Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
Thread started 24 Jun 2014 (Tuesday) 02:32
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Pergear gimbal

Africanphoto
124 posts
Joined Sep 2012

Jun 24, 2014 02:32 |  #1

Has anyone got one of these? Can't find much info on them. They look alright and are cheap

http://www.pergear.com​/pergear-th8/ (external link)

Canon 7D, Canon 100mm L F2.8, Sigma 120-300mm F2.8 OS, Sigma 50mm F1.4, Canon 430 ex II, Sigma 2x teleconverter, Kenko extension tubes, Vello flash cord And a few bits and peices and a Yashica 635!!!

sponsored links
RandyAC
55 posts
Joined Feb 2013

Jun 24, 2014 09:20 |  #2

That looks identical to the Opteka GH1, which I have. I only use it occasionally, and can't compare it to other gimbals but you can find several reviews of the Opteka online.

badams
699 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Nov 2006

Jun 24, 2014 14:18 |  #3

That's what I was thinking RandyAC. I don't have the Opteka so I can't comment on their quality or lack of whichever the case may be. There are lots of the knock-off brands that are all the same, just re-branded.

Everyday use: 7D2, 1.4x v3 Canon TC (sometimes the 2x v2 Canon TC), Canon 500mm f4 L IS USM; 6D, 24-105L
http://www.southernokp​hotography.com (external link)

CyberDyneSystems
Admin (type T-2000)
50,020 posts
Gallery: 161 photos
Joined Apr 2003

Jun 24, 2014 15:18 |  #4

They spelled "Gimabal" creatively :)

GEAR LIST
CDS' HOT LINKS
Jake Hegnauer Photography (external link)

C ­ Scott ­ IV
Goldmember
2,666 posts
Gallery: 479 photos
Best ofs: 7
Joined Feb 2011

Jun 24, 2014 18:59 |  #5

It looks exactly like all the Opteka GH1 type clones. There is no bushing in the base so if you did like I did don't expect smooth panning. I used the panning knob as a tension screw. All that did was scrape the aluminum surfaces together and made for real gritty movement. Not that is was ever very smooth to begin with. But it went from tolerable to intolerable.

Later I bought a Sirui K40-X and use it panning base for the GH1. It works much better than the GH1 out of the box.

Charles
www.CScott4.com (external link) | Instagram (external link) | Facebook (external link) | Gear | Image Editing OK and critique welcome
"Dodging and burning are steps to take care of mistakes God made in establishing tonal relationships." Ansel Adams

Box ­ Brownie
Cream of the Crop
10,188 posts
Joined Apr 2005

Jun 24, 2014 19:23 |  #6

CyberDyneSystems wrote in post #16992081 (external link)
They spelled "Gimabal" creatively :)

Not only that but very creatively flipped the image of the Canon body with grip attached the white lens (plus a non Canon TC by the look of it)on the tripod........that alone would give reservations if they pay so little attention to the details ;)

That was a great meal ~ you must have a good set of pans :p
Images for a photographic memory (external link) | Flickr (external link) | >>>My 500px<<< (external link)
credit line is vanity, payment is sanity

jmckayak
482 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined May 2009

Jun 25, 2014 14:30 |  #7

Don't forget the vertically oriented compass!

RandyAC
55 posts
Joined Feb 2013

Jun 26, 2014 17:41 |  #8

jmckayak wrote in post #16994080 (external link)
Don't forget the vertically oriented compass!

That seems to go along with the vertically oriented horizontal level. :rolleyes:
I can't imagine what they were thinking, if anything.

sponsored links

1,847 views & 0 likes for this thread
Pergear gimbal
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.