Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Critique Corner 
Thread started 26 Jul 2014 (Saturday) 17:39
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Any Way to Fix This?

Bogino
488 posts
Gallery: 30 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Sep 2011

Jul 26, 2014 17:39 |  #1

Took this photo in Costa Rica about 4 years ago (bird is a Blue Crown Mot Mot). My photography skills were still in the "growing phase" then. Just wondering if there is a way to remove those branches in front of the bird since if those were out of the way I "think" it might be a decent shot. Thank You.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

Canon 7D Mark II; Canon 70-300mm "L"; Canon 100mm Macro; Tamron 24-70mm; Tokina 11-16mm 2.8

sponsored links
Radtech1
Everlasting Gobstopper
6,453 posts
Joined Jun 2003

Jul 26, 2014 18:18 |  #2

Yeah, it can be fixed.

Critique Corner is a low traveld sub forum here. You would get a lot more eyes on this if you reposted in "RAW, Post Processing and Printing", as the problem falls more under the umbrella of Post Processing rather than critique.

Rad

Be humble, for you are made of the earth. Be noble, for you are made of the stars.

M_Six
Cream of the Crop
7,238 posts
Gallery: 7 photos
Joined Dec 2010

Jul 26, 2014 19:21 |  #3

This was just a quick try, but you get the idea. Take your time with the clone stamp and healing brush tools and you can do it. Just be careful to avoid repeating patterns that stand out.

IMAGE: http://bimmermail.com/MotMot.jpg

Mark J.
Gear

Bogino
THREAD ­ STARTER
488 posts
Joined Sep 2011

Jul 26, 2014 19:33 |  #4

M_Six wrote in post #17058118 (external link)
This was just a quick try, but you get the idea. Take your time with the clone stamp and healing brush tools and you can do it. Just be careful to avoid repeating patterns that stand out.

QUOTED IMAGE

This is Great and much appreciated. I'm using LR5. What functions would I use to accomplish this? Thank You.

Canon 7D Mark II; Canon 70-300mm "L"; Canon 100mm Macro; Tamron 24-70mm; Tokina 11-16mm 2.8

M_Six
Cream of the Crop
7,238 posts
Gallery: 7 photos
Joined Dec 2010

Jul 26, 2014 19:45 |  #5

Sorry, I'm not familiar with LR5's tools. I have it, but I never use it. Not sure if it has cloning tools or not.

Mark J.
Gear

losangelino
925 posts
Gallery: 40 photos
Best ofs: 4
Joined Jul 2012

Jul 26, 2014 19:54 |  #6

you will need Photoshop or a similar program. Lightroom is great but wont do what you need in this case.

Flickr (external link)
IG: @spyology (external link)
IG: @photomagicology (external link)

Bogino
THREAD ­ STARTER
488 posts
Joined Sep 2011

Jul 26, 2014 19:56 |  #7

losangelino wrote in post #17058158 (external link)
you will need Photoshop or a similar program. Lightroom is great but wont do what you need in this case.

I also have Adobe Photoshop (# 10 I believe). Would that work? If so which functions? Thx.

Reservoir ­ Dog
A Band Apart
3,279 posts
Gallery: 469 photos
Best ofs: 9
Joined Jan 2013

Jul 28, 2014 10:03 |  #8

With LR 5 you have the cloning tool too, less easier to use than PS but with time and patience you can do it, it's called "spot removal" it's a circle with an arrow to the right (the second tool), LR might choose some part that don't fit, you just move the point that LR choose where you want to put it

150 Free online photos editing application (external link) / 100 Free Desktop Photo Editor Software (external link) / Free Photography eBooks (external link) / My photography blog (external link)

sponsored links

1,311 views & 0 likes for this thread
Any Way to Fix This?
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Critique Corner 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.