Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 04 Jun 2014 (Wednesday) 10:14
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Should I buy this 7D?

Pondrader
"now I'm no rocket scientist but I do get a shot or two"
16,028 posts
Gallery: 2548 photos
Best ofs: 5
Joined Aug 2012

Jun 05, 2014 05:56 |  #16

The answer is yes its a great camera and it will make you a better photographer just because of what it is.... It did me, and if you can master the light, it will show you some incredible photo's

You can split hair's on all the little thing's but in the end your getting a top quality camera and a lens for $850 buck's ........just do it

Jeff ........, 7D, 70-300L, 100-400LII
flickr (external link)

sponsored links
hollis_f
Cream of the Crop
10,649 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Jul 2007

Jun 05, 2014 06:07 |  #17

Paulstw wrote in post #16951023 (external link)
I think there may be loads of folk punting their 7d's soon with the rumour that they are coming to an end of life scenario soon.

Surely anybody stupid enough to sell their 7D because a new version is due out 'real soon now' would have sold their 7Ds before the rumoured announcement in April.

Er, that was April 2013. So those idiots have been without a camera for 15 months now.

Frank Hollis - Retired mass spectroscopist
Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he'll complain about the withdrawal of his free fish entitlement.
Gear Website (external link)

Paulstw
827 posts
Joined Nov 2012

Jun 05, 2014 06:44 |  #18

Lumens wrote in post #16951519 (external link)
Oh and here comes the 7DII speculation again. Until it's announced it's 100% myth, the myth has been around almost as long as the 7D itself!!

Don't label me with the other rumour trolls please. I couldn't give two hoots about a new camera. Helps if you read the text properly.

Fernando wrote in post #16951785 (external link)
Until it's not supported by Canon anymore it's hardly EOL.

I'm sure we'll find out soon enough about the fate of the 7D. It can't last forever. It started looking old when the 70D came out, and 7D owners have been dying for a new one.

Jarvis Creative Studios wrote in post #16952453 (external link)
I don't know how many people migrated to the 70D from the 7D. Maybe video users is all. Why would you migrate to worse ergonomics and spotty af?

There was quite a lot of folk on this forum that jumped ship for a 70D, I should know cause when I got my 7D I was very worried for a wee while.

hollis_f wrote in post #16952998 (external link)
Surely anybody stupid enough to sell their 7D because a new version is due out 'real soon now' would have sold their 7Ds before the rumoured announcement in April.

Er, that was April 2013. So those idiots have been without a camera for 15 months now.

I never said there was people sitting without a camera for 15 months. I said there could be a rise in the number going for sale soon. Please read more carefully next time you jump on the bandwagon.

Frodge
Goldmember
3,076 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Nov 2012

Jun 05, 2014 07:06 |  #19

Lol

hollis_f
Cream of the Crop
10,649 posts
Joined Jul 2007

Jun 05, 2014 07:41 |  #20

Paulstw wrote in post #16953034 (external link)
I never said there was people sitting without a camera for 15 months. I said there could be a rise in the number going for sale soon. Please read more carefully next time you jump on the bandwagon.

No, you never said there was people sitting without a camera for 15 months. However, it is the logical conclusion to your initial premise.

You said that the rumour of the imminent arrival of a 7D replacement would result in an increase in people selling their current 7D cameras.

I said that if the rumour of the imminent arrival of a 7D replacement would result in an increase in people selling their current 7D cameras then that increase would have happened 15 months ago - when the rumour first appeared.

Which of those statements do you claim to be false?

Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he'll complain about the withdrawal of his free fish entitlement.

Paulstw
827 posts
Joined Nov 2012

Jun 05, 2014 08:11 |  #21

Frank you've had a very long time to come up with a pretty sneaky answer, which is essentially how folk assume power over people on the internet and make everyone think they are people of high intelligence. I wrote what I wrote, that is the answer. I won't justify myself to anyone.

hollis_f
Cream of the Crop
10,649 posts
Joined Jul 2007

Jun 05, 2014 08:26 |  #22

Paulstw wrote in post #16953176 (external link)
Frank you've had a very long time to come up with a pretty sneaky answer

I may have taken a very long time to explain what should have been obvious.

ddk2001
THREAD ­ STARTER
118 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Apr 2014

Jun 05, 2014 08:35 |  #23

Well - I decided to give it a go - and my seller flaked and now won't sell at that price. $!$#!!

I don't get people offering things for sale and then refusing to sell. Ugh.

moltengold
Goldmember
4,296 posts
Joined Jul 2011

Jun 05, 2014 08:47 |  #24

hahaha
I'm one of them
sold my 7D and waiting for the new 7D II
i think buying a T5i is better than waiting :)

| Canon EOS | and some canon lenses

Lone ­ Rider
Goldmember
1,349 posts
Joined Jun 2010

Jun 19, 2014 12:41 |  #25

So those idiots have been without a camera for 15 months now.

Frank you have just put a whole cohort of people into that "idiot" category.

I sold my 7D for a 5D3 to have improved AF, image quality and noise handling in low light conditions.

I did this knowing the 70D was soon to be released, and as the 7D was near in the end of the cycle resale wouldn't be as strong.

Trevor

sponsored links

2,896 views & 0 likes for this thread
Should I buy this 7D?
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.