Sep 2010

May 06, 2014 16:08 |  #1452

Just bought a cinch basic. The reason I didn't get a membrane or plate is because my Photoclam plate already have 2 strap holes on each side. I hope the cinch strap will fit in these 2 strap holes. Can't wait to try it on!

DarthVader
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
6,508 posts
Joined Apr 2008

Jun 08, 2014 15:20 |  #1453

Haven't seen any Cinch pictures lately....post them fanboys :lol:

Nikon/Fuji.
Gear is important but skills are very important :)

v35skyline
Goldmember
3,572 posts
Joined Apr 2007

Jun 23, 2014 20:26 |  #1454

gakoenig wrote in post #16875493 (external link)
And an FYI: The Loop 3 is mostly ready to go and is in production. We had a fascinating (when not maddening) issue where the bar-stock we made the thumb screws out of had some funky material defect inside of it. We machined a few hundred of them and they looked perfect - until these bizarre swirl marks showed up in anodizing. Nobody in our supply chain - machine shop, anodizer or the material supplier (ThissenKrup) has seen 6061-T6 do this funky thing before, so we're figuring it out now.

Itching for a new strap for my Fuji X cameras. Updates? :)

Gear List & Feedback

Jon
Cream of the Crop
69,628 posts
Joined Jun 2004

Jun 24, 2014 09:01 |  #1455

v35skyline wrote in post #16990521 (external link)
Itching for a new strap for my Fuji X cameras. Updates? :)

Contact him directly. His email is in his sig.

Jon
----------
Cocker Spaniels
Maryland and Virginia activities
Image Posting Rules and Image Posting FAQ
Report SPAM, Don't Answer It! (link)
PERSONAL MESSAGING REGARDING SELLING OR BUYING ITEMS WITH MEMBERS WHO HAVE NO POSTS IN FORUMS AND/OR WHO YOU DO NOT KNOW FROM FORUMS IS HEREBY DECLARED STRICTLY STUPID AND YOU WILL GET BURNED.
PAYPAL GIFT NO LONGER ALLOWED HERE

sponsored links

275,937 views & 0 likes for this thread
Luma Cinch fanboys...show me what you got!
FORUMS General Gear Talk Camera Bags, Backpacks & Cases 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.