Might be too late by the time I decide, but want to ask this anyways. One of the reasons I got an X-E1 to complement my X100s is because I really liked the samples I've seen from the 35mm 1.4. The Zeiss 32mm 1.8 seems just as good IQ-wise, and right now goes for $520, while the XF 35mm seems to be backordered everywhere. Should I just go ahead and pick up the Zeiss? I was thinking of buying the combo deal with the 12mm, but don't know if I want to deal with the hassle of selling the 12mm (I know I won't use it), unless it's going to net me a decent amount of money.
I could also just wait for the 35mm 1.4 Mark II that's being rumored.
I'd either get the Zeiss package deal and sell the 12mm (they go regularly above $650) or wait for the new one. The kit 18-55mm is a really good lens and should hold you over for a while, it did for me