Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS News & Rumors Camera Rumors and Predictions 
Thread started 22 Jun 2014 (Sunday) 14:20
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

7DII

Candid
THREAD ­ STARTER
45 posts
Joined Sep 2006

Jun 23, 2014 16:06 |  #16

For non long reach type shots the 5DIII would be an awesome camera. Not that it doesn't do those things, just that the lens prices get crazy.

AF is exemplary as is IQ. Canon are not daft. They want you to buy a FF and a crop. That is a good recipe to cover all angles

sponsored links
Candid
THREAD ­ STARTER
45 posts
Joined Sep 2006

Jun 23, 2014 16:10 |  #17

Brain Mechanic wrote in post #16990101 (external link)
For the love of all that is sacred....there about 300 threads about the 7DII....why start another one!?!

I started it since with the sudden price drop in the UK and a major upcoming photo event I personally felt there could be something in the pipeline.

If the thread doesn't appeal to you, read and comment on another one that does

pwm2
"Sorry for being a noob"
8,626 posts
Joined May 2007

Jun 23, 2014 16:20 |  #18

Candid wrote in post #16990113 (external link)
I started it since with the sudden price drop in the UK and a major upcoming photo event I personally felt there could be something in the pipeline.

But it is sometimes an advantage to group together in a shared thread, where you get more people reading and more people commenting. This site isn't exactly lacking 7D2 threads - even a couple of quite recent.

5DMk2 + BG-E6 | 40D + BG-E2N | 350D + BG-E3 + RC-1 | Elan 7E | Minolta Dimage 7U | (Gear thread)
10-22 | 16-35/2.8 L II | 20-35 | 24-105 L IS | 28-135 IS | 40/2.8 | 50/1.8 II | 70-200/2.8 L IS | 100/2.8 L IS | 100-400 L IS | Sigma 18-200DC
Speedlite 420EZ | Speedlite 580EX | EF 1.4x II | EF 2x II

Radders
Cream of the Crop
5,017 posts
Joined Oct 2009

Jun 23, 2014 16:29 |  #19

Brain Mechanic wrote in post #16990101 (external link)
For the love of all that is sacred....there about 300 threads about the 7DII....why start another one!?!

This. Never seen so many threads about a camera that isn't even here?!

| 1DII | 7D | 60D | 6D | 100 2.8 | 50mm 1.4 | 11-16 2.8 | 24-105 4 | 70-300 IS USM |
Totallyrad.co.uk (external link) | Airplane-Pictures.net (external link) |Facebook Page (external link) | Russianplanes.net (external link)Gear list

Candid
THREAD ­ STARTER
45 posts
Joined Sep 2006

Jun 23, 2014 16:34 |  #20

Radders wrote in post #16990153 (external link)
This. Never seen so many threads about a camera that isn't even here?!

Perhaps its due to the desire of many who would like a worthy successor to an already splendid camera, but not without a few shortcomings.

After all it is a forum for discussion about Canon. Manufacturers do look at forums

I know if I was sick of threads about poss 7DII, I just wouldn't read them. I would read a discussion about something that appeals to me

The possibility of this item appeals to me and what I'm seeing in the current units price suggests maybe it is time

You could talk about 5DIV 1D? There's no harm in topical discussion about possible improvements to what are already good camera's.
If that type of topic doesn't appeal to you, read the one's that do and put constructive criticism on them rather than slate topics being
discussed as pointless

They may be pointless to you, but are of interest to others with experience of the current incarnations and their shortcomings

Brain ­ Mechanic
Goldmember
3,526 posts
Joined Apr 2010

Jun 23, 2014 17:07 |  #21
bannedPermanent ban

Candid wrote in post #16990113 (external link)

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

You could have added your input into any of the threads about the same thing already. The 7D has been dropping its price EVERYWHERE you have not detected anything special. Same rumor occurred with the recent World Cup which is possibly one of the biggest events where photography is involved.

Manufacturers do look at forums

Im sure Canon will make the camera just because you started yet another thread about the same thing...sure. News for you, you are just paraphrasing what has been discussed at nauseum already, good work. A quick search just showed 12....yes 12 threads regarding this rumor, not enough for you?

Gear: a toothed wheel :p
"To be of good quality, you have to excuse yourself from the presence of shallow and callow minded individuals" Michael Bassey Johnson
--Oscar--
flickr (external link)

Candid
THREAD ­ STARTER
45 posts
Joined Sep 2006

Jun 23, 2014 17:29 |  #22

Brain Mechanic wrote in post #16990220 (external link)
The 7D has been dropping its price EVERYWHERE you have not detected anything special.

Yes it has. A £200 pound price drop is pretty dramatic though. At least to me. 40's and 50's more common. You probably know more about pricing than me.

Brain Mechanic wrote in post #16990220 (external link)
Im sure Canon will make the camera just because you started yet another thread about the same thing

I'll be so proud of myself. Thank you Canon. As I said previously, if all you want to do is dis other people's threads, bully for you
Why not input constructively elsewhere. If this has been discussed at nauseum already, then read something that doesn't make you feel nauseous.
That would be the easy option for me

Jarvis ­ Creative ­ Studios
Goldmember
2,405 posts
Gallery: 28 photos
Joined Aug 2013

Jun 25, 2014 06:24 |  #23

The 7D Mark II is a rumor generated and fed by Canon to give to give crop users a reason to stay with their company. Canon crops are hopelessly falling behind the market curve, and Canon has proved time and time again it's not willing to fix this problem (putting the same sensor in a 7D and multiple entry level rebels was laughable.) The 7D was their last hope, and while a game changer at the time, other companies now have better offerings. Now that the 7D craze is coming to an end, Canon is attempting to keep Rebel, XXD, and 7D users interested with this rumor. You will never see a 7DII, and if you do it will hardly be the powerhouse you're expecting. It will be a 70D with weather sealing and a slightly faster fps.

