Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos The Business of Photography 
Thread started 10 May 2014 (Saturday) 16:18
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Logo Maker

downhillbiker23
85 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Dec 2012

May 10, 2014 16:18 |  #1

Hey everyone,

Looking to design me a logo for my company- QJ Photo Video.
I am adobe Creative Cloud Member, so I have access to all of their programs.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

Looking to make one watermark type logo for all my photography as well as something with a little motion to it for my videos.

Thankyou for the help!

Canon 7d Gripped/ Canon T3i Gripped/ Canon 18-55/ Canon 18-135/ Canon 70-200L f2.8IS/ Flycam C5/ Yongnuo YN560II, YN560III
Next Purchase- 24-70 f2.8
QJMedia-NJ.com
info@QJmedia-NJ.com (external link)

sponsored links
iazybandit
Goldmember
2,210 posts
Joined Apr 2011

May 10, 2014 17:06 |  #2

Adobe Illustrator. It's vector format so you can resize without distorting image. If using Photoshop, make the logo big so this way you can resize down without lowering the quality. Making a small logo and making it better will lose quality and make it pixelated.

Watermark for video is fine but it should just be a logo. No little motion unless its in the beginning of the video like an intro. If its while the video is playing, no point because people are suppose to be focusing on the video itself.

Canon :: R6 | RP | 5D Mark IV
Glass :: RF 24-70L f/2.8 IS | RF 35mm f/1.8 IS STM | EF 16-35L f2.8 | EF 70-200 f2.8L III | EF 24-70L f2.8 II | EF 50mm f/1.8 STM
FULL GEAR LIST | FEEDBACK
FS: Custom SLR M-Plate Pro Arca Swiss Tripod Plate; BRNO dri+Cap Dehumidifier Body/Lens Cap | SpiderHolster w/Speedbelt, PakPod, Gorillapod Focus

jefzor
788 posts
Gallery: 5 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined Jul 2013

May 12, 2014 02:18 |  #3

Yes, Illustrator, but even more important: pencil and paper. Start drawing ideas until you find one you like, before you try to recreate it in Illustrator.

www.jefpauwels.be (external link)

seres
580 posts
Joined Apr 2013

May 12, 2014 14:31 |  #4

jefzor wrote in post #16898391 (external link)
Yes, Illustrator, but even more important: pencil and paper. Start drawing ideas until you find one you like, before you try to recreate it in Illustrator.

Yes, I completely agree. Sketch out the idea with pencil.

—Eric

McMurry ­ Pet ­ Photo
33 posts
Joined Feb 2012

May 12, 2014 15:21 |  #5

If you are a professional or would like to be one, it's a good idea to consult a logo/identity designer. Just because you have Adobe Illustrator doesn't make you a graphic designer. Just how owning a DSLR doesn't make one a professional photographer. If you have a background in design and know what you are doing, ignore what I just said. Or if you just want a simple watermark and not a brand, that can be done with a tutorial on youtube. But the above is good advice---design happens with pencil and paper, execution happens on a computer.

Gear! (external link)

Aki78
963 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Jun 2006

May 13, 2014 08:15 |  #6

McMurry Pet Photo wrote in post #16899633 (external link)
If you are a professional or would like to be one, it's a good idea to consult a logo/identity designer. Just because you have Adobe Illustrator doesn't make you a graphic designer. Just how owning a DSLR doesn't make one a professional photographer. If you have a background in design and know what you are doing, ignore what I just said. Or if you just want a simple watermark and not a brand, that can be done with a tutorial on youtube. But the above is good advice---design happens with pencil and paper, execution happens on a computer.

Pretty much this.

Only because I've tried to do logo design and I can never come up with something I like. I always had my logos done by a professional especially if it's something that's going to represent your company for a long time.

If you can design like a pro by all means, vector format like someone else said is the way to go. Otherwise I'd just save yourself time/money and have someone else draw up a concept. Fiverr may not be a bad idea either; I've been happy with some of the designs I've received.

sponsored links

1,087 views & 0 likes for this thread
Logo Maker
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos The Business of Photography 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.