Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
Thread started 26 Apr 2014 (Saturday) 00:37
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Canon Refurbished Sale – 15% Off Lenses, Speedlites STARTING 4/26 to 5/12

youngr
THREAD ­ STARTER
70 posts
Joined Apr 2014

Apr 30, 2014 15:18 |  #61

KHAWACHEN wrote in post #16873021 (external link)
I'm wondering if they will ship me "newer" date code? and if the lens will come with the "newer" canon pinch cap?

Same here. I just went ahead and order the newer cap "just in case". They are only $7.

sponsored links
dennisgibson
390 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Apr 30, 2014 15:49 |  #62

100-400 in stock.

jbtito
74 posts
Joined Jun 2006

Apr 30, 2014 16:12 |  #63

dennisgibson wrote in post #16873135 (external link)
100-400 in stock��.

Gone now.

Canon 5D Mark II, Canon 24-70mm 2.8L, Canon 24-105mm f4L, Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II, Canon 300mm F4L IS, Canon 50mm 1.8 II, Canon 580EX

randhail
88 posts
Joined Oct 2008

Apr 30, 2014 18:18 |  #64

I'm wondering if they will ship me "newer" date code? and if the lens will come with the "newer" canon pinch cap?

Got my 135 today with UB date code and the pinch cap.

Invertalon
Cream of the Crop
6,495 posts
Joined Jun 2009

Apr 30, 2014 19:20 |  #65

Received my 35 f/2 IS today as well... New pinch cap and all.

Front lens element had markings all over it. I thought some were scratches, but after some cleaning the front element is perfectly fine. Now I just need to get a $15 hood on amazon.

-Steve
Facebook (external link)
Flickr (external link)

spotz04
Goldmember
1,971 posts
Gallery: 4 photos
Joined Mar 2010

May 01, 2014 01:22 |  #66

KHAWACHEN wrote in post #16872653 (external link)
Just got shipped email notification. Yay ! : )

Congrats!

Did you get an email from CPW that the 135L was back in stock? There's not even a "notify" option on Canon's site so just wondering how you managed to order it a second time. I never got a notice from CPW that it came back in stock. Usually CPW is good on that front. Weird.

mickeyb105
Goldmember
2,537 posts
Gallery: 397 photos
Joined Dec 2011

May 01, 2014 08:05 |  #67

I'm glad you were finally able to snag a 135L. I would be shocked if you got an old lens cap, and I've got to say, the new pinch caps are a nice improvement over the older 72mm cap that came with my 200 2.8 ii.

Sony A99ii, RX-100ii, Sonnar T* 135mm f1.8 ZA, Planar T* 50mm F1.4 ZA, 24mm f/2 SSM Distagon T*, Minolta HS 200 2.8 APO, Minolta 2xTC APO, HVL-F43M
Flickr (external link)

PhotoPrice
180 posts
Joined Jun 2008

May 01, 2014 08:10 |  #68

spotz04 wrote in post #16874161 (external link)
Did you get an email from CPW that the 135L was back in stock? There's not even a "notify" option on Canon's site so just wondering how you managed to order it a second time. I never got a notice from CPW that it came back in stock. Usually CPW is good on that front. Weird.

That lens has never gone out of stock:

http://shop.usa.canon.​com/shop/en/catalog/30​6913 (external link)

Therefore you didn't get a new notice about it. :)

dgrPhotos
Cream of the Crop
7,501 posts
Gallery: 38 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Apr 2011

May 01, 2014 08:35 |  #69

PhotoPrice wrote in post #16874564 (external link)

I saw the link on CPW. It won't "add to cart". Is there a trick to it?

KHAWACHEN
Goldmember
1,187 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Dec 2011

May 01, 2014 09:51 |  #70

spotz04 wrote in post #16874161 (external link)
Congrats!

Therefore you didn't get a new notice about it.

I was on computer when i first got the very first alert from CPW friday night. Right away within seconds, or minutes i ordered it via web. Checked the next day (Sat morning), it was still saying In-Stock on CPW and on Canon page. I later checked and sure enough, pretty sure it went OOS as listed on CPW and Canon page.

