Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
Thread started 06 May 2014 (Tuesday) 07:34
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

KATA Bags Discontinued

Nicholas ­ R.
455 posts
Joined Jan 2005

May 06, 2014 16:03 |  #16

MidnightUK wrote in post #16886316 (external link)
Thats very sad, I really liked their bags.

Manfrotto bags seem to me to be poorly designed. I was staggered when they brought out a white set last year. I presume its to leave about your designer house as a sort of name dropping thing, as they would not last 2 seconds in real use before they were grubby and unappealing.

Try these links:

http://www.bhphotovide​o.com …Kata/ci/4512/N/​4232860871 (external link)

http://www.kata-bags.us/ (external link)

Manfrotto used to be their distributor in the US, but I presume that changed when they came out with their own line of bags. I have a 10-year old Kata that has served me well.

Nicholas
www.copperhillimages.c​om (external link)

sponsored links
godashram
Mostly Lurking
13 posts
Joined Mar 2013

May 07, 2014 00:15 |  #17

i spent the better part of January trying to find a Kata bag that fit my needs perfectly, and only found 3 vendors online.... everything else was on ebay. i love my bag, and am looking for many years of use out of my bag. sad to see them being written off by vitec

yslee
34 posts
Joined Nov 2010

May 07, 2014 21:45 |  #18

Manfrotto has a line of bags that are eeriely similar to some of the most popular Kata bags. I guess that's the direction they're going now.

I also wonder if this might be a USA-only thing?

Angry ­ Dad
783 posts
Joined Apr 2007

May 07, 2014 22:49 |  #19

If you can't find one by July( I'm out of country), give me a shout. My 3 in 1 will be for sale.

www.tembophotography.c​omCanon 5DmkII, Canon 70-200mm 2.8L II Canon 35mm 1.4L Canon 24-105L Sigma 50mm 1.4 EX and a bunch of other crap. (external link)

dodgyexposure
Goldmember
2,874 posts
Gallery: 14 photos
Joined Jul 2012

May 08, 2014 00:32 |  #20

I was in my local B&M store today, that stocks Kata bags. I mentioned that I had heard that Kata was being discontinued, and it was news to him.

Cheers, Damien

bogeybrown
THREAD ­ STARTER
86 posts
Joined Apr 2014

May 08, 2014 03:22 |  #21

dodgyexposure wrote in post #16889724 (external link)
I was in my local B&M store today, that stocks Kata bags. I mentioned that I had heard that Kata was being discontinued, and it was news to him.

Here is the message that Vitec sent me announcing the cessation of the Kata line:

http://services.vitecg​roup.it …ef-c7367cb49525&id=142388 (external link)

There wasn't much to it, along with a survey.

yslee
34 posts
Joined Nov 2010

May 10, 2014 01:11 |  #22

bogeybrown wrote in post #16889924 (external link)
Here is the message that Vitec sent me announcing the cessation of the Kata line:

http://services.vitecg​roup.it …ef-c7367cb49525&id=142388 (external link)

There wasn't much to it, along with a survey.

The Manfrotto version of the 3N1-25 PL has just appeared on their website. Shouldn't take too long for the 35 to appear, I think. They're clearly shifting the bags over to the Manfrotto brand for some reason...

ntotrr
73 posts
Joined Nov 2009

May 11, 2014 20:24 |  #23

yslee wrote in post #16894485 (external link)
The Manfrotto version of the 3N1-25 PL has just appeared on their website. Shouldn't take too long for the 35 to appear, I think. They're clearly shifting the bags over to the Manfrotto brand for some reason...

I checked the Manfrotto bags that they displayed at the PhotoExpo this past October in NYC. The Manfrotto rep told me the Kata bags were being discontinued and it was obvious that the design of the Manfrotto bags resembles the Kata bags. The rep also said that in his opinion, the Kata bags were of a little higher quality.

sponsored links

5,236 views & 0 likes for this thread
KATA Bags Discontinued
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.