Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS News & Rumors Camera Rumors and Predictions 
Thread started 22 May 2014 (Thursday) 07:50
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Preproduction EOS 7D Mark II Cameras in Brazil for World Cup

vengence
Goldmember
2,103 posts
Joined Mar 2013

May 29, 2014 10:15 |  #61

Jarvis Creative Studios wrote in post #16938123 (external link)
You've had two wives and two teenage daughters? Your profile says you're 18. Born July 14th, 1995.

He's also said he shot thousands of rolls of film and has a username of CollegeKid. I'm sure he's not lying about any of it. I mean he could have had the first kid at age 6, why do you have to be so judgmental about it? :lol:

Oh, looks like he got banned for something.

sponsored links
RTPVid
Goldmember
3,365 posts
Joined Aug 2010

May 29, 2014 11:02 |  #62

whiteflyer wrote in post #16935199 (external link)
I think people are getting the hopes up a little, the possible model on test in Brazil, going by Canons current body realise policy will be the 7DW , a white version of the current 7D that reduces heat gain when used in bright, direct sunlight. :)

:lol::lol:

Tom

iazybandit
Goldmember
2,118 posts
Joined Apr 2011

Jun 06, 2014 16:01 |  #63

Footbag wrote in post #16935681 (external link)
No. Those photographers will be payed to test the cameras and Canon hopes they will be providing their marketing material for the new cameras.

How stupid would a manufacturer have to be to not take advantage of the free publicity that the World Cup brings? Come to think about it, Canon must sell a ton of DSLR's for the World Cup alone.

FYI, the photographers are not paid by Canon to test the cameras. The cameras are loaned to them during the event and they provide feedback back to Canon. If there is an issue, they'll let Canon know so they can fix the issue. The cameras are also pre-production models so its near complete.

Just take a look at the Olympics. Canon was there and had hundreds of gear available for photographers to be loaned. I'm sure the same will be for the World Cup. This is also a way to get real world test and heavily tested. No way would Canon or any company let people use gear that is not fully functional at a big event. Since the gear will be pre-production, all the major kinks have been ironed out and its just testing to see if there are any minor issues.

Canon :: 5D Mark IV | EOS M5
Glass/Gear :: Canon 24-70L II | Canon 50mm f/1.8 STM | EF-M 22mm | EF-M 11-22
FULL GEAR LIST | FEEDBACK
FS: Moza Air Gimbal with Thumb Controller and Moza AirCross Gimbal | Custom SLR Dual Glide Strap, BounceLite Flash Modifier, Tolifo LED Light, Varavon Monopod

ScubaDude
Goldmember
1,104 posts
Joined Sep 2011

Jun 06, 2014 19:30 |  #64
bannedPermanent ban

Sometimes I think the mods start threads like this just to thin the herd.

Canon [7D & BG-E7 grip] [T1i & BG-E5 grip] [400mm f/5.6L] [50mm f/1.8 II] [18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS]
Induro [AT313 tripod] [AM25 monopod] [GHB2 gimbal head]
My Flickr page (external link)

Footbag
391 posts
Joined Jan 2010

Jun 12, 2014 16:41 |  #65

1KIND wrote in post #16956152 (external link)
FYI, the photographers are not paid by Canon to test the cameras. The cameras are loaned to them during the event and they provide feedback back to Canon. If there is an issue, they'll let Canon know so they can fix the issue. The cameras are also pre-production models so its near complete.

Just take a look at the Olympics. Canon was there and had hundreds of gear available for photographers to be loaned. I'm sure the same will be for the World Cup. This is also a way to get real world test and heavily tested. No way would Canon or any company let people use gear that is not fully functional at a big event. Since the gear will be pre-production, all the major kinks have been ironed out and its just testing to see if there are any minor issues.

The Olympics gear was to be loaned as backups to CPS members. No prototypes.

These are pre-production prototype models. I don't believe Canon would just give it to anyone to shoot at the World Cup. My guess is they are payed for their time and asked to sign a non-disclosure agreement. Otherwise, the photographer could be wasting a lot of their money making time testing a camera. And, it's a good way to put teeth in a ND agreement.

