Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
Thread started 30 Jun 2014 (Monday) 05:40
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

CF to ipad

duane0524
Goldmember
4,840 posts
Joined Aug 2008

Jun 30, 2014 05:40 |  #1

Does anyone know of an adapter that will let me import/view images from a CF card to my iPad Air? I know Apple has one for usb and sd, but not one for cf cards. I have seen several online but with spotty reviews and wanted to see if anyone here has found one.

Thanks

Canon 50D | Canon 17-55 | Sigma 30 1.4 | Canon 70-200 2.8 IS II| Canon 85 1.8 | 430EXII| 580EX ll | ST-E2 | Canon TC 1.4x II | Benro Travel Angel C1682TB0

sponsored links
John ­ from ­ PA
Cream of the Crop
10,632 posts
Joined May 2003

Jun 30, 2014 07:44 |  #2

I would investigate the Camera Connection Kit specifically for the Air (Lightning connector). At least in the prior versions of iPad the Camera Connection Kit, discussed at http://support.apple.c​om/kb/HT4101 (external link) could supposedly accomplish what you want. Also, at the link http://www.cnet.com …ad-camera-connection-kit/ (external link), specifically in the section titled "Using the CCK for more than just photography" there is a comment reading

Card readers: If your camera writes to a CF card, and you have a small CF card reader, simply plug it into the USB adapter and the iPad will read its contents.

If you go this route, make sure the Kit you buy is returnable. There seem to be mixed comments about this working as expected.

Firehouse
475 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Nov 2008

Jun 30, 2014 16:37 |  #3

Hi Duane,

I bought a CF Card reader off eBay and it works great. I can take JPEG or RAW photos, put the card into the reader, plug it into the iPad and it will import them, no problems. Go on eBay and type in CF card reader for iPad and you will see them, usually no more than $12.00 dollars. I got mine from a guy in NY so it was delivered in about a week. If you can find them let me know and Ill send you the info for the guy that sold mine to me.

Rich

duane0524
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
4,840 posts
Joined Aug 2008

Jun 30, 2014 18:43 |  #4

John from PA wrote in post #17002775 (external link)
I would investigate the Camera Connection Kit specifically for the Air (Lightning connector). At least in the prior versions of iPad the Camera Connection Kit, discussed at http://support.apple.c​om/kb/HT4101 (external link) could supposedly accomplish what you want. Also, at the link http://www.cnet.com …ad-camera-connection-kit/ (external link), specifically in the section titled "Using the CCK for more than just photography" there is a comment reading

If you go this route, make sure the Kit you buy is returnable. There seem to be mixed comments about this working as expected.

Thanks I have seen those but have read of mixed results.

Firehouse wrote in post #17003703 (external link)
Hi Duane,

I bought a CF Card reader off eBay and it works great. I can take JPEG or RAW photos, put the card into the reader, plug it into the iPad and it will import them, no problems. Go on eBay and type in CF card reader for iPad and you will see them, usually no more than $12.00 dollars. I got mine from a guy in NY so it was delivered in about a week. If you can find them let me know and Ill send you the info for the guy that sold mine to me.

I sent you a pm. I have seen these, but was not convinced they would do as they stated. if you could give me the seller you used that would great as I am looking for experience with specific ones.

Canon 50D | Canon 17-55 | Sigma 30 1.4 | Canon 70-200 2.8 IS II| Canon 85 1.8 | 430EXII| 580EX ll | ST-E2 | Canon TC 1.4x II | Benro Travel Angel C1682TB0

duane0524
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
4,840 posts
Joined Aug 2008

Jul 03, 2014 18:01 |  #5

Well I ordered one, I will post back once I get it and try it out.

Thanks

duane0524
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
4,840 posts
Joined Aug 2008

Jul 11, 2014 20:49 as a reply to  @ duane0524's post |  #6

We'll that was a piece of junk as the first time I used it the piece that plugs into the ipad came out of the unit and stayed in the ipad.

Back to the drawing board if anyone has any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated.

karobinson
Goldmember
1,236 posts
Gallery: 4 photos
Joined Feb 2008

Jul 11, 2014 21:43 |  #7

I got a apple camera connector kit that had a cf card connector at Walmart and it works great.

Ann Robinson:)
My Gear: bunch of stuff;....some I love ... some I hate ... some I can't live without..loving my 5d3...

patrickpkt
53 posts
Joined Apr 2005

Jul 11, 2014 21:50 as a reply to  @ karobinson's post |  #8

If you get a connection kit and it doesn't work, a USB cable plugged from the adapter into the camera will also get the job done. You usually can't (well, with the old dock connector) just use a memory card reader due to the power demands.

7D, Tamron 150-600, Sigma 30, 12-24, 24-70, 70-200, Canon 85/1.8

sponsored links

2,178 views & 0 likes for this thread
CF to ipad
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.