Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
Thread started 07 Jun 2011 (Tuesday) 09:52
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Android Tablet section

dkizzle
Goldmember
1,184 posts
Joined Mar 2012

Jun 29, 2014 13:28 |  #331

From the comments I saw on Youtube a lot of the users said DSLR Controller is better than Canon EOS for Android. I cannot speak for it since my camera does not have built in wifi. DSLR controller costs less than $10 and you will need either Android phone or tablet to use as the control mechanism. You can either connect via USB cable with an additional USB OTG host cable ($2) or you can use WIFI via purchased wireless router ($35).

@Oldschool1948 - Did you have problems with DSLR controller detecting your camera when using USB + USB OTG host cables?

I want to guest blog on your Landscape / Travel photography blog, PM for details

Jon
Cream of the Crop
69,628 posts
Joined Jun 2004

Jun 29, 2014 19:27 |  #332

werds wrote in post #17001169 (external link)
Hmmm so then I guess since my 70D has wifi built in all I need to do is get a tablet? Maybe a valid excuse to purchase a new tablet with 1920x1200 resolution...

Yes, that's correct. Out at Garber we got DSLR Controller on a Samsung Tab 3 talking to an EOS 6D, but Jim (whose 6D it is) sprung for the TP-3040 and DSLR Controller server software flashed onto it. Better battery life and more stable connection.

Jon
----------
Cocker Spaniels
Maryland and Virginia activities
Image Posting Rules and Image Posting FAQ
Report SPAM, Don't Answer It! (link)
PERSONAL MESSAGING REGARDING SELLING OR BUYING ITEMS WITH MEMBERS WHO HAVE NO POSTS IN FORUMS AND/OR WHO YOU DO NOT KNOW FROM FORUMS IS HEREBY DECLARED STRICTLY STUPID AND YOU WILL GET BURNED.
PAYPAL GIFT NO LONGER ALLOWED HERE

werds
"Yes, Sire. You'll shut your trap!"
613 posts
Gallery: 12 photos
Joined Mar 2014

Jun 29, 2014 19:42 |  #333

Jon wrote in post #17002039 (external link)
Yes, that's correct. Out at Garber we got DSLR Controller on a Samsung Tab 3 talking to an EOS 6D, but Jim (whose 6D it is) sprung for the TP-3040 and DSLR Controller server software flashed onto it. Better battery life and more stable connection.

Hmm price is low enough to make it work. Thanks!

Gear: Nikon D750, Nikon D7200, Sigma 17-50 2.8 OS, Sigma 50-150 2.8 OS HSM EX , Nikon 70-200 2.8 VR1, Tamron 24-70 2.8 VC, Tamron 70-200 2.8 VC, Tamron 28-300mm Di VC PZD, Tamron 16-300mm VC PZD, Tamron 150-600 VC, Nikon AF-S 50mm 1.8, Nikon SB-900
POTN Seller Feedback (and other)

Canajun
Goldmember
2,881 posts
Joined Dec 2008

Jul 01, 2014 01:42 |  #334

TeamSpeed wrote in post #16999397 (external link)
There is a way to simply wirelessly tether to your camera using a wireless access point like the camranger with your DSLRController app for your android. Please see my signature for details on it in my sale thread. No reason to root it this way, and my cost is $200 cheaper than camranger, or you can build your own if you are tech savvy.

My apologies for my late reply. I think my ASUS was the problem. Due to my carelessness. I cracked the screen on the ASUS and just my luck. Last week a local store had a Dell tablet on sale for $110 so I thought I'd gamble and try this one. It worked! the second I plugged the OTG it quickly recognized it. Another reason of my lateness to reply was that I was trying to make it work on the TL-MR3040 but with no success. I think I know the problem tho. I haven't downloaded the proper firmware from Chainfire. As soon as I get it working I'll make another post here.

thanks for your response.

Jun.Roberto.Dizon.Greg​orio
My Photographic Gears.

I Like Shooting Animals Than People.

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

81,003 views & 0 likes for this thread
Android Tablet section
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.