Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS News & Rumors Camera Rumors and Predictions 
Thread started 22 May 2014 (Thursday) 07:50
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Preproduction EOS 7D Mark II Cameras in Brazil for World Cup

flashpoint99
411 posts
Joined Dec 2012

Jun 19, 2014 11:46 |  #76

Wasn't this exact rumor floated around during the last Olympics in Russia?

sponsored links
Gaarryy
Goldmember
1,191 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Sep 2010

Jun 19, 2014 12:23 |  #77

Every time someone goes near the cameras in the games, I pause it to see if I can pick out the 7D. If it does have no mode dial like a 1D, I have no idea if I've seen on or not

---------------Camera, Lens, Flash stuff.. but still wanting more

vengence
Goldmember
2,103 posts
Joined Mar 2013

Jun 19, 2014 12:31 |  #78

flashpoint99 wrote in post #16981541 (external link)

No, it was floated the 100-400L II was in testing then.

CyberDyneSystems
Admin (type T-2000)
49,920 posts
Gallery: 161 photos
Joined Apr 2003

Jun 23, 2014 10:14 as a reply to  @ vengence's post |  #79

Refill wrote in post #16980155 (external link)
Considering the short life of the 1d4 and the fact they don't sell well at $2000, you may well be right...

Used remain closer to $3K, and they sell pretty quick.
The real reason the 1D4 life was short was it was a stop gap to try and patch the hole left between the ill fated 1D3, and the upcoming merger with the 1Ds line.

vengence wrote in post #16981117 (external link)
I think the lack of pixel density is what killed the 1d4. When the 5DII has the same pixel density, it's hard to make a soild case for a reach based camera.

Close? but not really accurate. 5DIII gives you 13 MP @ 1.3x crop.

flashpoint99 wrote in post #16981541 (external link)

Yes, and frankly we can assume this rumor to be false as by now it would be verified with photos.

GEAR LIST
CDS' HOT LINKS
Jake Hegnauer Photography (external link)

David ­ Arbogast
Cream of the Crop
11,455 posts
Gallery: 36 photos
Joined Aug 2010

Jun 23, 2014 10:22 |  #80

CyberDyneSystems wrote in post #16989377 (external link)
Yes, and frankly we can assume this rumor to be false as by now it would be verified with photos.

That's what I'm thinking. Back when the 200-400mm was being tested there were plenty of corroborating photos. Where are all the photos of the 7D II? I want the rumor to be true, but there have to be photos or it isn't happening.

David | Flickr (external link)
Sony α7R II | CV 12mm, FE 12-24mm, Loxia 21mm, Loxia 35mm, Sigma 35mm F/1.2, Loxia 85mm, Batis 85mm, Batis 135mm

jrbdmb
Goldmember
1,291 posts
Joined May 2011

Jun 23, 2014 12:13 |  #81

David Arbogast wrote in post #16989397 (external link)
That's what I'm thinking. Back when the 200-400mm was being tested there were plenty of corroborating photos. Where are all the photos of the 7D II? I want the rumor to be true, but there have to be photos or it isn't happening.

Maybe they're saving it for the final. :)

Tools: 70D, 10-22, Tamron 24-70 VC, 70-300L, 135 f2L

JH1984
71 posts
Joined Jan 2011

Jun 23, 2014 13:14 |  #82

gnome chompski wrote in post #16980056 (external link)
if the camera is there for testing you will not see a 7Dmk 2 in 7Dmk 2 skin. It will be disguised or not badged.

I didn't think that you or I would be able to spot one on tv. I just figured if they're actually there, the rumors sites may have gotten a hint from someone on site, or that there might be anonymous leaks by some who agreed to use them that would make its way to the net.

Gaarryy
Goldmember
1,191 posts
Joined Sep 2010

Jun 23, 2014 15:42 |  #83

David Arbogast wrote in post #16989397 (external link)

I think quite a few of those photo's were from people on the same safari. What I mean is at the world cup the people using the camera would be in the photo area, a place where the average person is not just hanging out and could snap a quick pic with their phone, or other camera.

rgs
Goldmember
2,327 posts
Gallery: 147 photos
Joined Jun 2007

Jun 23, 2014 17:13 |  #84

CollegeKid wrote in post #16934263 (external link)
Ever heard of film? I shot thousands of rolls of 620 and 35mm film. Didn't chimp even one frame.

My parents shot a lot of 620 film on this type of camera. Now I shot a good deal of 120 & 220 with my 6X7 Pentax but it wouldn't handle 620 (no red widow) and neither would the roll film back for my view camera. Just trying to be uber picky :p

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

Canon 7d MkII, Canon 50D, Pentax 67, Canon 30D, Baker Custom 4x5, Canon EF 24-104mm f4, Canon EF 100mm f2.8 Macro, Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5, 70-300mm f/4-5.6 Di VC

The Singular Image (external link)Richard Smith Photography (external link)
Richard Smith Real Estate Photography (external link)500PX (external link)
Fine Art America (external link)

Jarvis ­ Creative ­ Studios
Goldmember
2,405 posts
Gallery: 28 photos
Joined Aug 2013

Jun 24, 2014 12:01 |  #85

Gaarryy wrote in post #16990054 (external link)
I think quite a few of those photo's were from people on the same safari. What I mean is at the world cup the people using the camera would be in the photo area, a place where the average person is not just hanging out and could snap a quick pic with their phone, or other camera.

