Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
Thread started 07 May 2014 (Wednesday) 13:22
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

HELP with Canon Battery Charger

Whortleberry
Goldmember
1,719 posts
Joined Dec 2011

May 08, 2014 12:18 |  #16

At the end of March 2014, I bought a replacement Delkin Universal Dual charger from Morrisphoto (UK). I also got a pair of LP-E6 plates, this time from Hamkes Photo Video via Amazon.co.uk. (I stupidly lost the previous charger somewhere). So they were both available a month ago, in the UK.

One thing I have noticed with the replacement Delkin - the replacement doesn't always kick the shutter count on the battery info back to zero after a full charge. Hit & miss - I can live with that for the sheer convenience though.

I too wondered if it had been discontinued; it's certainly falling into the rocking horse effluent/hens teeth category at present. Shame if it's gone, a very neat and useful charger and I still have my AA plate and the one for my NB-7L (phew!). Worth hunting round for a pair of LP-E6 plates in my opinion, especially if you run multiple cameras and/or battery grips.

Try Amazon.co.uk (external link) and, surprise surprise,Amazon.co.uk (external link) for the plates.

Phil ǁ Kershaw Soho Reflex: 4¼" Ross Xpres, 6½" Aldis, Super XX/ABC Pyro in 24 DDS, HP3/Meritol Metol in RFH, Johnson 'Scales' brand flash powder. Kodak Duo Six-20/Verichrome Pan. Other odd bits over the decades, simply to get the job done - not merely to polish and brag about cos I'm too mean to buy the polish!
FlickR (external link) ◄► "The Other Yongnuo User Guide v4.12" by Clive Bolton (external link) ◄► UK Railway Photographs 1906-79 (external link)

sponsored links
bogeybrown
THREAD ­ STARTER
86 posts
Joined Apr 2014

May 08, 2014 12:22 as a reply to  @ Whortleberry's post |  #17

Thanks.

I've found that Amazon.uk has a LOT of things I can't find in the U.S. The trick is getting them shipped over here which has seemed to be a no-go on the items I've attempted in the past.

Whortleberry
Goldmember
1,719 posts
Joined Dec 2011

May 08, 2014 14:52 |  #18

I've had the reverse situation on occasion, stuff on Amazon.com just isn't available on Amazon.co.uk. (Or, a few moments ago, a rather marked difference in price - new Pelican 1519 lid organiser on Amazon.com US$19.99 - same new thing on Amazon.co.uk US$57.12 [equivalent].)
Sometimes unavailability is because the vendor won't ship to UK (or US in your case). However, something which has worked a couple of times (ie. always worth at least trying) goes along the lines of:

1. Find the item you want on Amazon.co.uk
  2. Make a note of EXACT letter-for-letter description - which isn't necessarily quite what you searched for. Being totally specific seems to matter to Amazon's search engine
  3. Make a note of the ASIN number (it's down the bottom, among the "Description" details).
  4. Try searching Amazon.com with each of those criteria in turn.

Now it only works sometimes but given the cost of trying (nowt, as we say in Yorkshire), it's worth having a go. Sometimes you get weird and wonderful results and can't fathom out how on earth there's any connection between what you searched for and what you saw. But it does work on occasion.

Otherwise it's one of those "Aw, shucks"** moments
** (cleaned up very considerably as I don't want to get a bad reputation)
;)

Phil ǁ Kershaw Soho Reflex: 4¼" Ross Xpres, 6½" Aldis, Super XX/ABC Pyro in 24 DDS, HP3/Meritol Metol in RFH, Johnson 'Scales' brand flash powder. Kodak Duo Six-20/Verichrome Pan. Other odd bits over the decades, simply to get the job done - not merely to polish and brag about cos I'm too mean to buy the polish!
FlickR (external link) ◄► "The Other Yongnuo User Guide v4.12" by Clive Bolton (external link) ◄► UK Railway Photographs 1906-79 (external link)

bogeybrown
THREAD ­ STARTER
86 posts
Joined Apr 2014

May 08, 2014 14:58 as a reply to  @ Whortleberry's post |  #19

Thanks for the tip.

Most recently the Kata bag I was hunting was unavailable in the U.S. but was available in the U.K. I'd considered having a mate of mine get it and ship it over, but the timing would have been tight.

You're right about the prices though. I figured with the exchange rate the U.K. price would be adjusted accordingly, but items that were $200 in the U.S. were listed at 200 quid there. With the exchange these days that is madness.

Whortleberry
Goldmember
1,719 posts
Joined Dec 2011

May 08, 2014 18:34 |  #20

bogeybrown wrote in post #16890977 (external link)
Thanks for the tip.

Most recently the Kata bag I was hunting was unavailable in the U.S. but was available in the U.K. I'd considered having a mate of mine get it and ship it over, but the timing would have been tight.

You're right about the prices though. I figured with the exchange rate the U.K. price would be adjusted accordingly, but items that were $200 in the U.S. were listed at 200 quid there. With the exchange these days that is madness.

It's been that way since the 1960s when the exchange rate was GBP £1 bought US $4. The really galling thing back then was that Ilford mono printing paper, made at that time just outside London, was cheaper in the USA than in London.

Don't rely on fast postage to or from the UK. I recently had something travel from Seoul, Korea to London Heathrow in 29 hours then take 8 days to come that last 168 miles. If they'd thrown it out of the door at Heathrow International Distribution Centre it'd have blown here faster. Similarly, post from me to Dublin (202 miles) now takes a regular 8 days - 80 years ago it was an overnight service, 2 at the most. So really, don't rely on anything that Royal Snail touches to get to you in time. Order early for Xmas!! Or use Fedex/UPS/DHL and pay.

bogeybrown
THREAD ­ STARTER
86 posts
Joined Apr 2014

May 09, 2014 02:54 as a reply to  @ Whortleberry's post |  #21

WOW, very old memories indeed hearing the name Ilford Mono.

My father, grandfather, and Uncle all worked in the commercial printing, photography/ photo-processing industry in the States and I remember my father talking about Ilford Mono. I haven't heard that name in many many years.

On the occasions I've mailed things in and out of the U.K. my observations match yours pretty closely.

Tarjaanne
Hatchling
5 posts
Joined Jul 2014

Jul 01, 2014 08:00 |  #22

I need a NC-E2 battery charger any ideas? I don't want a new one on ebay for $474 for an old camera . anyone know of a generic one?

sponsored links

3,566 views & 0 likes for this thread
HELP with Canon Battery Charger
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.