Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
Thread started 29 May 2014 (Thursday) 16:11
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

User issue or card issue?

I'm ­ Sasquatch
429 posts
Gallery: 40 photos
Joined Sep 2008

May 29, 2014 16:11 |  #1

I picked up a Transcend 32gb CF card a few weeks ago from Amazon. After formatting in camera and shooting a bit, I found that I had troubles importing files from my camera into LR4. LR updates are current. A replacement card is doing the same thing.

The errors say that the file is not recognized by the raw format support in LR (1). &
The following files were not imported because they could not be read. (152)

I can load the files using a card reader but it is painfully slow. With my other CF cards I have no trouble going from camera to LR. Those cards are all 4gb Sandisk. If it matters, I'm using a 50d.

Thanks for any input.

Have a wheelie nice day!

sponsored links
gonzogolf
dumb remark memorialized
29,212 posts
Gallery: 36 photos
Joined Dec 2006

May 29, 2014 16:16 |  #2

Did you get a new camera during all of this?

joeblack2022
Goldmember
3,005 posts
Joined Sep 2011

May 29, 2014 16:17 |  #3

Hmm, there wasn't anything conclusive in the thread but another user with the same setup had issues with formatted size of the Transcend 32GB card in their 50D.

https://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthre​ad.php?t=653008

Joel

I'm ­ Sasquatch
THREAD ­ STARTER
429 posts
Joined Sep 2008

May 29, 2014 16:28 |  #4

gonzogolf wrote in post #16938807 (external link)
Did you get a new camera during all of this?

Negative. I did lust after a few though.

joeblack2022 wrote in post #16938808 (external link)
Hmm, there wasn't anything conclusive in the thread but another user with the same setup had issues with formatted size of the Transcend 32GB card in their 50D.

https://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthre​ad.php?t=653008

Good find. I'll read up on that post. Thank you gonzogolf and joeblack.

Have a wheelie nice day!

gonzogolf
dumb remark memorialized
29,212 posts
Gallery: 36 photos
Joined Dec 2006

May 29, 2014 16:29 |  #5

Im Sasquatch wrote in post #16938827 (external link)
=I'm Sasquatch;16938827]Neg​ative. I did lust after a few though.

You offended it. Is your firmware updated? It may be that a camera that old has issues recognizing the larger card. I cant imagine that it would affect files on the card though, just limit the size of the accessible portion.

I'm ­ Sasquatch
THREAD ­ STARTER
429 posts
Joined Sep 2008

May 29, 2014 16:37 |  #6

gonzogolf wrote in post #16938831 (external link)
You offended it. Is your firmware updated? It may be that a camera that old has issues recognizing the larger card. I cant imagine that it would affect files on the card though, just limit the size of the accessible portion.

I've not yet shot more than a couple hundred images on a card this big yet. 16gb would have been fine but the 32gb was on sale. So long as nothing sounds like a defect, I'll keep rocking this card when my 4gb cards won't do the trick.

BTW, I'm about 2/3 of the way done importing images into LR and I started that before I started this thread.

Have a wheelie nice day!

sponsored links

736 views & 0 likes for this thread
User issue or card issue?
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.