Who was the photographer who switched from Nikon to Canon after Canon sponsored his program and lent him a camera? Sponsorships are a way of paying photographers as well.

Adam
My Astrophoto Gallery (external link)
The Astro Imaging Channel (external link)

JH1984
71 posts
Joined Jan 2011

Jun 13, 2014 20:21 as a reply to  @ Footbag's post |  #66

Well the World Cup is here. Any reports of 7D II sightings?

howiewu
627 posts
Joined Feb 2011

Jun 13, 2014 20:59 |  #67

JH1984 wrote in post #16970356 (external link)

No, the manufacturer of this rumor, had no info to begin with, as usual.

5DII, 70D
17-40mm f/4 USM L, 24-70mm f/4 IS USM L, 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6 IS USM L, 24mm f/3.5 TS-E L, 35mm f/2, 50mm f/1.4 USM, 100mm f/2.8 IS USM L, 300mm f/2.8 IS USM II L, 430 EX II, 270 EX II, 1.4x TC III, 2x TC III, Kenko Pro 300 1.4x TC
Home Page: http://www.travelerath​ome.com (external link), Blog: http://travelerathome.​wordpress.com (external link)

SYS
Cream of the Crop
9,216 posts
Gallery: 33 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Jul 2004

Jun 13, 2014 22:12 |  #68

An "update" to a rumor:

http://www.slrlounge.c​om …es-eos-1d-style-top-plate (external link)

"Life is short, art is long..."
-Goethe
My Gear

ericcrazyman
190 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Apr 2013

Jun 15, 2014 08:39 |  #69

Petapixal says the 7D mark 2 release will be in Sept. in Germany at a big foto show.

A photograph is worth a thousand words, but Photoshop can produce a thousand lies. Photo editing allowed. I need all the help I can get.

Fred2176
29 posts
Joined Feb 2010

Jun 15, 2014 18:44 as a reply to  @ ericcrazyman's post |  #70

In the games so far from all the photos.It seems canon 1dx cameras are being used.

gnome ­ chompski
Goldmember
1,252 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Jun 2013

Jun 18, 2014 16:50 |  #71

JH1984 wrote in post #16970356 (external link)

if the camera is there for testing you will not see a 7Dmk 2 in 7Dmk 2 skin. It will be disguised or not badged.

Tumblr (external link)
Flickr (external link)
Instagram (external link)

Refill
177 posts
Joined Jan 2013

Jun 18, 2014 18:06 |  #72

Jarvis Creative Studios wrote in post #16923095 (external link)
I I personally don't even see a market for a 7d2 these days, or any crop sensor geared towards pros. Unless Canon can take a page out of the Pentax K-3's book their prosumer crop line will soon be dead.

Considering the short life of the 1d4 and the fact they don't sell well at $2000, you may well be right...

vengence
Goldmember
2,103 posts
Joined Mar 2013

Jun 19, 2014 08:04 |  #73

Refill wrote in post #16980155 (external link)
Considering the short life of the 1d4 and the fact they don't sell well at $2000, you may well be right...

I think the lack of pixel density is what killed the 1d4. When the 5DII has the same pixel density, it's hard to make a soild case for a reach based camera.

Refill
177 posts
Joined Jan 2013

Jun 19, 2014 11:06 |  #74

vengence wrote in post #16981117 (external link)
I think the lack of pixel density is what killed the 1d4. When the 5DII has the same pixel density, it's hard to make a soild case for a reach based camera.

Maybe. And I'm happy with my 7d, but it has the IQ of a rebel, so I'd prefer a camera with less pixels and better IQ, than more pixels but a quality forcing me to downsize most of the photos! That said, many people will just look at the megapixels when they buy.

RTPVid
Goldmember
3,365 posts
Joined Aug 2010

Jun 19, 2014 11:42 |  #75

Refill wrote in post #16981460 (external link)
...And I'm happy with my 7d, but it has the IQ of a rebel,...

Actually, the Rebels have the IQ of a 7D (the 7D was first with this sensor). ;)

Tom

sponsored links

30,928 views & 0 likes for this thread
Preproduction EOS 7D Mark II Cameras in Brazil for World Cup
FORUMS News & Rumors Camera Rumors and Predictions 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.