WEBSITE (external link)
flickr (external link)
Sony HX90V || Sony RX100V || Sony a6500 || Sony a9 || Sony E 10-18mm f/4 OSS || Sony FE 24-70 f/2.8 GM || Sony Sonnar T* FE 35mm f/2.8 ZA || Sony Sonnar T* FE 55mm f1.8 ZA || Sony FE 70-200 f/2.8 GM OSS || Godox speedlights and strobes

magwai
Goldmember
1,094 posts
Joined Mar 2010

Jun 25, 2014 09:15 |  #24

Jarvis Creative Studios wrote in post #16993226 (external link)
The 7D Mark II is a rumor generated and fed by Canon to give to give crop users a reason to stay with their company. Canon crops are hopelessly falling behind the market curve, and Canon has proved time and time again it's not willing to fix this problem (putting the same sensor in a 7D and multiple entry level rebels was laughable.) The 7D was their last hope, and while a game changer at the time, other companies now have better offerings. Now that the 7D craze is coming to an end, Canon is attempting to keep Rebel, XXD, and 7D users interested with this rumor. You will never see a 7DII, and if you do it will hardly be the powerhouse you're expecting. It will be a 70D with weather sealing and a slightly faster fps.

Throw in cut down 5d3 AF and new sensor tech and it will be awesome whatever it is called.

venom3300
610 posts
Joined Jan 2014

Jun 25, 2014 09:19 |  #25

magwai wrote in post #16993464 (external link)
Throw in cut down 5d3 AF and new sensor tech and it will be awesome whatever it is called.

There is no new sensor tech. the 70D sensor shows no real gains over the 18mp sensor of old

Bodies: Nikon D800,Canon Rebel GII, Pentax K1000
Lenses: Nikon 20mm 1.8, Nikon 24 2.8 MF, Tamron SP 35mm 1.8, Tamron 90 2.8 Macro, Nikon 70-200 2.8 VR I, Nikon AI-P 500mm F4, Nikon TC-16A, SMC Pentax-A 50/1.7, SMC Pentax-M 100/4 Macro

gjl711
According to the lazy TF, My flatulence rates
55,262 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Jun 25, 2014 09:23 |  #26

Jarvis Creative Studios wrote in post #16993226 (external link)

I hope you're wrong, but i don't think Canon is unwilling. More likely they are unable. But as you say, others have surpassed Cann in IQ so maybe this the long delay getting the 7DII out is because they are working on a new sensor. One can hope.

Not sure why, but call me JJ.
I used to hate math but then I realised decimals have a point.
::Flickr:: (external link)
::Gear::

Lt ­ Colonel
682 posts
Gallery: 31 photos
Joined Dec 2013

Jun 25, 2014 09:40 as a reply to  @ gjl711's post |  #27

I too am interested in the 7DII. I've been saving a little along for a 5DIII, but can't seem to be able to justify the extra $ since I'm not generating money with my photography. There appears to be a tremendous amount of paid photographers on this forum and it is great that they so readily share their tips, tricks and ideas. Whether real or imagined.

So for those of us who in photography for the enjoyment, I think the 7DII will be like the 6D, a high end (capabilities) camera for those of us without financial justification for a 5dIII or 1DX.

This is really an exercise in wishes, thoughts and desires until, as it has been pointed out, that all this hype isn't about vaporware.

5DIII, 6D, 7D2, 5DMKIV,1DMK4,EOS-M,1DX
https://woodawg.smugmu​g.com/ (external link)

magwai
Goldmember
1,094 posts
Joined Mar 2010

Jun 25, 2014 10:24 |  #28

venom3300 wrote in post #16993472 (external link)
There is no new sensor tech. the 70D sensor shows no real gains over the 18mp sensor of old

There is no new sensor tech now agreed, but I thought we were speculating about the future? There are rumours about radical new sensor tech being announced in August and available in October so I am not just making this up (although I might be repeating something made up elsewhere).

pwm2
"Sorry for being a noob"
8,626 posts
Joined May 2007

Jun 25, 2014 11:20 |  #29

While we do not know what Canon have or what Canon is working on, we do know they have fabs and lots of RD engineers. The engineers aren't just rolling their thumbs because management has pressed on so e magical pause button. Engineers costs money and you always keep them occupied - or sack them.

Saying that Canon isn't doing anything is a speculation with a very low probability of being correct. They are working on sensors! The question is just when we see then next generation sensors bei g released and how well they will compete.

5DMk2 + BG-E6 | 40D + BG-E2N | 350D + BG-E3 + RC-1 | Elan 7E | Minolta Dimage 7U | (Gear thread)
10-22 | 16-35/2.8 L II | 20-35 | 24-105 L IS | 28-135 IS | 40/2.8 | 50/1.8 II | 70-200/2.8 L IS | 100/2.8 L IS | 100-400 L IS | Sigma 18-200DC
Speedlite 420EZ | Speedlite 580EX | EF 1.4x II | EF 2x II

Candid
THREAD ­ STARTER
45 posts
Joined Sep 2006

Jun 25, 2014 14:39 |  #30

I do definitely feel there is still a market for superior crop bodies. FF has gained a lot of ground, but for me the camera cost and associated glass to get the shots I want makes it a no go for me.

Lt Colonel wrote in post #16993519 (external link)
those of us without financial justification for a 5dIII or 1DX.

That's me. As is the case with this poster I too take photos for my own enjoyment and don't look to make money from it.

sponsored links

8,565 views & 0 likes for this thread
7DII
FORUMS News & Rumors Camera Rumors and Predictions 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.