Every world cup game has been internationally televised, pretty much every area of the field and stands have been seen many times, and there is no evidence of a 7DII, a 7D type camera with no mode dial, or a "mysterious black box camera". WHY ARE PEOPLE STILL DEFENDING THIS RUMOR TO DEATH?! Normally people shoot down Canon rumors that have a lot more evidence of truth than this, yet for some reason this is undeniable truth with zero evidence?!

BTW, I heard they were going to be testing the 5D Mark IV at the NBA draft. Any takers?

WEBSITE (external link)
flickr (external link)
Sony HX90V || Sony RX100V || Sony a6500 || Sony a9 || Sony E 10-18mm f/4 OSS || Sony FE 24-70 f/2.8 GM || Sony Sonnar T* FE 35mm f/2.8 ZA || Sony Sonnar T* FE 55mm f1.8 ZA || Sony FE 70-200 f/2.8 GM OSS || Godox speedlights and strobes

watt100
Cream of the Crop
14,021 posts
Joined Jun 2008

Jun 25, 2014 16:04 |  #86

Jarvis Creative Studios wrote in post #16991708 (external link)
BTW, I heard they were going to be testing the 5D Mark IV at the NBA draft. Any takers?

I heard they will be testing the 7D2 at the All Star game

Footbag
391 posts
Joined Jan 2010

Jun 26, 2014 14:03 |  #87

Jarvis Creative Studios wrote in post #16991708 (external link)
Every world cup game has been internationally televised, pretty much every area of the field and stands have been seen many times, and there is no evidence of a 7DII, a 7D type camera with no mode dial, or a "mysterious black box camera". WHY ARE PEOPLE STILL DEFENDING THIS RUMOR TO DEATH?! Normally people shoot down Canon rumors that have a lot more evidence of truth than this, yet for some reason this is undeniable truth with zero evidence?!

Some rumors may be false, some true. The true rumors are the evidence, but we don't know which ones are true until the camera is released. Speculation can also be evidence.

What exactly don't you believe? That the 7DII will be replaced by the end of the year? Or the no dial thing? Or just the test at the world cup?

I think the reason that people are "defending" the rumor is that it makes sense. A replacement for the 7d is due. It is the rumor forum after all.

What evidence do you have that the rumor is false? You seem more certain that its a false rumor then the the people who believe it's true.

Adam
My Astrophoto Gallery (external link)
The Astro Imaging Channel (external link)

scorpio_e
Cream of the Crop
7,402 posts
Joined Aug 2007

Jun 26, 2014 14:47 |  #88

When is a rumor false ;) There will be a 7D replacement by the end of the year. Canon is WAY WAY behind.

www.steelcityphotograp​hy.com (external link)

Jarvis ­ Creative ­ Studios
Goldmember
2,405 posts
Gallery: 28 photos
Joined Aug 2013

Jun 26, 2014 15:16 |  #89

Footbag wrote in post #16996033 (external link)
Some rumors may be false, some true. The true rumors are the evidence, but we don't know which ones are true until the camera is released. Speculation can also be evidence.

What exactly don't you believe? That the 7DII will be replaced by the end of the year? Or the no dial thing? Or just the test at the world cup?

I think the reason that people are "defending" the rumor is that it makes sense. A replacement for the 7d is due. It is the rumor forum after all.

What evidence do you have that the rumor is false? You seem more certain that its a false rumor then the the people who believe it's true.

I personally believe it's 50/50 that there will be a 7DII at all. As I stated in another 7DII thread, I believe all these 7DII rumors were generated by Canon to try and keep Rebel, XXD, and 7D users with their company because Canon can't seem to keep up with the crop market. If there is a 7DII, IMO it won't be the "supermachine" that everyone is thinking. I believe Canon will play it safe and basically make a 70D that is made of magnesium alloy, is weather sealed, and has a few more fps than the 70D. It will have the dual pixels, video af, etc. Lightning doesn't strike twice, and I don't foresee the 7DII having near the impact of the original 7D. If it comes out, who knows if it will be by the end of this year. Wasn't it supposed to be out by the end of last year, or maybe even the year before that?!

WEBSITE (external link)
flickr (external link)
Sony HX90V || Sony RX100V || Sony a6500 || Sony a9 || Sony E 10-18mm f/4 OSS || Sony FE 24-70 f/2.8 GM || Sony Sonnar T* FE 35mm f/2.8 ZA || Sony Sonnar T* FE 55mm f1.8 ZA || Sony FE 70-200 f/2.8 GM OSS || Godox speedlights and strobes

Gaarryy
Goldmember
1,191 posts
Joined Sep 2010

Jun 30, 2014 17:10 |  #90

Just now in the Germany game a player went off the field on the back by the camera pit, There was a cannon without a battery grip attached. sadly after multiple rewinds it was a mode dial up top not a 1D type plate. False Alarm

sponsored links

31,201 views & 0 likes for this thread
Preproduction EOS 7D Mark II Cameras in Brazil for World Cup
FORUMS News & Rumors Camera Rumors and Predictions 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.