Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Glamour & Nude Talk 
Thread started 01 Jun 2014 (Sunday) 13:04
Search threadPrev/next

WEBSITE ADVICE - Preparing for a swimsuit shoot

TooManyHobbies
Goldmember
2,734 posts
Joined Mar 2006

Jun 01, 2014 13:04 |  #1

In order to make my life easier I'm putting a lot of the stuff I normally tell models on my website that I'm currently rebuilding. Please take look at the advice I give models who are preparing to do a swimsuit shoot with me and let me know if I left anything out?

http://www.jeffmmiller​.com …ing-for-a-swimsuit-shoot/ (external link)

~ Jeff

Canon EOS-1DX & 1Ds MkIII, 20D(IR), G12, G9, G5, ... Gear List
JMM Photography ~ Discovering Art in Everyday Lifeexternal link | Model Mayhem #675060external link

Littlejon ­ Dsgn
Goldmember
3,266 posts
Joined Feb 2012

Jun 01, 2014 15:27 |  #2

You are an amazing photographer but your entire website comes off very cocky and off putting in my opinion.

Then again with your portfolio I guess you can be cocky as you can deliver amazing images.

TooManyHobbies
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
2,734 posts
Joined Mar 2006

Jun 01, 2014 16:50 |  #3

Littlejon Dsgn wrote in post #16944730 (external link)
You are an amazing photographer but your entire website comes off very cocky and off putting in my opinion.

Then again with your portfolio I guess you can be cocky as you can deliver amazing images.

Good to know. So it can only come off that way from the writing not the images. Some of the attitude may be my way of weeding out flaky models. Was it the swimsuit writeup or did you look at other writing stuff. I need to go back and revise the other stuff badly. It was cut and paste from older stuff. It missing some stuff too that gives it a more personal feel.

Are you referring to the tf* writeup after the swimsuit stuff. I can see why you say that. It needs to be re written but it is on my mm page too to weed out flakes. I find if they can get past that message then they are devoted to the shoot.

~ Jeff

JMM Photography ~ Discovering Art in Everyday Lifeexternal link | Model Mayhem #675060external link

TooManyHobbies
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
2,734 posts
Joined Mar 2006

Jun 01, 2014 16:53 |  #4

I just started re doing this site 2 weeks ago. Brand new install of Koken.

~ Jeff

Littlejon ­ Dsgn
Goldmember
3,266 posts
Joined Feb 2012

Jun 01, 2014 17:09 as a reply to  @ TooManyHobbies's post |  #5

I started on the swim suite writeup then moved to tge rest of the site.

1,593 views & 0 likes for this thread
WEBSITE ADVICE - Preparing for a swimsuit shoot
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Glamour & Nude Talk 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.