Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 28 Jul 2014 (Monday) 09:26
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Canon EOS-M ?

moltengold
Goldmember
4,296 posts
Joined Jul 2011

Jul 28, 2014 19:01 as a reply to  @ post 17062459 |  #16

I'm thinking to get the canon EOS M for the larger sensor
larger than the Fuji X20
http://snapsort.com …M-vs-Fujifilm-FinePix-x20 (external link)

plus
I can use all my canon lenses with it by the adapter

| Canon EOS | and some canon lenses

jase1125
Goldmember
3,027 posts
Gallery: 7 photos
Joined May 2010

Jul 28, 2014 22:08 |  #17

I love my M. I end up grabbing it most of the time now. There are also third party lenses being made in the M mount. Check out B&H for options. I primarily shoot with the 22 although I do have an adapter for my other canon glass. If I start needing something longer then I will buy telephoto M Mount lenses to save size. However, it is kind of cool to put my 50 or 85 on there :).

Jason

modestglock26
THREAD ­ STARTER
293 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Apr 2014

Jul 28, 2014 22:12 |  #18

moltengold wrote in post #17062487 (external link)
I'm thinking to get the canon EOS M for the larger sensor
larger than the Fuji X20
http://snapsort.com …M-vs-Fujifilm-FinePix-x20 (external link)

plus
I can use all my canon lenses with it by the adapter

But this is where it is possibly becoming an issue in my opinion. My LX3 was a decent size for me to where it could come with me everywhere I went, just about every day.

The EOS-M got my attention with the fact I can use my lenses on it, but then also have to add any of the bulk associated with an adaptor ring. At what point am I really going to just be having an easier time carrying my DSLR's on me?

I've had a G10 as well, but it was a bit bulky and I wasn't getting shots I was very happy with. So the LX3 took main travel duty for me.

Now that I've gone and ruined a good thing(accidents happen and yay to getting new toys), I need to find a decent replacement.

For the Fuji stuff, it looks great and if I could afford the x100s that would probably be my first choice. I was coming here to easy any curiosity about the size of the EOS-M because I would be able to justify the size with the 22mm lens on it, but I'm not sure the adaptor ring and other bulky lenses would make it practical for a replacement. I can't find one locally to get a hold of to really ease my mind.

The Fuji x20 or x10 was also suggested to me by a friend, but I'm not sure about them yet. Don't know if they would beat out the LX7 value and IQ wise. I have to admit, it sucks not being able to use my B+W filters for the LX7, or share batteries. But, the LX7 does seem to have some redeeming features and I wouldn't mind giving the f/1.4 a try.

Now I've got to prowl the EOS-M pics and see if they can sell me for a second buy down the road for something just slightly smaller than my other bodies. I think I'll either talk myself into it for the lens compatibility, or aim for the x100s when I can.

Sony A7ii and a Ricoh GR II with just about no skill

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

1,745 views & 0 likes for this thread
Canon EOS-M ?
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.