Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Critique Corner 
Thread started 09 Jul 2014 (Wednesday) 22:06
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

does this work or to fakeish

mannetti21
Goldmember
3,189 posts
Gallery: 129 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Sep 2010

Jul 14, 2014 14:53 |  #16

Seeing the original, it doesn't really look like you did anything too drastic in the edits. The colors in the original are great. I would maybe desaturate the blues in the sky just a bit, and maybe recover some of the shadows on the T-rex head. Not sure if you have children, but I can certainly see this hanging in a kid's room.

---------------
5D3, 5D4, 35Art, 50 f1.8 STM, 85 f1.8, 16-35L, 100-400L II
My Buyer/Seller Feedback

sponsored links
genesimmons
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,984 posts
Gallery: 5 photos
Joined Aug 2013

Jul 14, 2014 19:14 |  #17

thanx,the rokinon can defiantly add some flare and character to an image,i took quite a few at this location all on my flickr page, https://www.flickr.com​/photos/100085318@N08/ (external link)

thanx for all the feedback and tips,i do have kids and they luv this photo haha and they loved going there to haha

OLYMPUS EM1 M2. 12-100 F4 PRO.75mm f1.8,fisheye f1.8 pro. SONY A7 various manual lenses. FUJI X100
https://www.flickr.com​/photos/100085318@N08/ (external link)

Titus213
Cream of the Crop
19,402 posts
Gallery: 4 photos
Joined Feb 2005

Jul 14, 2014 19:27 |  #18

Other than being accused of being a dinosaur myself I know the T-rex doesn't live today. That plus the other issues mentioned leads me to go with fake.;-)a

Dave
Perspiring photographer.
Visit NorwoodPhotos.comexternal link

sandpiper
Cream of the Crop
7,171 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Aug 2006

Jul 14, 2014 19:44 |  #19

genesimmons wrote in post #17031170 (external link)
thanx for the replies and tips.heres another view of this beast
QUOTED IMAGE
IMAGE LINK: https://flic.kr/p/odZc​z7  (external link) goat farm enderby (external link) by eveilkneivil (external link), on Flickr

One comment I would make about this shot, is to keep an eye on subject separation when composing your image. This shot is spoiled by the head of the rear dino going into the neck of the other one. If you had just circled around to the left a couple of feet, the dinosaurs would be separated and give a much better composition.

genesimmons
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,984 posts
Joined Aug 2013

Jul 14, 2014 20:24 |  #20

sandpiper wrote in post #17032125 (external link)
One comment I would make about this shot, is to keep an eye on subject separation when composing your image. This shot is spoiled by the head of the rear dino going into the neck of the other one. If you had just circled around to the left a couple of feet, the dinosaurs would be separated and give a much better composition.

i totally see that now,i was hoping to get the further dinos head to come past the closer ones neck so u could see both heads,it was super sunny that day and i had to watch where the sun was,i will go back for sure,its not far from my place

OLYMPUS EM1 M2. 12-100 F4 PRO.75mm f1.8,fisheye f1.8 pro. SONY A7 various manual lenses. FUJI X100

bjonesy77
77 posts
Joined Mar 2014

Jul 18, 2014 15:51 |  #21

genesimmons wrote in post #17032084 (external link)
thanx,the rokinon can defiantly add some flare and character to an image,i took quite a few at this location all on my flickr page, https://www.flickr.com​/photos/100085318@N08/ (external link)

thanx for all the feedback and tips,i do have kids and they luv this photo haha and they loved going there to haha

You definitely have developed a style that encompasses a lot of saturation and clarity bumping. One thing I do know, is photographers HATE people bumping clarity and saturation too much but the general public LOVE it. This is evident in automotive photography more than anything.

That said, most photographers will shun you for over processing your images whereas a normal joe will think you've got the best camera of all time.

genesimmons
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,984 posts
Joined Aug 2013

Jul 18, 2014 20:19 |  #22

Haha u are totally right my friends think my 70d is a gold plated wonder of the world haha. I'm sure as I grow I will stop over processing but for now I'm going to take my gold plated wonder and get some more shots haha

Hannya
Goldmember
1,062 posts
Joined Apr 2008

Jul 19, 2014 12:03 |  #23

Tilt aside, I just find the sky is too overdone and distracting. Tone that bit down and I think it "works"

“Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst.” ― Henri Cartier-Bresson

Sports Pics (external link)

Road ­ Dog
Goldmember
1,372 posts
Gallery: 197 photos
Joined Jul 2014

Jul 20, 2014 14:49 |  #24

I think this could easily be taken a lot further off the reservation in terms of "over the top".

I really like the processing on this!

Just shut up and smile...
My Current Line-Up

Didereaux
415 posts
Gallery: 60 photos
Joined Jun 2014

Jul 23, 2014 09:51 |  #25

A 25 yr old Art Director would love that....others not so much! ;)

Couple of Canon bodies, a couple of Canon lens, few gadgets all stuffed in a bag...and a stick, and a tripod.
https://www.flickr.com …ringandmontepho​tos/albums (external link)

genesimmons
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,984 posts
Joined Aug 2013

Jul 23, 2014 12:53 |  #26

Didereaux wrote in post #17050657 (external link)
A 25 yr old Art Director would love that....others not so much! ;)

haha good thing i have some 25yo friends,I'm gonna head back to this location on a day not so sunny so i can get different angles,this day was to bright,it wasn't a planned outing just kinda stopped there on the way home

mattttyler
103 posts
Gallery: 17 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined Jun 2014

Jul 23, 2014 14:35 |  #27

for me the main thing that it very distracting is the sky. It's actually darker than the foreground, which is awkward to look at. I think you pushed a little too far in the HDR effect and clarity, and the tilt is dizzying. Other than that I really do like how you cant help but go "woah" when you see this because it's not something you see every day. Very intriguing!

matt-tyler-photo.com (external link)

genesimmons
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,984 posts
Joined Aug 2013

Jul 23, 2014 18:33 |  #28

i have some different angles on my flickr page,i only picked this one to critique as i liked the teeth on the ol t-rex

Clean ­ Gene
Goldmember
1,014 posts
Joined Nov 2010

Jul 25, 2014 01:21 |  #29

genesimmons wrote in post #17040724 (external link)
Haha u are totally right my friends think my 70d is a gold plated wonder of the world haha. I'm sure as I grow I will stop over processing but for now I'm going to take my gold plated wonder and get some more shots haha

Yeah, personally I think your images are a bit "overcooked" for my tastes. But at least for now, it seems to be your thing. At least you have a style. And it's not like you don't know what you're doing. Your images clearly don't look like that due to accident, you're obviously making deliberate decisions to get your images to look exactly how you want them to look.

So, if that's your style, I say go for it. If you're working intelligently and working with intent, then just stay true to your vision and learn how to make it work for you. Don't try to be something that you're not, realize who you are and then find out how to keep taking advantage of that.

Having said that, don't shrug off your critics. Because this kind of style isn't gonna work for everything. That style isn't generally to my tastes, but I don't think there's inherently anything wrong with it and it certainly has its place. But sometimes it's just not what the image needs. If it ain't working then it ain't working.

genesimmons
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,984 posts
Joined Aug 2013

Jul 25, 2014 06:28 |  #30

thanx clean gene,it is my style for now,like i said I'm sure i will out grow the processing as my photos get better out of camera.thanx for the kind words.

sponsored links

4,235 views & 0 likes for this thread
does this work or to fakeish
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Critique Corner 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.