Monday comes, no shipped email, called Caonon Monday night and found out that my payment got declined on Monday night.

I gave up on getting refurb 135L and just happen to check on CPW, it said it was back in-stock. Checked Canon page and confirmed it. Didn't want to take chance so I opened a chat session and later talked on the phone to place my order.
While placing the order, the CS rep said it went out of stock again...but since i had it in my cart, she thought it might be holding it. So went ahead and placed the order. Worst case, she said once she process the payment and it goes through, that means it is in stock. Pmt went through and got confirmation email. Next day got shipped confirmation.

dgrPhotos wrote in post #16874611 (external link)
I saw the link on CPW. It won't "add to cart". Is there a trick to it?

I think the best thing to do is to just call them.

mickeyb105 wrote in post #16874552 (external link)
I'm glad you were finally able to snag a 135L. I would be shocked if you got an old lens cap, and I've got to say, the new pinch caps are a nice improvement over the older 72mm cap that came with my 200 2.8 ii.

fingers crossed! : )

randhail wrote in post #16873500 (external link)
Got my 135 today with UB date code and the pinch cap.

Invertalon wrote in post #16873603 (external link)
Received my 35 f/2 IS today as well... New pinch cap and all.

Front lens element had markings all over it. I thought some were scratches, but after some cleaning the front element is perfectly fine. Now I just need to get a $15 hood on amazon.

spotz04
Goldmember
1,971 posts
Joined Mar 2010

May 01, 2014 10:42 |  #71

I called CS earlier this week asking why the lens is listed as "in stock", while referring to that link, but won't add to my cart. She said that's an old link that was generated when it was in stock. She said the lens is not in stock. The big long listing of all the refurbs does not include that lens, which she said means it's not in stock. Glitch in CPW system or Canon's?

PhotoPrice
180 posts
Joined Jun 2008

May 01, 2014 10:56 |  #72

spotz04 wrote in post #16874877 (external link)
I called CS earlier this week asking why the lens is listed as "in stock", while referring to that link, but won't add to my cart. She said that's an old link that was generated when it was in stock. She said the lens is not in stock. The big long listing of all the refurbs does not include that lens, which she said means it's not in stock. Glitch in CPW system or Canon's?

Glitch in Canon's.

Actually, it's a poor implementation of a restriction intended to prevent orders of certain lenses.

That lens is actually in-stock according to their inventory system. Some people have been able to successfully order it. It's just "not available" for purchase. There is a bug that allows the lens to still be ordered under certain conditions, and people report that their order ships successfully (mostly) when ordered.

dgrPhotos
Cream of the Crop
7,501 posts
Gallery: 38 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Apr 2011

May 01, 2014 10:58 |  #73

It's almost like begging Canon to take your money. :lol:

spotz04
Goldmember
1,971 posts
Joined Mar 2010

May 01, 2014 11:10 |  #74

PhotoPrice wrote in post #16874902 (external link)
Glitch in Canon's.

Actually, it's a poor implementation of a restriction intended to prevent orders of certain lenses.

That lens is actually in-stock according to their inventory system. Some people have been able to successfully order it. It's just "not available" for purchase. There is a bug that allows the lens to still be ordered under certain conditions, and people report that their order ships successfully (mostly) when ordered.

I just tried ordering the lens again over the phone. Told the woman I've been trying to buy it all week since it's listed as "in stock". The woman had me on hold for five minutes while she double checked stock (said she called some other department). They said no stock. I argued their site say in stock so they should sell me that lens. Long story short, this lens is not available to purchase (at the moment). I told them they need to fix their web site so they're not wasting people's time offering lenses which aren't available.

spotz04
Goldmember
1,971 posts
Joined Mar 2010

May 01, 2014 11:13 |  #75

dgrPhotos wrote in post #16874904 (external link)
It's almost like begging Canon to take your money. :lol:

Un-freaking-believable what we have to go through to buy something on sale. We're hopeless! :lol:

sponsored links

11,917 views & 0 likes for this thread
Canon Refurbished Sale – 15% Off Lenses, Speedlites STARTING 4/26 to 5/12
FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.