Challenge #488 - Home decorating accessories
I was not sure about the topic, but it looks good now after your entries, thank you for that.
Comments in the order of appearance:
- teekay – G15 – Top Shelf Memories
Looking at the the miniatures in the top of the shelf is the right attitude to remember the real planes or even to see yourself in a cockpit. Below the planes, the titles of books where famous writers, serious adventurers/investigators and others share their thoughts means that life is a never ending experience. All very well expressed in an interesting photo. Thank you for starting the week setting the standards high.
- tuttifrutti – G1X – Part Of The Furniture
"Furry and alive" was not initially part of my possible descriptions, but certainly cats stay still long enough to become part of the furniture. Nice attempt, cute image.
- Maureen Souza – Pro1 – Our Travels on the Wall...& Our Dog, too
Almost a dual theme: The beautiful pictures hanging on the wall are a good decoration and the sofa a good place to sit and remember those travels. The dog is telling us "this is a comfortable place of my home".
- Spoco57 – G1X - Suriname Sam the wooden toucan
The large beak of a toucan is iconic of all Central and South America forests. The carved name behind the bird is a nice addition to mark its origin . Nice decoration, nice picture. Why 'Sam'? I would like to know if it is the name of your ornament or the name of some typical Suriname character.
- OhLook – G15 – Miniature iron kettle where we keep garlic
Enhancing the volume, the wood texture and the garlic skin with the lateral lighting was a great idea. The separation from the blurred background is nice. Only the symmetric patterns of the background play against the natural textures, but that is just nit picking.
- marie – G12 – base of the frypan hanging over the cooker
Flat and thick iron used to be the bases of older frying pans. The pattern of this one is certainly closer to an ornament, and the camera angle adds the twist for a pleasant, unexpected and puzzling perspective in the photo. I am sure that without the clue of the title, this can be a real winner in a 'guess the object' contest too
- Raven – G16 - Navajo Wedding Vase
The combination of the light, the background, the mat and the unique vase make me think of a museum display. Great to have at home such a beautiful thing and get this fine capture.
- 1st - Raven – G16 – Navajo Wedding Vase
- 2nd - OhLook – G15 – Miniature iron kettle where we keep garlic
- 3rd - Maureen Souza – Pro1 – Our Travels on the Wall...& Our Dog, too
Raven, congratulations. Find an interesting theme for challenge #489 and Good Luck!
Home decorating accessories topic description:
Any of those small items that help to make unique your home. They can be on tables, hanging on the walls or from the ceiling, standing in the floor.
I hope you got the idea, I do not dare to list specific items by their names in English as examples.
Pay special attention to the light and choose three dimensional objects as the first option.
Objects in two dimensions are not forbidden, just be sure that the photo is not 'flat'.
To submit, click Post Reply and put your Photo Name in the Subject Line. Don't forget your Camera Model.
Post until Monday noon GMT, 16 June 2014.
- Camera -- Canon G-Series Camera G1, G2, G3, G5, G6, G7, G9, G10, G11, G12, G15, G16, G1X, G1X Mark II and Pro1 only.
- Time -- any on-topic photo taken at any time is eligible, although photos that have won other competitions should NOT be entered.
- Size -- photo must be no less than 800 pixels and no more than 1024 pixels on the longest side, with NO BORDERS.
- Post-Processing -- do whatever you like and the host will decide if it works.
- Posting --
- One photo per photographer in each challenge.
- Photo Title in the message subject line.
- Camera model.
- EXIF data, if you like.
- One photo per photographer in each challenge.
- Commenting -- No commenting on photos by anyone, including the photographer. Once the winners are declared, photographers can add comments to their images and everyone is invited to discuss.
- Photo Display -- Photos must appear in this thread to be eligible.
One challenge every week, on the following schedule:
- New Topic ... As soon as possible after winning.
- Posting Starts ... Right after topic is announced.
- Posting Stops ... Monday noon GMT
- Winners Announcement ... Tuesday noon GMT.
Please consider turning on Private Messaging in your profile.
This will allow the host to contact you about winning or ineligible photos. You turn this feature
on by clicking "User CP, Edit Options, Enable Private Messaging"
(about a third of the way down the page).
Click this sentence for Hosting Rules and Winners List.
Click this sentence for Discussion of Rules thread.