Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
Thread started 10 Jul 2014 (Thursday) 20:28
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Free eBook - Exposure Blending - Rewrite

Ynot
Goldmember
1,053 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Jan 2012

Jul 10, 2014 20:28 |  #1

Christopher O'Donnell has rewritten his free exposure blending ebook and is now available here (external link).

Tony
My Gear
Governments don't live together, people live together...Ӕ
Outlaw Josey Wales

sponsored links
CoRNDoG ­ R6
338 posts
Joined Dec 2009

Jul 10, 2014 21:26 |  #2

I signed up for it, now im just waiting on the email response. :) Thanks

Robert
Canon 5DII | Canon 7D | Canon T1i | Canon 70-200mm 4L IS | Canon 24-105mm 4L | Canon 17-40mm 4L | Canon 100mm 2.8 macro | Canon 50mm 1.4

ekraahi
216 posts
Joined Jul 2012

Jul 10, 2014 22:24 as a reply to  @ CoRNDoG R6's post |  #3

Just downloaded the copy, thnx

Surya @ New Jersey
Canon 5D MKIII, 14 f2.8, 16-35L II up for trade, 24 TSE II, 35 f2.8, 24-70L II, 100 f2.8L, 70-300L, 580 EX II, Pocket Wizards, Manfrottos and other stuff

StarJack
618 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Oct 2005

Jul 10, 2014 22:30 as a reply to  @ CoRNDoG R6's post |  #4

I was able to get this to download to a windows 7 desktop with no problem, other than an incredibly constrained speed on the delivery side (308mb took 8 minutes on a 12 GB connection). However the download will not open on an iPad via zipfileviewer, Evernote, or Dropbox.

YMMV, but frankly, if I can't get an e-book delivered on a mobile device in this day and age, the chance of me spending money on other products offered by the author is nil.

Regards,
Steve

LisaBlue85
484 posts
Gallery: 34 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Aug 2012

Jul 11, 2014 07:41 as a reply to  @ StarJack's post |  #5

Thanks! Smooth download & looks like a pretty good tutorial!

DanThoman
Goldmember
2,646 posts
Joined Aug 2009

Jul 11, 2014 08:31 |  #6

Thanks.

Dan
my gear
www.thomanstudio.com (external link)

Ynot
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,053 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Jan 2012

Jul 11, 2014 12:24 |  #7

StarJack, download for me was almost instantaneous, maybe I caught it at a good time.

I'm on a Mac and opened the zip with Archive Utility on my Mac, not onmy iPad. I had no problems putting the pdf in my Dropbox folder and then accessing it on my iPad via the iOS Dropbox App and then Open In iBooks which I prefer as a reader and cataloger.

The movies that came with the zip file I simply dragged over to iTunes and they sync'd w/out problems also and play great since the file format's native.

Good point on the mobile device delivery method, maybe I've just gotten used to the occasional hassle. Thank-goodness Craft & Vision don't do this as I'd be hating life when I'm on the road.

Tony
My Gear
Governments don't live together, people live together...Ӕ
Outlaw Josey Wales

StarJack
618 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Oct 2005

Jul 18, 2014 02:28 as a reply to  @ Ynot's post |  #8

Tony, thanks for the response, using a free zip app I was able to get into the files. Still have to play them separately, and don't consider the delivery method very well tuned. But it looks like some some good education worth reading. (I've only had about 15 minutes to review at this point, life keeps getting in the way! :lol:) In any case, since I neglected to say it before, thank you for posting that!

Regards,
Steve

gooeydruid
462 posts
Joined Sep 2010

Jul 18, 2014 11:31 |  #9

Thanks! Subscribed, going to download when I get home tonight. This is something I've been wanting to try for landscapes, never did like the look of most HDR shots, although there are some HDR masters out there who can really do it well.

T1i, 50mm 1.8, 18-55mm IS, Helios 44-4m
2x YongNuo speedlites, MeFoto Roadtrip, Elph 300HS, Domke F3x, Lowepro 400aw

sponsored links

1,652 views & 0 likes for this thread
Free eBook - Exposure Blending - Rewrite
FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.